Photo
- - - - -

GS Trade-in Value: 20% towards new, PS3 Slim Trade-Up, $20 PS3/360/Wii system bonus.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2632 replies to this topic

#61 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

quick question i have never bought or traded anything at gamestop or eb games. I have COD:WAW(360) Twilight Princess(Wii) Mario&sonic Olympics(Wii) now that list tells me i can get $34 for the 2 wii games and $22 for the 360 game if i trade it in plus $10? and do i have to be an edge member? also does the edge membership cost anything? i read on gamestop.com that you must be a game informer mag subcriber. Thanks in advance and sorry for posting this in the topic. like i said before i have never traded anything in eb or bought at their stores. sorry if i sound like a noob.

One other important thing is to double-check the dates next to the items. The closer they are to todays date the more likely they are to hold their value. This list is more of guide because GameStop updates prices daily.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#62 metsfanj

metsfanj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

thanks man. gonna go to my local gs to see what i get. ill post back if i decide to trade them in. cheers

#63 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

Here's an addition I just got from phone quote

(360) X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 20

#64 Oreoleo

Oreoleo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Does it have to be 3 360 games, 3 Wii games etc to get the promotion? Or could I trade in 1 360 game, 1 Wii and 1 DS game?

#65 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:51 PM

Does it have to be 3 360 games, 3 Wii games etc to get the promotion? Or could I trade in 1 360 game, 1 Wii and 1 DS game?

you can mix systems that are part of the promo, so the above will be fine.

#66 Oreoleo

Oreoleo

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

you can mix systems that are part of the promo, so the above will be fine.

#67 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

That still not so bad, I'm about to trade my back in too. It was awful, I tried really harrd to like the game. I picked it up for 17 bucks thinking how bad can it be...... Boy did I get screwed. getting 13 back for it won't be so bad now that I think of it.

How are you going to get $13? I only got $11.20 with 40%??? I paid $9.98 for it though at target, i needed as filler to have 5 games for the tiered trade
DAMN..... who would of thought that being a CAG would be so expensive?:-k

http://fp.profiles.u...sn/pid/ShiRoh30

#68 Denbo32

Denbo32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:29 PM

How are you going to get $13? I only got $11.20 with 40%??? I paid $9.98 for it though at target, i needed as filler to have 5 games for the tiered trade

Gah I fail at math, I did it off the 9 dollar base not 8.

but it should be 8.00(base) + .80(edge) + 3.33(bonus for 3 games) which comes out to 12.13

#69 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

30% towards Movie Thematic titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameStop.com
Trade any games towards the reservation or puchase of any Movie Thematic title.

Expires: 5/31/2009. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of select titles. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.

THOSE BASTARDS!!!! why?:

:bomb:=
Spoiler

I guess it's all good now, hopefully the values don't drop drastically or anything before I can make it in there

#70 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:40 PM

Hmmm, that doesn't even sound right. Why would it matter when the game is getting released? Anyway, you could always just do your trade-in towards another movie tie-in pre-order, like Ghostbusters. Then, a week or so before that comes out, go there and tell them you want to cancel that pre-order and move the credit over to Batman.

#71 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

That still not so bad, I'm about to trade my back in too. It was awful, I tried really harrd to like the game. I picked it up for 17 bucks thinking how bad can it be...... Boy did I get screwed. getting 13 back for it won't be so bad now that I think of it.

Hmmm, that doesn't even sound right. Why would it matter when the game is getting released? Anyway, you could always just do your trade-in towards another movie tie-in pre-order, like Ghostbusters. Then, a week or so before that comes out, go there and tell them you want to cancel that pre-order and move the credit over to Batman.

Someone suggested even that just cancel the preorder later, but the kid at Gamestop wouldn't even let me do it, then I asked about other trade deals and he says they don't have any right now and I asked him what about this sign for 20% extra towards Punch-out and Donkey 1 looks through a binder and then asks Donkey 2 something and shakes his head and say's "nope we ain't got nothing like that right now". I said forget it an left because I really had the urge to back hand that donkey and I had just traded in about $100 at another GS and would really like to be able to spend it. As I was leaving he says "wait, what, you changed your mind? you don't want to trade those games anymore?".

#72 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Also, just reading the part were it says:

Expires: 5/31/2009. Full trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of select titles. Trades .

AND:

Cannot be combined with any other offer.

I'd hate to get some A-hole that will not let me transfer it. I don't know how their systems work as far as if it shows that your reservation was part of a certain promotion or not

#73 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

It's not up to them. You're allowed to cancel pre-orders and either move the credit to another pre-order or get your credit on a giftcard. They frown upon it and will sometimes actually scorn you, but that doesn't change a thing. If an employee tries to say you can't, ask to see the manager. If the manager isn't there, or they are not helpful, ask for the number of the district manager.

