CAG Foreplay #62: Easily Distractable

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 figcoinc

figcoinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for the Banjo Kazooie intro. Did you guys watch that Brentalfloss version of it on Screwattack? It is pretty damn funny.

#32 morph3us

morph3us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:29 PM

Hey Ship, what difficulty did you play though Dead Space on? Also what weapon did you put all your upgrades into?
I think the game is alot scarier on hard the first time as you have less ammo and they have more health, nothing like 6 guys running at you when you have 3 ammo left.

#33 mrs. shipwreck

mrs. shipwreck

CAG Foreplayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

Two things, first I bet Mrs. Ships rampage had a little to do with that Dos Equis she was drinking does not take much.

I hope you were drinking the Dos Equis Amber.

Yup, it was the Amber. And yes, you know how a little beer makes me very talkative. :D
Posted Image

#34 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:49 PM

Hey Ship, what difficulty did you play though Dead Space on? Also what weapon did you put all your upgrades into?
I think the game is alot scarier on hard the first time as you have less ammo and they have more health, nothing like 6 guys running at you when you have 3 ammo left.

I played it on whatever the normal difficulty was. Since I had downloaded the free Elite suit when the game launched I ended up with a lot of expendable in-game currency, so I had a fully upgraded suit, plasma cutter, and force gun.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#35 Agent_BBJ

Agent_BBJ

I am cannon fodder!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:11 PM

I loved this episode. I was laughing the whole time. I have to agree with Ship about digital distriubation. What happens when hard drives die and the companies servers are down. I can always pop Contra into my NES and play it without hassle of a server. Unless they make some way to back up your games. I will not be down with digital distriubation.

#36 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:09 PM

Yup, it was the Amber. And yes, you know how a little beer makes me very talkative. :D

You know the rule:
No beer until you finish your tequila!
Posted Image

#37 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

You aren't alone with the touch screen problems on Sonic Chronicles Mrs. Shipwreck. I've played it on both my DS phat and DS lite and had poor touch detection. Ultimately, it's what led me to stop playing the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 mrfreeziexp

mrfreeziexp

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:05 AM

lol, it's fun to listen to Mrs. Shipwreck when she's liquored up. awesome podcast as always.

Edited by mrfreeziexp, 09 May 2009 - 07:29 AM.

:cold:

#39 Spartan V07

Spartan V07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Nice banjo music in the beginning.

#40 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:57 AM

My favorite paraphrased quote from the episode -

Ship:"I keep trying to work my way back through Banjo 1 so I can see if they still hold up, but I always fall asleep." Shouldn't that be a clue, Ship? :drool:

Not that I'm hating on Banjo, I've personally never played any of the games, I just thought that was funny. I enjoyed the episode and it was great to hear something new from you since I'm making my way through the archives.

I read the previews first this time (not something I normally do) and I thought it was interesting that Ship's written preview for Velvet Assassin sounded a LOT more positive than his spoken one. Anyway, thanks for the fun!

#41 Link927

Link927

Work In Progress

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

Ah, been pretty busy with work lately, its been a while since I've listened to the Foreplay. Velvet Assassin looks good, but I too dont wanna drop 60 on it.

Nothing to see here, move along!

#42 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 04:09 AM

Klonoa's the second game to be blacklisted by either of the shipwrecks as a game nobody should be playing, the other being LBP.

I've only played Klonoa 2 and one of the GBA spinoffs and they're fun platformers that are different than most others out there. You might want to track down one of the GBA games since they're 2D only and are a bit more puzzle-focused than the console versions.

The only disappointment I had with my DS Lite was that the case wasn't matted, so it's covered in fingerprints that I stopped trying to clean off all of the time.

Administration like the UK version of going bankrupt, which Free Radical went into just before they were bought up by Crytek.

Infinite Interactive is an independent studio, so they're not owned by D3 though they do own the Puzzle Quest IP, from what I can tell.

Patapon 2 is being sold in stores though, but I'd recommend playing the demo since you get a few levels and the chance to play as much as possible. I definitely wasn't much of a fan of the grind but have been able to progress through the game a bit more easily when I go in thinking I don't have a chance to beat it. Plus, it's a great loot game.

