Connecting Xbox to Computer Monitor - VGA or DVI

Riyonuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
I'm not to keen on the aspects of video signals (VGA, DVI, HDMI, etc), so don't be too harsh on me. I have a Dell SE198WFP, and it has both a VGA, and DVI input in the back. I've tried looking for a first party Xbox cable, but could not, as most results were based on the Xbox 360 platform. It's under my assumption that DVI provides better quality than VGA (I've never seen the difference, nor have I even used DVI in my life). So does such a cable exist? If so, where might I find one?

I'm pretty sure there were at one point VGA converter boxes for the Xbox, but they were hard to find last I checked. I don't see any on ebay right now. I don't know about DVI cables.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I'm pretty sure there were at one point VGA converter boxes for the Xbox, but they were hard to find last I checked. I don't see any on ebay right now. I don't know about DVI cables.[/quote]

So, with that said, how can I play my Xbox then? My computer monitor is my only option.

You need a VGA transcoder. The X2VGA is the best one I remember that is still being made, but something better may have come along in the last 5 years. I believe VGA Transcoder Xbox is the relevant Google search.

Personally, I used a Vdigi VD-Z3, which isn't made anymore.

bread's done
Back