PS HOME Free Items / Clothes / Freebies Wiki

• Please log in to reply
4241 replies to this topic

#3421 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

Man I'm having a hard time finding this stuff, is it heavily time based?

#3422 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I also found eye of noot, I don't know what that makes

#3423 Digital-Nitrate

Digital-Nitrate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

UPDATED

There is also a Easter Island Tiki Head Stool reward for making all five curses:

Swamp Gas Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Ectoplasm
Hot Head Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Pumpkin
Spirits Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Hemlock OR Hemlock + Eye of Newt + Ectoplasm
Fly Swarm Curse = Hemlock + Eye of Newt + Pumpkin
Bat Swarm Curse = Hemlock + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm OR Eye of Newt + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm

Edited by Digital-Nitrate, 25 October 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#3424 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

I found the newt by the passed out drunk skeleton at the bar

#3425 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Damm the effects are not rewards ?

#3426 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

Nope. The effects go away when you leave. I'm not bothering. Got one set of nails, they sucked. Rewards aren't worth my time in this case.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#3427 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

That blows, I was thinking the effects were awesome rewards,...

#3428 HoneyGunz

HoneyGunz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

I was thinking the same thing :( would have been nice

#3429 specterkev

specterkev

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:26 PM

nice to see they cheaped out on us once again :(

#3430 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

nice to see they cheaped out on us once again :(

So are any of these actual rewards that you can keep?
Posted Image

#3431 Digital-Nitrate

Digital-Nitrate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:13 AM

I don't know why there seems to be any confusion. I listed the rewards you can get, and the other spells that I listed are just visual effects while you are in the space... Expecting these to be free aura rewards is more than a little unrealistic. Heck, why stop there and let's all bitch about why they don't give us everything in Home for free.

Come on guys, there is plenty of reasonable things to complain about in the way Home is managed, but this is actually the best Halloween event they have ever had in Home, and is even better than the one they have been having in Japan... More rewards, games, and visuals...

Chill out, and enjoy it or just don't, but complaining because they are offering a game that gives your avatar special effects while you are in the space is pretty unreasonable

Don't get sucked into the hipster culture of complaining about everything, and try and enjoy things for a change.

However, if this is how the majority feel, then I see no point in sharing info on how to get rewards if no one seems to give a crap.

#3432 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:23 AM

I don't know why there seems to be any confusion. I listed the rewards you can get, and the other spells that I listed are just visual effects while you are in the space... Expecting these to be free aura rewards is more than a little unrealistic. Heck, why stop there and let's all bitch about why they don't give us everything in Home for free.

Come on guys, there is plenty of reasonable things to complain about in the way Home is managed, but this is actually the best Halloween event they have ever had in Home, and is even better than the one they have been having in Japan... More rewards, games, and visuals...

Chill out, and enjoy it or just don't, but complaining because they are offering a game that gives your avatar special effects while you are in the space is pretty unreasonable

Don't get sucked into the hipster culture of complaining about everything, and try and enjoy things for a change.

However, if this is how the majority feel, then I see no point in sharing info on how to get rewards if no one seems to give a crap.

My confusion stems from the fact that I haven't logged in there yet, and I'm not sure which rewards are rewards, and which are just 'effects'. I'm sure I'll figure it out pretty quickly once I get on later tonight.

I like collecting all the free items so it sounds like I need to do all the combinations anyways to collect the last reward.
Posted Image

#3433 specterkev

specterkev

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:42 AM

Holidays should be a big thing with nice freebies..the aura should have been free to those... but whatever.... but dude we have out own opinions.. I feel they skimmped out this year compared to last halloween.

#3434 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Swore we had a better Halloween before, one that gave us a full outfit. The nails are hardly noticeable, they're the only real rewards other than the tiki thing which.. doesn't appeal to me visually. Not my aesthetic.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#3435 specterkev

specterkev

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

I know this is not for Home, but Free Dynamic halloween theme in the playstation store.

#3436 Digital-Nitrate

Digital-Nitrate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

UPDATE:

After testing this out with a new account, you do not need to do all 10 combinations to get the Easter Island Tiki Head Stool reward. You only need to make all five curses:

Spirits Curse = Gunpowder + Eye of Newt + Hemlock OR Hemlock + Eye of Newt + Ectoplasm
Bat Swarm Curse = Hemlock + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm OR Eye of Newt + Pumpkin + Ectoplasm

#3437 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

UPDATE:

After testing this out with a new account, you do not need to do all 10 combinations to get the Easter Island Tiki Head Stool reward. You only need to make all five curses:

That's helpful info, thanks. Nevermind about my other question, I misread what you wrote.
Posted Image

#3438 Ir0n

Ir0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

UPDATE:

I did not receive the Tiki Stool until I completed the 5 curses AND the 3 hand rewards FYI (so 8 combinations mixed). I started with the 5 curses.

It also appears the the Hemlock is on a timer and appears at 11:00am central time in all regions. Not sure at what time it poofs, but by late evening it can no long be found.

#3439 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

It also appears the the Hemlock is on a timer and appears at 11:00am central time in all regions. Not sure at what time it poofs, but by late evening it can no long be found.

I had been wondering about the Hemlock. It's pretty rare for me to be able to get on in the morning so I guess I might miss out on those. Maybe I'll try for it over this weekend; if I can do it without the rest of the family bitching at me.
Posted Image

#3440 pandiosity

pandiosity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:16 PM

The halloween stuff is cool, but if you really want to be creeped out you should read the activity board.

So besides the Mug, the Tiki stool and Cat Claws (m/f), Devil Fingernails (m/f), Vampire Nails (m/f) anything else I should be looking for this fine weekend running up to Halloween?

#3441 Ir0n

Ir0n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

The halloween stuff is cool, but if you really want to be creeped out you should read the activity board.

So besides the Mug, the Tiki stool and Cat Claws (m/f), Devil Fingernails (m/f), Vampire Nails (m/f) anything else I should be looking for this fine weekend running up to Halloween?

Not that I am currently aware of in the Adventure Space. I do see 3 other ingredients on the bar mixing screen that may become available later on in the event?.. not sure yet.

#3442 goddessbunny42

goddessbunny42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

I did not receive the Tiki Stool until I completed the 5 curses AND the 3 hand rewards FYI (so 8 combinations mixed). I started with the 5 curses.

I have found a way to get hemlock to appear at 12pm Noon ET - the old trick of changing the Time Zone on your XMB. Set the Time Zone on your XMB to after 12 pm Noon, but before 1pm whatever it is on the world (NOTE: use the clock in the upper right as a gauge to when the TZ is set correctly). DO NOT change the actual time on your clock.

I tested this theory yesterday when it was really 7:35am ET. I changed it to Brussels time (I think) - it was definitely after 12pm Noon. I logged back into Home and rezoned to the Adventure District - lo, and behold, hemlock a plenty. Was able to finish getting the current wave of Halloween curses and rewards until the next release.

Hope this helps! :D

#3443 Ren_Echo

Ren_Echo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:52 AM

I have found a way to get hemlock to appear at 12pm Noon ET - the old trick of changing the Time Zone on your XMB. Set the Time Zone on your XMB to after 12 pm Noon, but before 1pm whatever it is on the world (NOTE: use the clock in the upper right as a gauge to when the TZ is set correctly). DO NOT change the actual time on your clock.

I tested this theory yesterday when it was really 7:35am ET. I changed it to Brussels time (I think) - it was definitely after 12pm Noon. I logged back into Home and rezoned to the Adventure District - lo, and behold, hemlock a plenty. Was able to finish getting the current wave of Halloween curses and rewards until the next release.

Definitely helps! I was having no luck at all with the logging off and logging back in method but changing the time zone worked. Thanks, you may have just saved Halloween!

Edited by Ren_Echo, 27 October 2012 - 05:06 AM.

#3444 goddessbunny42

goddessbunny42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

Definitely helps! I was having no luck at all with the logging off and logging back in method but changing the time zone worked. Thanks, you may have just saved Halloween!

Glad to help there, Ren! :applause:

#3445 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:38 AM

Worked like a charm, thanks for the advice. Easily got the tiki chair.
Posted Image

#3446 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

I didn't see it mentioned here with the other Home Tycoon rewards:
Watch the complete credits (at the Mayor's office under 'Options') for a free Hellfire T-shirt.
Posted Image

#3447 thunder_gamer

thunder_gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hey all,

I tried the XMB trick to get hemlock for Halloween thing at Adventure District. And it worked pretty well. But the problem I am having is that if the time zone is changed to non American ones, all I can get is skull instead of ectoplasm. Forgot to do it this weekend so pretty much can only rely on time zones from other countries. Anyone know how I can still get ectoplasm if doing XMB trick? Only missing Vampire Nails at the moment.

By the way, how long does this Halloween thing last? There seems to be couple ingredients that were not mentioned before like a blue/purple flower looking thing.

On the side note, because I ended up with skull, so I tried it with mixing the cocktail and got Sugar Skull Mask. So guess that is better than nothing.

#3448 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hey all,

I tried the XMB trick to get hemlock for Halloween thing at Adventure District. And it worked pretty well. But the problem I am having is that if the time zone is changed to non American ones, all I can get is skull instead of ectoplasm. Forgot to do it this weekend so pretty much can only rely on time zones from other countries. Anyone know how I can still get ectoplasm if doing XMB trick? Only missing Vampire Nails at the moment.

By the way, how long does this Halloween thing last? There seems to be couple ingredients that were not mentioned before like a blue/purple flower looking thing.

On the side note, because I ended up with skull, so I tried it with mixing the cocktail and got Sugar Skull Mask. So guess that is better than nothing.

Was the Sugar Skull Mask an article of clothing? I don't see it listed as a reward for EU or NA, so maybe you uncovered something new. What was the combination that got you this? And was it under an NA account?
Posted Image

#3449 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

The skull mask is new. You get a skull ingredient by playing the limbo game. Ectoplasam is now gone. To get the skull mask mix any combo of skull and two other items to get it. The skull mask is under Accessories - glasses. It's pretty cool. glasses

#3450 hellmutt

hellmutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

The skull mask is new. You get a skull ingredient by playing the limbo game. Ectoplasam is now gone. To get the skull mask mix any combo of skull and two other items to get it. The skull mask is under Accessories - glasses. It's pretty cool. glasses

Interesting, does this mean you can't earn the ectoplasm-based rewards any more? Glad I snagged them Saturday night...
Posted Image