I'd agree that I would be all for digital downloads on handhelds since that allows the system to be much more portable than before.

Seaman was awesome. It only takes a month to beat and it was great.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 10 May 2009 - 04:35 AM.

#43 dekar350

dekar350

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 06:10 AM

Really good show this week guys! I loved it when Mrs. Ship was actually crinkling the shrink wrap of the unopened Dreamcast game. Personally, I love Klonoa, as it's a solid 2D platformer with some interesting enemy combat, the way they help you platform, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions on games. I hope Mrs. Ship goes crazy during more episodes, because it seems whenever that happens its always the most entertaining!

#44 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Mrs. Ship definately had a little edge going during this episode and was diggin' into Ship a little, but its fun how they walk the line teasing each other, but don't cross it.

Also, can you imagine how much game stuff Ship would being home in he had some time vacationing in Japan -- imagine the import games he'd being back...he's need another suitcase and an annex to the basement!

Edited by bsesb2003, 11 May 2009 - 04:58 AM.

[cp][/cp]

#45 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

Dos Equis + Mrs Shipwreck makes for a good show. Slam a few more before the next show so we can test this theory more.

#46 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:20 AM

Loved the show. Especially the ending with Mrs Shipwreck going through the old Dreamcast stuff such as all the old sports games still sealed.

#47 horriblehager

horriblehager

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

I agree with Mr Shipwreck about not liking downloadable games due to the fact of they have no resale value which will kill the trading sites (Goozex). So I pay $60 for a game brand new and will not be able to sell it because I downloaded it. Now I am out $60. Where is if I have a hard copy of the game, I will be able to flip it for 1000 goozex and get another game and my $60 is now $50 in goozex points and allows me to get something else.....
Horrible Hager - My Trade List

HorribleGamer (Reviews, Cheap Games & Systems): http://www.horriblegamer.com

Posted Image - HorribleGamer RSS Feed

#48 terpkristin

terpkristin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Other people have said pretty much everything I'd say on the actual meat of the show, so I'll just say it's nice having you guys back. :)

/tk
terpkristin
Find me on XBLA and PSN as terpkristin
Wii: 4059 1919 9282 7625
Now Playing: trying to go through the stack of games...
Trying to update the blog regularly.. http://gimpygal.blogspot.com
http://kristin.seidelmann-owners.com/

#49 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:39 AM

Will we be hearing from you guys this week?

#50 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

Will we be hearing from you guys this week?

If everything goes as planned, there should be a new show tomorrow morning.
Posted Image

#51 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

Sweet! Looking forward to it (unless there are pet emergencies and Mrs. Ship is gone saving a life or something.)

#52 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:29 PM

Sweet! Looking forward to it (unless there are pet emergencies and Mrs. Ship is gone saving a life or something.)

Guess what! Mrs. Ship's on call got changed from tomorrow night to tonight, so we'll be recording tomorrow and the show will be out Thursday now. All ready to post and everything, just need that pesky audio portion.
Posted Image

#53 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

LOL. Darn pesky "audio" portion of the podcast. Looking forward to Thursday!

#54 Super_Cholo

Super_Cholo

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:25 AM

Anyone ever notice how Mrs. Shipwreck kinda sounds like Kevin Smith's wife a little? Don't believe me watch Clerks 2 or Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back. She's Dante's Fiance in Clerks 2. Sad that I noticed that actually.
Check me out at Richs iPhone Repair Remember kids... We Don't Die, We Multiply.

Posted Image

#55 Viper139

Viper139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Just wanted to say thx, I brought a domain name from Godaddy using the Gamer1 code :) http://www.worklessplaylonger.com/ dont judge it yet lol its far from finished.
Posted Image Check out my blogs :D

#56 Jruth

Jruth

No trite shit crew gamer bro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:10 AM

So is there going to be a new podcast anytime soon? Maybe you should change your format, instead of talking about new releases you could just talk about video games.

Haven't you figured it out yet fanboys? Your mommy can't afford both consoles! Be grateful with what you got and shut the Fuck up.

- starving African bro

#57 Gillespee

Gillespee

Super Mario Striker!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

Hey Foreplayers, check out my blog post on The Conduit for the Wii if that interests you:
http://www.cheapassg...blog.php?b=9263