The World Ends with You $14.99 at Fry's

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
fidodido posts the Fry's ad every week, so make sure if anyone is going to thank anyone, it would be him.

but on another note, I just think this deserves its own thread.

$14.99
The World Ends With You

original Fry's post,

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223876

*update* I went down to my Fry's since I wanted to pick up a sealed copy for my collection and it rung up as $19.99 still, but the manager was nice enough to match it for me for $14.99. YMMV on that price matching though. Should this be in regional deals instead then? If so if a moderator could kindly move this to there, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lawdood']Hmmm, this wasn't listed in the Sacramento ad today.[/quote]

some frys ads vary from other stores, and may not list the same items on sale, but there is a pretty good chance it is on sale there, just not in the ad. the frys by me does that all the time. they are a smaller frys, so they dont list items from the San Jose store, but when I go in and check for the sale, its still marked where the sale item is, just not in the ad

Damnit it says LA and WA only.

I'll check the Plano location and hope for the best.

Thanks Fido! Also thanks to Squarehard, this is just the problem with threads for Ads instead of threads for deals. I've voiced my displeasure with threads calling out great deals getting merged with conglomerate weekly ad threads but I think I'm in the minority

Not on sale for $14.99 in Sacramento...HOWEVER it is now regularly priced at $19.99 there. I picked it up anyway figuring that with their low price guarantee I should be safe in case it does go on sale here soon.

Also of note, Edward Scissorhands Blu-Ray is on sale for $9.99 and at least the ones at my Fry's, came with a movie cash code good for a free ticket to Wolverine, Night at the Museum 2 or the latest Ice Age...so basically a free BD after you use the ticket.

but at least the good news is it is $19.99 now, and Im sure once theyre gone, its pretty much gone. most retail stores dont really even carry World Ends With You anymore, cept for like Gamestops.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Okay. Will chime in with the Manhattan Beach Fry's in a while.[/quote]

good luck. i normally never get such great service at Fry's, so I was surprised too when the manager said shed match it, lol.

[quote name='sinned47']i just called m. beach and they have it for 14.99[/QUOTE]

Well you better call again because I got a copy, from the backroom stock no less. They were nice about it.

I also peeked at their computer. I think the M. Beach Fry's only has 3 more in stock right now.

Also, anyone looking for Pokemon Platinum over there may want to call ahead as well. I only saw one copy on the shelf but my friend is going there right now.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Well you better call again because I got a copy, from the backroom stock no less. They were nice about it.

I also peeked at their computer. I think the M. Beach Fry's only has 3 more in stock right now.

Also, anyone looking for Pokemon Platinum over there may want to call ahead as well. I only saw one copy on the shelf but my friend is going there right now.[/quote]

Well at least its confirmed. Nice.

[quote name='spuffin']Damnit it says LA and WA only.

Thanks Fido! Also thanks to Squarehard, this is just the problem with threads for Ads instead of threads for deals. I've voiced my displeasure with threads calling out great deals getting merged with conglomerate weekly ad threads but I think I'm in the minority[/QUOTE]

Definitely in the minority.

We don't want CAG to turn into the clusterfuck that SD and FW are with reposts and threads about threads all over the place

[quote name='nikkai']Definitely in the minority.

We don't want CAG to turn into the clusterfuck that SD and FW are with reposts and threads about threads all over the place[/quote]

Yeah but at FW and SD its different cause most of the people there only do it because they are attention whores. most of CAG more or less do it since they have had good deals and actually wanted to share with people. but thats mainly just how i feel about stuff like this. sometimes people just want to get to the best stuff out of ads and filter out the stuff they dont really care for.

[quote name='spuffin']Damnit it says LA and WA only.

Thanks Fido! Also thanks to Squarehard, this is just the problem with threads for Ads instead of threads for deals. I've voiced my displeasure with threads calling out great deals getting merged with conglomerate weekly ad threads but I think I'm in the minority[/QUOTE]

I also kinda like when an extra good deal gets its own thread. I usually don't pay much attention to weekly posts since everything seems to be MSRP at B&M stores these days. You are not alone.

City of Industry, CA has 7 copies left @ $14.99. Nothing was on the floor when I got there, so an employee who pulled them from storage and put them out with a sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scottman']If this is a true price drop to $19.99, I'll wait for amazon to drop. Save tax and gas.[/quote]

but this thread isnt really about a price drop to $19.99, its for a sale price of $14.99, which unless you live like 50 miles away from a Fry's is probably still cheaper than buying from Amazon even if and when Amazon does drop it to $19.99. And like I said, unless you live like 50 miles away from a Fry's, with the gas it will still be cheaper.

Anaheim, CA had about 5-6 left. They're on the bottom shelf near the middle of the DS games. Kind of a pain to find at first...

They also had like 15 copies of Pokemon Platinum if anyone cares.

bread's done
Back