Prince of Persia Graphic Novel $3.98 @ B&N

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

This is a book deal, so I'm not sure if this is the best spot to post this.

I picked up the Prince of Persia Graphic Novel for $3.98 at Barnes and Noble by Iowa City. Deals available online as well. Extra 10% off if you're part of their membership program.

http://search.barnes...41981777/?itm=6

#2 spideymike

spideymike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

Btw, as a librarian and a gamer - the graphic novel is very French in feel and very disjointed. It's nothing like the games.

:beer:

#3 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

I'll add that it's also pretty confusing. I'm only a third of the way through, and it can be tough to follow the inter-twining plotlines.

#4 segaplayer

segaplayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

for 3.98 a steal! i called and have ready for pickup later today. thanks op!

#5 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

The artwork in this one is interesting, and it is written by Jordan Mechner, who created the orig game, apparently the subsequent ones, and is involved in the movie script.

Its not necessarily aa straight forward a story as one would suspect, but I think it is ultimately rewarding for those with a great deal of interest, or who are willing to invest the effort.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#6 WingsDJY

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

FYI, the last dozen pages contain a history of the Prince of Persia series, not the game storylines, but the creation history. It's also written by Jordan Mechner.

#7 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Yeah, I got it a while back when it was on sale for 50% off at B&N. It's not bad but it's VERY confusing. There are two plotlines that switch off randomly so you need to pay attention. It also doesn't have anything to do with the games.

11317.png

#8 Wingwright

Wingwright

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

Can't really go wrong for $4. I bought it on sale for $7 and thought it was a good price. The book is decent, nothing that will change you life or anything, but worth a read at that price.

#9 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:39 AM

I'll go ahead and tag this for now. I'll probably do in-store pick up or just grab it myself. I'm just on the fence because I haven't heard anything good about the book. But it IS just $4.

#10 MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho

Loves His Toy Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:47 AM

Does anyone know if it's any good?
http://gamercard.xboxresource.com/sig_red/Sme11thegl0ve

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

Went to B&N today, these are located in the clearance bins, not in the comics/graphic novels sections in case anybody was wondering (this might depend on the store as well).

Ended up not buying it as I hated the art, and the art is a big reason why I even read comics this days. But I did find Halo novel, Ghost of Onyx for 4.95 on clearance as well, worth it as its regular price is 12.99. Just FYI.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#12 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:10 AM

Btw, as a librarian and a gamer - the graphic novel is very French in feel and very disjointed. It's nothing like the games.

So I'd have to be a librarian to be able to discern this?;)

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif