Cagcast has gone to fortnightly

raistlin

CAGiversary!
When did this happen? I thought at first there were just things going on IRL causing either Cheapy or Wombat to not be able to make it every week.

But, for quite a while Cheapy has been talking about wanting to leave the show and retire. Along with that, over the last 3 months inevitably every other week these guys claim to have something happen that prevents them from doing a show!

It's a conspiracy I tell you! These guys are slowly but surely weaning off the fans until eventually they can quit doing the show. :bomb:

Nawww...just kidding... :lol: I wonder what's really going on....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheet, if Wombat is old what does that make me?! I turn 30 this year buster. :p
Errr...wait don't answer that! lol

[quote name='raistlin']Sheet, if Wombat is old what does that make me?! I turn 30 this year buster. :p
Errr...wait don't answer that! lol[/quote]

You better write out your will. :D

I wish the CAGcast was every week but they got kids and stuff so I understand. At least the shows have been getting longer and longer. Since the CAGcast doesn't come out on a regular basis anymore, I tried listening to Giant Bomb about a month ago to see what all the hype was about to fill the gap. For about 30 minutes all those dorks talked about was chewing gum. Boring ass show. I can't get into other video game podcasts. They're either way too nerdy or have terrible sound quality.

[quote name='chakan']You try having kids and putting out a show every week. We get what we get, and I for one am damn grateful.[/quote]

Personally, to say I'm "damn grateful" would be lying/exaggerating. But I do enjoy the show. After doing this for so long, I'm sure cheapy/wombat have gotten burned out a bit as well which plays a part.

[quote name='Blackout']You better write out your will. :D

I wish the CAGcast was every week but they got kids and stuff so I understand. At least the shows have been getting longer and longer. Since the CAGcast doesn't come out on a regular basis anymore, I tried listening to Giant Bomb about a month ago to see what all the hype was about to fill the gap. For about 30 minutes all those dorks talked about was chewing gum. Boring ass show. I can't get into other video game podcasts. They're either way too nerdy or have terrible sound quality.[/quote]

Pssshh..ya gotta have something worth giving away to bother with a will! :lol:

The only other podcast I listen to is TWIT, but frankly it sucks most of the time. Unfortunately I think it's just a matter of time before this show goes under. Cheapy is pushing 40 for God sakes! Nobody can expect the guy to do a show like this with any dignity at that age. He's even hinted at that fact. And of course their kids will begin playing a larger part in both of their lives which means less time for anything else.

Anyhow, I was just bored when I decided to start this thread. Glad you could be a part of it. :cool:

That was hilarious. 0:07-0:12 is so funny/mean.

I don't see the problem with them not getting a show out every week. I love the show and its easily my favourite podcast but they lives and other shit to do.

I don't get the complaints. I suppose its a good thing because the complaints show they are missed by the CAGs, but why complain?

[quote name='infamyRISE']Bi-weekly would be twice a week.

I think you mean bi-monthly.[/quote]

Technically bi-monthly could mean twice a month or every two months. So to be more specific I'll go with fortnightly. :)

[quote name='raistlin']Technically bi-monthly could mean twice a month or every two months. So to be more specific I'll go with fortnightly. :)[/QUOTE]

So it seems! Apologies...now that I think about it, it IS an awkward phrasing.

Fortnightly is definitely the best! :)

Hey everybody needs to calm down about the CAGCast. Having kids, really babies, is a full-time thing and it's amazing they've been as regular with shows as they have. At least they get 2-3 episodes out per month; CAG Foreplay is doing about 1 a month now. Hopefully they have the last 2 weeks of May set aside as those have a ton of games coming out.

I will also conveniently take this opportunity to promote my own podcast, which comes out every week usually without fail as neither host has kids or a wife. :) Soon to catchup with CAG Foreplay, Checkmate Arcade will be putting out episode 54 later this week. 2 hours of game discussion and news commentary each and every week.

Hmm..this thread was intended to be a light-hearted joke. I wonder what would happen if I actually did complain. LoL Ah well I guess it gives people an excuse to post and advertise their own pod casts. :roll:

Hope to see you (Cheapy/Wombat) next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bummer the shows seem to be a lot less frequent lately. I guess Cheapy really wants me to listen to other podcasts. Giant Bombcast is now my new #1.

you know, this was my favorite podcast, but now I think giantbomb is winning my heart. So, sorry Cheapy you have 1 more less listener.

this is exactly what i said like 2 months ago. every week they delay it to wednesdays or thursday or delay it altogether till the next week.

No complaints here, I myself have a family which makes it hard just to find time to LISTEN to the CAGCast, so I can only imagine how hard it is to MAKE them.

For a better quality show I'm willing to wait, plus the fact that this is the low season for us gamers, at least until E3 arrives.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Fortnightly is much better than not at all.

Hope the next one arrives soon.[/QUOTE]

It's out today at somepoint.

Well, E*Master and I started pur podcast as kind of a withdrawal podcast for the weeks where there is no CAGcast. Hope you remember us the next time they take a week off... or even when they don't.

just watch, next week the cag cast will either be posted a day or two late (on wed-thurs night) or not show up till the next week altogether.

Eh well I can fill in for Wombat and or Cheapy when they can't make it. It seems like they can't really rely on Shipwreck for that job. Cheapy, you just need to get in touch with me so we can work out the details. You've got my email obviously haha. :lol:

[quote name='kart007k']you know, this was my favorite podcast, but now I think giantbomb is winning my heart. So, sorry Cheapy you have 1 more less listener.[/QUOTE]

Really? I listened to three episodes before I unsubscribed and deleted it. It was a boring piece of shit. GWJ, now that's a good podcast.

Cheapy is probably busy entertaining offers for the site.;) Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Cheapy sells the site within the next 12 months max. I'm calling it.

[quote name='raistlin']It should be interesting to hear why they couldn't do a show again this week.[/QUOTE]

Cheapy has been sick all week, no voice, no show. I am sure he posted that somewhere.

[quote name='Wombat']Cheapy has been sick all week, no voice, no show. I am sure he posted that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

What?! And you didn't take me up on my offer to fill in for Cheapy while he's sick? :bs: :rofl:Dang I wonder if that means he'll magically get better in time for E3? Hmmmm....I guess we'll have to wait and see. :whee:

You know I just give you guys a hard time because I love the show right?! I'm the one that actually had formatted questions that time during a live show and Cheapy wanted to know if I was from the press. LoL Anyway, hope you get well soon Cheapy.

I don't know why there is all this complaining about the Cagcast not being on a regular time schedule... Cheapy and Wombat have real lives they have to deal with, so get over it. I'm still down with the Cagcast and Cheapassgamer.com no matter when they put a podcast out. So until we as a community start paying for them to do a podcast, we never have any place to post threads like this. Much love to the cagcast and looking forward to the next show, and get well soon Cheapy!

[quote name='Wombat']Cheapy has been sick all week, no voice, no show. I am sure he posted that somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Should have called him and taped the conversation....;)

Hmm...on 5/30 Wombat said Cheapy didn't have a voice then either. This day care that Tai goes to must be taking a toll on both of them. (colds etc tend to get passed around frequently at day cares)

Here's hoping for a cagcast next week. Get well Cheapy.

....On the other hand this could all lead back to my conspiracy theory. :bouncy::rofl:

bread's done
Back