Photo
- - - - -

GS Trade-in Value: 20% towards new, PS3 Slim Trade-Up, $20 PS3/360/Wii system bonus.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2632 replies to this topic

#31 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:51 AM

hmmm need to update with some trades I did on saturday.

#32 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

I'm also tempted to get a Wii, but I'm also a bit turned off by the fact that there really isn't anything I want for it. Mostly, I just to want to play the Resident Evil games. I'm fairly certain after I beat those, the system would collect dust.

#33 torifile

torifile

CAGiversary?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:06 AM

Any good flipping items out there?

#34 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:26 AM

I'm also tempted to get a Wii, but I'm also a bit turned off by the fact that there really isn't anything I want for it. Mostly, I just to want to play the Resident Evil games. I'm fairly certain after I beat those, the system would collect dust.

Well my Gamecube died recently so that helped my decision, and there are about 10 games that I want to play and a few more that are coming out that I'm interested in.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#35 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:11 AM

Its funny that Shivering Isles trades in for more than Oblivion GOTY.

::goes to find a few games to trade in with Biker Mice from Mars DS::
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:13 AM

Any good flipping items out there?

Leftover copies of Pure from the Best Buy sale?

I don't think there are any good flips from Target clearance and Sears & Kmart only have old games on clearance.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#37 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

I've never been big on flipping, but back when this was 2/$10, if I was going to the mall, I would check out to see what stuff Sears had. When you can get those $2 or $3 clearance games, you can make a decent amount. Don't really follow the Sears clearance thread, anymore, so I don't know if there is anything worth checking for. But damn, I remember getting $2 copies of Live Arcade Unplugged, selling the 1 month card for $4, and then getting like $8 after bonuses form GameStop.

#38 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:05 AM

I traded in NBA 09: The Inside today. 3 hours after I bought it from Best Buy. The game flat out sucks.

NBA 09: The Inside - PS3 - $14.00 (Sold at Best Buy this week for $10)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#39 xdl

xdl

Fast and Bulbous!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:24 AM

Ended up doing the Wii trade but did Trade 3 get $10 on some other games first, and got an EDGE card that pretty much paid for itself. I asked the guy if I could do two different trade transactions. He said sure but the computer would give me the best one. Well after I did the split trade, he looked at my first one and went, huh, good thing you did that the way you did. You got more money that way. REALLY?! He then asked how I knew to do it that way and I just said I knew some employees that looked up trade values for me. It was pretty funny.

Trade 3 Get $10 Trade
Burnout Revenge - 5
Crackdown - 4
Dead or Alive 4 - 5
Guitar hero 2 - 3
Guitar hero 3 - 3
Guitar Hero Aeromsmith - 2.50
Oblivion: Shivering Isles Expansion - 8
Soul Calibur IV - 10
Star Trek Legacy - 5

30% towards Wii trade
Grand Theft Auto IV - 14
Guitar Hero World Tour - 16
Star Wars The Force Unleashed - 15

256MB Memory Card - 12 (Guy was very surprised by that value)
Chatpad - 7.25
Play and Charge Kit - 6
Rechargable Battery - 3.25
Wireless Controller - 20
Wireless Controller - 20

PS2
DualShock 2 Controller - 4
Multi-tap - 1.25

All said and done I got an EDGE card and a Wii for 19.92 after all the trades and stuff. Not bad if I do say so myself. I was pleased with the outcome. The Wii coupon is my next stop.

Well done. Personally I hate my Wii, but it's nice to see someone use the promos correctly... and be able to do their own dirty work and math.

This promotion is actually great for DS games and anything in general that gets between $1.25-$11 TIV. I am just so used to working on the percentage bonus, since its been running for the last five months or so. Need to really do my homework for flips on this one.

#40 wissy

wissy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:57 AM

Yea this seems like a good time for me to drop a lot of the PSP games that I really do not plan on playing again. It is really a good deal considering most games I plan on trading will barely add up to $10 for three so this is doubling the value as long as I can trade them all in and hopefully pick up Street Fighter IV used.

#41 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:24 AM

I have 9 psp games and a ds game that were sitting around for a while waiting for a deal like this. Thanks for the heads up.

#42 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:33 AM

May 10 in Fenton, MO:
Street Fighter IV 360- $25 (up $1 from OP)

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#43 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:37 AM

Ended up doing the Wii trade but did Trade 3 get $10 on some other games first, and got an EDGE card that pretty much paid for itself. I asked the guy if I could do two different trade transactions. He said sure but the computer would give me the best one. Well after I did the split trade, he looked at my first one and went, huh, good thing you did that the way you did. You got more money that way. REALLY?! He then asked how I knew to do it that way and I just said I knew some employees that looked up trade values for me. It was pretty funny.

Trade 3 Get $10 Trade
Burnout Revenge - 5
Crackdown - 4
Dead or Alive 4 - 5
Guitar hero 2 - 3
Guitar hero 3 - 3
Soul Calibur IV - 10
Star Trek Legacy - 5

30% towards Wii trade
Grand Theft Auto IV - 14

Chatpad - 7.25
Play and Charge Kit - 6
Wireless Controller - 20
Wireless Controller - 20

PS2
Multi-tap - 1.25

All said and done I got an EDGE card and a Wii for 19.92 after all the trades and stuff. Not bad if I do say so myself. I was pleased with the outcome. The Wii coupon is my next stop.

This is the only way I would ever get a Wii, but I don't know if I could part with enough games to do this with.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#44 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

Well done. Personally I hate my Wii, but it's nice to see someone use the promos correctly... and be able to do their own dirty work and math.

This promotion is actually great for DS games and anything in general that gets between $1.25-$11 TIV. I am just so used to working on the percentage bonus, since its been running for the last five months or so. Need to really do my homework for flips on this one.

Yeah, I have a feeling that the newness factor will wear off quickly. There are about 10-20 games that I absolutely want and the somewhat good news is that I have 5 Wavebirds and a bunch of Gamecube games and since my Gamecube died it will get lots of use.

This is the only way I would ever get a Wii, but I don't know if I could part with enough games to do this with.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get rid of all that, but the only game I really wanted to keep that I parted with was Crackdown and the 2 wireless controllers. However, everytime people come over they either play Rock Band, the GameCube, or the Original Xbox. So don't need 4 controllers for Rock Band.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 May 2009 - 04:38 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#45 eddie291

eddie291

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

Anyone here own a DSi? I've been thinking about upgrading to it, and this new trade in deals they have makes it really tempting. The only thing that's really stopping me is the lack of a GBA slot.
Posted Image

#46 lunker

lunker

Posted 12 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Anyone here own a DSi? I've been thinking about upgrading to it, and this new trade in deals they have makes it really tempting. The only thing that's really stopping me is the lack of a GBA slot.

Unless there's stuff on the DSiWare store you think is cool and/or you're willing to gamble on there being cool DSiWare stuff, I'd hold off for the time being. I only upgraded because my DSL has a giant hinge crack, and while I like it (and Aquia and Dr. Mario being on DSiWare has already turned me into a fan of the platform), it's not a critical upgrade by any means. For reference, though, Nintendo has announced there will be DSi-enhanced DS games coming down the pipeline, where you can play them on DS Lites and DSis but there will be special things only the DSi can access.

#47 wissy

wissy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

I just got back from GS and traded in a lot of old games but it seems that at my store it was a minimum of $2 for the game to meet the deal, but still not bad considering I got rid of clutter and got some new games.

Does the trade in list get updated by users? If so I have a lot of values for PSP games.

#48 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

Does the trade in list get updated by users? If so I have a lot of values for PSP games.

JP does it. You'll see him post periodically to note that the OP was updated with the values posted here.

#49 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:43 PM

Yeah, the last update was when this new thread was created. I still need to add in my own values from yesterday. Work sometimes get in the way of my updating habits.

all-banner.jpg

#50 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

And this is why we all need to quite our jobs and dedicate more time to CAG...duh...