#74 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:36 PM

It's not up to them. You're allowed to cancel pre-orders and either move the credit to another pre-order or get your credit on a giftcard. They frown upon it and will sometimes actually scorn you, but that doesn't change a thing. If an employee tries to say you can't, ask to see the manager. If the manager isn't there, or they are not helpful, ask for the number of the district manager.

alright cool, thanks for the advice. ususally they're pretty cool at that Gamestop, but this was actually only the second time I ever trade anything there.

#75 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, you shouldn't have an issue. Generally, you should have far more success and less nonsense if you're transferring it to another pre-order. A pre-order is a pre-order. Most employees don't care.

#76 metsfanj

metsfanj

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

went to eb the guy was cool told me if i had an edge card i could have gotten more back. i traded in

COD: Waw (360) for $22.00
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) $16.50
Mario and Sonic: At the Olympics (Wii) $12.00
Plus the $10 for 3 games total of
$60.52

i guess that a good deal i took it and got resi 5.

thanks for the list ont he first post.

EDIT: forgot they gave me a free movie ticket worth up to $10 not bad i guess :applause:

#77 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

I'm actually surprised at how high the trade-in value of some games are. Think I'll play through my $12.49 Target Clearance copy of Sonic Unleashed quick and trade it, Bioshock, and some other game in for $34+third game's value of credit. Does the trade-in stack with the 10% bonus from an Edge card? It's been forever since I've traded anything in at Gamestop (or had an Edge card, for that matter).

#78 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

I'm actually surprised at how high the trade-in value of some games are. Think I'll play through my $12.49 Target Clearance copy of Sonic Unleashed quick and trade it, Bioshock, and some other game in for $34+third game's value of credit. Does the trade-in stack with the 10% bonus from an Edge card? It's been forever since I've traded anything in at Gamestop (or had an Edge card, for that matter).

#79 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:19 AM

Just an update; when I went to trade in games today I found out that RE5 (360) has a $25 TIV now, no longer is it $30 - I was banking on that $42 trade in bonus using the movie/game trade bonus and edge.

#80 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:54 AM

Gamestop recently raised the used price of X-men: The Official Game for the 360 to $12.99 (I have no idea why...) Someone really ought to check if the TIV might have been raised too (last I heard, it was getting $1 when it was still being sold used for $9.99.) So there's a small chance of a minor bump in TIV to make it eligible.

#81 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:19 AM

Damnit. Just traded in like 4-5 games on Saturday?

nihilence.png

#82 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:31 AM

Does gamestop take in faulty 360's for trade? Seems like I heard them say they did at a slight reduction. If so, do we know how much the value is?

Hell, I've only seen them test one console in my life.

#83 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:42 AM

Figures this would happen a couple weeks 'after; the Best Buy $10 blowout.

:/

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#84 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

:ds:
Biker Mice From Mars $1.50
Princess Natasha $0.85

:360:
Thrillville Off the Rails $6
Virtua Fighter 5 Online $5
Posted ImagePosted Image

#85 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:32 AM

Just noticed this was a new thread and the new promotions. Thanks for the post..

I FINALLY got around to beating RE5 yesterday so i'll probably trade that in torwards the UFC game to get the bonus 20% and a tiv of $39. Will wait to pick it up or just keep it sealed and see how addicted I get to the Gamefly copy I was planning on receiving.. I'm kinda on the fence about buying it even though I enjoyed the demo.

Anyone know which movie games get 30%? You can just order those and then move that preorder to something else later on... That would be 30%+ Edge 10% or $3 more on a $30 game like RE. Just thinking of ways to boost trade values.

I've got 3 more cheapo/dust collector games laying around that weren't worth Ebaying and looks like they will bring about $10 before the bonus $10. However I work it looks like i'll have a new release paid off. :D

#86 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

Hell, I've only seen them test one console in my life.

I spoke with my local Gamestop and they said they would only give $40 for a faulty Xbox.

#87 autche

autche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:29 AM

Just noticed this was a new thread and the new promotions. Thanks for the post..

I FINALLY got around to beating RE5 yesterday so i'll probably trade that in torwards the UFC game to get the bonus 20% and a tiv of $39.

I am unsure if you have a 360 or PS3 version of RE5, but the 360 version nets $25 base TIV now - I checked yesterday (in store/scanned).

#88 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Xbox 360-Madden 09 CE was $14 on 05/09/09
-Xblades $15 05/09/09
PS3- SR2 was still $16 on 05/09/09
PSP- Spider Man: Web of Shadows was $8.75 on 05/09/09

Edited by Shiroh30, 13 May 2009 - 03:03 PM.

#89 Shiroh30

Shiroh30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

NOOB ?

What is this?

NOTE: GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfactor4 Posted Image
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:xbox:=950xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx