Photo
- - - - -

XBLM DOTW- Crash Bandicoot - Wrath Of Cortex (Xbox Original) 800pts (GOLD Only)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 robbyH

robbyH

The King of EVILLLLL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:15 PM

This week's deal is a Xbox original Crash Bandicoot-The Wrath of Cortex. Starting now for 800 points.

http://www.xbox.com/.../dealoftheweek/

Edited by shrike4242, 04 May 2009 - 06:05 PM.

#2 shoe478

shoe478

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

How much is it usually? $10 for an xbox game seems like the full price lol.

#3 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

....ewwww.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#4 Pratt75

Pratt75

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

If those games were $10 all the time I would buy some of them but the normal $15 price point is to much.

#5 Felder71

Felder71

I am Iron Gland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

Someone needs to tell MS that selling an 8 year old game that isn't very good for $10 is far from a deal. Deals include things that people actually want.
Posted Image

#6 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

If those games were $10 all the time I would buy some of them but the normal $15 price point is to much.

Agreed. Only game that I would have bought for 15 was Psychonauts mainly because I had a hard time finding it in the first place.
Anyways as for the game bleh, I got it about a year ago for 6 bucks with a coupon from gamestop and got bored of it after about 2 hours and never touched it again. Crappy deal of the week.

#7 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 12:58 PM

i may buy it for 8.00.. maybe, if they gave me a bigger HD anyway....

#8 Trufatty

Trufatty

More Cow Bell??!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

i have to agree with everyone here, but thanks for the post.

#9 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

I will never buy any of these who do they think they are kidding at $15 a peice and they act like $10 is a sale, i would much rather hunt down the disc.

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#10 KRS

KRS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

Does anybody really download Xbox Originals? Aside from curiosity about how XBO works or a particular favorite game, I wouldn't imagine that they sell very well. I'd rather see the game added to the backwards compat list.

Achievements would turn the business model on its head...

#11 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Microsoft.

Thanks.........for nothing

#12 DarkRider23

DarkRider23

hates hoarders

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

Does anybody really download Xbox Originals? Aside from curiosity about how XBO works or a particular favorite game, I wouldn't imagine that they sell very well. I'd rather see the game added to the backwards compat list.

These originals must be making them some money, I imagine, or Microsoft wouldn't have them up. How much does keeping these Xbox originals up for download cost Microsoft anyway? A dime a month?

#13 mm07

mm07

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Question:
How many xbox originals would you buy at 5.00 each??
I think I would buy a bunch....
(I'd also probably buy a bigger HD... lol so they'd make money there too)

-Mike

#14 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

Sadly I know people who purchase them regularly. One friend pretty much purchases them all even though he owns them on original xbox. I doubt he even plays them I think he just likes owning stuff.
Another friend who lives in college dorms says he buys them because no one came steal them. Think I would just take my chances since most of them can be picked up for 5-10 bucks elsewhere.
A guy on my friend list at work buys them, I asked him why once and he told me that he never owned an original xbox and missed a lot of games. He didn't know some were backward compatible and I've been letting him borrow my old ones i don't play since.

I doubt I'll ever buy one unless its seriously discounted and I don't all ready own it. I'd probably spend 600 points for one if I didn't own it and it looked decent.

#15 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

I bought Ninja Gaiden Black, since it was cheaper than buying the game used at the time and that it's probably my favorite game ever!

#16 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:51 PM

Anyone have the Month of May's list yet for the XBLA deals?
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#17 dabogues

dabogues

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

Methinks we should chill the :-# out.

If they put Black on sale for 50% off, I'd get it. That's probably the only one. If they really wanted the things to sell, they'd add achievements to XBO titles. Maybe that's too much time and effort to spend on old, out of print games, though. As it stands, $15 is way too much.

Even for Silver members.

Kidding!
"I suspect that I am the result of a particularly weak conception on the part of my father. His sperm was probably emitted in a rather offhand manner." --- Ignatius J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.

#18 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:14 PM

lol, i know CAG make threads for each 'XBLM Deal of the Week' but this is so absurd is it even worth a thread?

#19 tankass

tankass

Badass Mutha

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:20 PM

Not to interrupt the argument between silver and gold members, but really? Crash for 10? I think Im just gonna keep my eye out for amazons next XBLA deal cause its obvious MS is content giving garbage deals.

#20 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

Well, I'm actually a big Crash Bandicoot fan, and enjoyed this game (minus the extreme loading times). I have plenty of points to spend, so I'll probably download it. Normally, I wouldn't download any XBO titles, but I'm a big enough Crash fan that I even considered buying it for $15 when it came out (and $10 is a much better deal, last time I checked, the game goes for about the same price or more online [ shipped ]).

Posted Image

#21 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:18 PM

Thanks for the cleanup work. :wall:

#22 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

I still have Sealed XBOX copy :)
"Evil is Funs"

#23 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:07 PM

Was this the one where Crash is absusing Cortex? The demo for that one actually seemed kind of clever (I hated the newest one though).

I was considering picking up Indigo Prophecy through the Live store or Steam, but I found a disc copy, and it was actually cheaper (yay!)
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#24 dallascowboys

dallascowboys

How'BoutThemCowboys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

Xbox Originals is a joke. Most of the games can be bought very cheap used. Why would I pay $15 for a download of Crimson Skies that wastes hd space over a $2.99 used copy at GS that includes the manual, case and game? I think not, MICROSOFT!

#25 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:25 AM

Yeah, well that's one more reason they want to push us to this download stuff :(

At least they're not trying to charge $60 :-/ , and the selection is pretty great (they should stick Buffy up there...)

Edited by Wolfpup, 05 May 2009 - 04:10 AM.

Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#26 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

So no word on the rest of May?
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#27 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

I may end up buying this. It's listed at $10 used at Gamestop. While I'd rather have a physical copy, trying to track one of these down with the case and manual could be too much of a hassle.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Neotribal

Neotribal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:53 PM

So no word on the rest of May?

^^ This