* * * * * 11 votes

List of all free Xbox Live Marketplace content

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6369 replies to this topic

#4771 MrsTimberlake

MrsTimberlake

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

*REMINDER*
to everyone to make sure you watch the presidential debates tonight on your Xbox live event player from 9-10:30pm ET (6-7:30pm PT)

• 10/3
  • 10/11
  • 10/16
  • 10/22
http://rewards.xbox....g/election-2012
cuz remember you have to watch 3/4 for at least 30 minutes each and be signed up with the rewards program to get the Halo 4 warrior avatar armor

*anyways I have a question*
I am going to be home at 6 to press play but I have to leave right after (it's my bday :)) and I missed 10/3 so can someone tell me what the deal was with people getting kicked out and having to click play again? I really need to get this one to count or I'll be diqualified :( is it going to matter when my controller turns off or is it not going to matter like when it turns off during Netflix?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:cry: Got a female avatar code lying around? :pray:

#4772 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

*REMINDER*
to everyone to make sure you watch the presidential debates tonight on your Xbox live event player from 9-10:30pm ET (6-7:30pm PT)

• 10/3
  • 10/11
  • 10/16
  • 10/22
http://rewards.xbox....g/election-2012
cuz remember you have to watch 3/4 for at least 30 minutes each and be signed up with the rewards program to get the Halo 4 warrior avatar armor

*anyways I have a question*
I am going to be home at 6 to press play but I have to leave right after (it's my bday :)) and I missed 10/3 so can someone tell me what the deal was with people getting kicked out and having to click play again? I really need to get this one to count or I'll be diqualified :( is it going to matter when my controller turns off or is it not going to matter like when it turns off during Netflix?

I got kicked off last time and I was actually watching the debate. I think Microsoft just can't handle the server load.

#4773 MrsTimberlake

MrsTimberlake

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:34 AM

I got kicked off last time and I was actually watching the debate. I think Microsoft just can't handle the server load.

Ya I clicked watch at 6 and finished getting ready to go out and not even 5 minutes in it kicked me - so I started again and waited and it kicked me about 10 minutes after. I put it back on watch but I had to leave so I'm hopin it went through for a while. I'm sure they're gonna get a lot of complaints from people.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:cry: Got a female avatar code lying around? :pray:

#4774 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

I got kicked off after about 10 minutes. I switched to NBC and finished watching it there.

#4775 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

It only kicked me out during the beginning due to servers being bombarded. But like ten minutes later I go on and leave and watch tv and don't even answer in their polls and come back at the end and Im still good.

#4776 genkikani

genkikani

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

For the first debate it just would not load for me and then when it did it stopped a lot (buffering of dooooom). I gave up and watched it on tv. Last night it had trouble loading the app saying it was offline (which it wasn't). Once it decide to play it was really improved a lot less buffering but still it's pretty pointless to watch on the xbox when it does crap like that. Not like the debate isn't televised on public tv...I was going for the armor but this is kinda dumb now.
Posted Image

#4777 OrganicTissue77

OrganicTissue77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

I wonder why we can't download Happy wars yet?

http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410ae9

http://playxbla.com/...ade-october-12/
OrganicTissue777.png
fs_overall.png

#4778 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

if you have a gold account -- not trial -- you'll find it free on the dashboard

I'm gold (non-beta) and it's not available for download for me yet.

#4779 OrganicTissue77

OrganicTissue77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

if you have a gold account -- not trial -- you'll find it free on the dashboard

I do have Gold and I'm looking in the dash as we speak. Its only shows Happy wars trailer for download. No demo or anything.
OrganicTissue777.png
fs_overall.png

#4780 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

I'm gold (non-beta) and it's not available for download for me yet.

Just discovered that someone who has the game will have to 'invite' you so that you can download it b/c it's not on the dash currently.

#4781 Dbuck1818

Dbuck1818

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:52 PM

Just throwing it out there, The Skittles Avatar Prop is still out there, I finally got it after i used my friends non-beta xbox. It popped up rather easily.

#4782 EnzeruAnimeFan

EnzeruAnimeFan

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

Still haven't seen the Slim Jim ad, and I wish there was a way for us to know how much time we were watching which debates. I had 29-30 minutes this time, but I don't know for sure. I was late because I came back from class and my siblings were watching Crackle.

Has the GameStop ad updated? Last time I saw it, they said the Downloads section would be "COMING SOON."

#4783 Ativan

Ativan

HaloTracker retired staff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

thanks

17482381.png

#4784 kuda

kuda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Full Game - Happy Wars
http://marketplace.x...cid=majornelson

#4785 scarsofthumper

scarsofthumper

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:03 AM

So I'm getting dashboard ads again and I was just able to claim the Chasing Mavericks surfboard.