#51 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

MLB Front Office Manager - $9 (5/1/09)

they gave me $8 for it on 05/09/09
DAMN..... who would of thought that being a CAG would be so expensive?:-k

http://fp.profiles.u...sn/pid/ShiRoh30

#52 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

MLB Front Office Manager - $9 (5/1/09)

they gave me $8 for it on 05/09/09

That still not so bad, I'm about to trade my back in too. It was awful, I tried really harrd to like the game. I picked it up for 17 bucks thinking how bad can it be...... Boy did I get screwed. getting 13 back for it won't be so bad now that I think of it.

#53 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:09 PM

I'm a little irritated now. I didn't take my PSP and 8GB card into GameStop for the Wii trade because I had someone contact me over Craigslist. They back out today. I could have kept both of my wireless controllers and a couple games by trading those in. Bastards.

all-banner.jpg

#54 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

Trade 3 Get $10 Trade
Burnout Revenge - 5
Crackdown - 4
Dead or Alive 4 - 5
Guitar hero 2 - 3
Guitar hero 3 - 3
Soul Calibur IV - 10
Star Trek Legacy - 5

30% towards Wii trade
Grand Theft Auto IV - 14

Chatpad - 7.25
Play and Charge Kit - 6
Wireless Controller - 20
Wireless Controller - 20

PS2
Multi-tap - 1.25

Was it 30% plus 10% from your edge card on the games
DAMN..... who would of thought that being a CAG would be so expensive?:-k

http://fp.profiles.u...sn/pid/ShiRoh30

#55 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

Just the 3 games listed under the 30% trade. I think it's anything under $11 or under should go to the Trade 3 get $10 because that promo gets you an extra $3.34 on those games.

all-banner.jpg

#56 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

Just the 3 games listed under the 30% trade. I think it's anything under $11 or under should go to the Trade 3 get $10 because that promo gets you an extra $3.34 on those games.

If you have an edge card, I'd say anything less than $9 base TIV, right? Since you'd get $3.60 with the 40% boost.

And jp, thanks for posting this. I totally missed the 30% "on anything" bonus for the Wii. I can't remember the last time they gave a promo bonus for hardware/accessories trades. It seemed like not so long ago you couldn't find a Wii and now they're offering this great incentive to buy one.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#57 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

Well an $11 game would get you $4.40 with EDGE and 30% trade-in. The same game with Trade 3 get $10 and EDGE would get you $4.44. So the $11 game is right on the line I guess.

all-banner.jpg

#58 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

Well an $11 game would get you $4.40 with EDGE and 30% trade-in. The same game with Trade 3 get $10 and EDGE would get you $4.44. So the $11 game is right on the line I guess.

You're right. I wasn't adding EDGE to the 3 +$10 deal. Duh. :dunce:
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#59 metsfanj

metsfanj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

quick question i have never bought or traded anything at gamestop or eb games. I have COD:WAW(360) Twilight Princess(Wii) Mario&sonic Olympics(Wii) now that list tells me i can get $34 for the 2 wii games and $22 for the 360 game if i trade it in plus $10? and do i have to be an edge member? also does the edge membership cost anything? i read on gamestop.com that you must be a game informer mag subcriber. Thanks in advance and sorry for posting this in the topic. like i said before i have never traded anything in eb or bought at their stores. sorry if i sound like a noob.

#60 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

quick question i have never bought or traded anything at gamestop or eb games. I have COD:WAW(360) Twilight Princess(Wii) Mario&sonic Olympics(Wii) now that list tells me i can get $34 for the 2 wii games and $22 for the 360 game if i trade it in plus $10? and do i have to be an edge member? also does the edge membership cost anything? i read on gamestop.com that you must be a game informer mag subcriber. Thanks in advance and sorry for posting this in the topic. like i said before i have never traded anything in eb or bought at their stores. sorry if i sound like a noob.

You don't have to have an Edge card to trade things in. But you get a 10% bonus on trades (and used game/accessory purchases) if you do have Edge.

The typical membership costs $15 for a year and comes with the Game Informer subscription. I believe there's still a thread on CAG for a way to just get the card for a couple dollars (I haven't done it and am not sure that's still active).