I'm on beta btw.

#4786 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

Full Game - Happy Wars
http://marketplace.x...cid=majornelson

Thanks

#4787 Dbuck1818

Dbuck1818

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

So I'm getting dashboard ads again and I was just able to claim the Chasing Mavericks surfboard.

I'm on beta btw.

Just about to post!

Are ads are back for Beta peopel!

#4788 Razorleaf

Razorleaf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

beta is over. got new dashboard today.

#4789 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

Supposedly there is a free iron fist avatar prop that you can get on the US dashboard. Look for an ad for the movie called "The Man with the Iron Fists". I haven't seen the ad myself.

http://www.themexbox...c=4666.msg70544

Still haven't seen the Slim Jim ad

Someone on here recommended changing the state for your address to Florida for the Slim Jim ad. Also, changing your age to 18 supposedly helps to find the Skittles ad.

I did both of these and I was able to find them. This morning I have seen the Slim Jim, Maverick, and Skittles ads. Make sure to check each section. The Slim Jim ad and Skittles ads were in the "tv & movies" section.

It's nice to have the ads back for those of us on the beta. Funny to even say that. We were missing out on lots of freebies. Maybe we'll be able to get the ones we missed. I still haven't seen the Hotel Transylvania ad. I guess I missed that one.

#4790 TheCarsForever

TheCarsForever

The Cars Forever!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

I am on the BETA - still have the BETA channel/blade/tab...whatever you call it. My last dashboard update was a couple days ago. I was not seeing ads last night, but am seeing ads today. I got the Iron Fists, Verizon Hoverboard and Chasing Mavericks surfboard immediately upon starting up today.

I think I am just missing the Slim Jim and Hotel Transylvania goodies, but there seemed to be so many recently there could be others.

#4791 Psycosis86

Psycosis86

Gotta go take a link dump.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:18 PM

I watched the ad, but didnt get any prop... I'll have to check it again.

US, non-beta
Posted Image
My Trade Thread
This referall is for helping me afford my gaming habits. Looking to get free MS points or Amazon GCs? Then join Bing Rewards.

#4792 vamn

vamn

Posted 13 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Supposedly there is a free iron fist avatar prop that you can get on the US dashboard. Look for an ad for the movie called "The Man with the Iron Fists". I haven't seen the ad myself.

http://www.themexbox...c=4666.msg70544

Thanks for the heads up. I just grabbed it.

uKeETz5.jpgvamn.png

#4793 ManCowBear

ManCowBear

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

I'm on the Beta Dashboard and I just found the verison, The Man with the Iron Fists, 5 gum, and chasing mavericks ads so far...

#4794 pyoobez

pyoobez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the Beta. Just got the hoverboard, surfboard, Slim Jim and Man with the Iron Fists prop.
Posted Image

#4795 Daw19yoyo

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Happy Wars is out!!!!!
http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410ae9
Your new riddle of the day...year.... Forever?:
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could Chuck Norris?
All of it.

(lol) Its a Spaceship!

Dawness:
adjective
1. proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern: the random selection of numbers, multiplied by ∞. :whee:

#4796 praxus07

praxus07

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:05 AM

So we get to keep Happy Wars for free if we're in the beta? Somehow mine was showing as corrupted and i had to delete it off the HD the other day.
Praxus_07.png

#4797 NoDAK

NoDAK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Happy Wars was released on Friday. It's now available "free" for everyone.
You should find it already in your download history.

#4798 dwb6

dwb6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

So we get to keep Happy Wars for free if we're in the beta? Somehow mine was showing as corrupted and i had to delete it off the HD the other day.

ya same happened to me. its probably just because technically its a different version since that one was the beta and this is the full version.
Posted Image
Google powered search engine. Almost identical to Bing rewards but offers way better rewards and is easier to earn swagbucks (points)
http://points2shop.com//banners/184785
Use points (earned by playing games, filling out easy surveys, or many other simple ways) to purchase stuff off of amazon.com

#4799 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I watched the ad, but didnt get any prop... I'll have to check it again.

US, non-beta

There are two ads for the "The Man with the Iron Fists". The small ad tile will just play a trailer for the movie. The large ad tile will have the avatar prop.

#4800 BigBob

BigBob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

There are two ads for the "The Man with the Iron Fists". The small ad tile will just play a trailer for the movie. The large ad tile will have the avatar prop.

I watched the small tile for my "The Mane with the Iron Fist" prop.