XBL Deal of the Week : Brain Challenge - 400 points

400 points is a nice savings, but the reviews just aren't that great on it. Good to see the deals coming again though.

I didn't even know this game existed. They probably realized it wasn't profitable enough to have decent deals on popular games do they are done with that.

I've played it on an iPod. It's not bad, but like any other "brain" game, it gets repetitive. Also, for comparison, not quite the same quirkiness as Brain Age or Big Brain Academy.

Bought this back when it was on sale at christmas , though I can't remember if it was the same price then or not. It's a decent alternative to Brain Age , if you either don't have a DS or have already played the mess of out it. Some of the mini games are actually pretty fun , and most of them actually come off as games and not work.

If you like the brain age games , I'd say this is a decent pickup for $5.

I own this one. Got it back during the Christmas sale as well.

It's very much worth it if you're into any sort of brain challenge type games. It has some multiplayer and the challenges themselves are varied enough, unlike Brain Age. It gets harder as you progress. I've yet to unlock everything myself.

I highly recommend it for 400 and if you're in to this sort of thing.

[quote name='juggernot91']I didn't even know this game existed. They probably realized it wasn't profitable enough to have decent deals on popular games do they are done with that.[/quote]

It's more likely that they're incompetent at properly running these sales. Valve has shown that this model works when you have something worth selling. MS has shown that running sales on overpriced crap nobody wanted to buy in the first place is a bad business plan.

[quote name='heybtbm']Wake me up when the "Deal of the Week" is worth paying attention to.[/quote]
but then you would be sleeping forever...

I own the full game. I actually paid $10.00 for it, just because it was something my girlfriend and I could play together. It's not great by any means, but definitely worth $5. Of course most things are worth it at only $5. :)

I've been wanting this gme for quite sometie but didn't want to bite at the $10 (800 MS point) price point. I'll probably pick thi up tonight. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Shady3011']Wish it was Peggle.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but if Peggle isn't worth picking up at 800 points, then nothing is. Besides so far every XBLA DOTW has been a very old game that isn't selling at all. Peggle doesn't fit that description.

Peggle is very much worth 800 points. I've gotten more gameplay out of this second to castle crasher than any other xbla game.
I hope bugz shows up as a discount. I've been wanting to get it for awhile.
I went ahead and purchased this on xbox.com and will play it when I get home.

It's Brain Age Lite. It's alright, but I'd say barely worth the $5 (it's worth it, if you like these kinds of games, but not worth anymore).

After thinking about this most of the day, I finally decided to download it... if anyone is interested in trading the online achievements, shoot me a friend request and mention this game.

[quote name='sinned47']these weekly deals are getting lamer and lamer. i just have 2000 ms points sitting on my account.[/quote]

Well they already have your money then and they have no need to give you a deal on the xbl stuff.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Bought this back when it was on sale at christmas , though I can't remember if it was the same price then or not. It's a decent alternative to Brain Age , if you either don't have a DS or have already played the mess of out it. Some of the mini games are actually pretty fun , and most of them actually come off as games and not work.

If you like the brain age games , I'd say this is a decent pickup for $5.[/QUOTE]

It was 400 points back then as well. It's worth it.

[quote name='Decker']I'm sorry, but if Peggle isn't worth picking up at 800 points, then nothing is. Besides so far every XBLA DOTW has been a very old game that isn't selling at all. Peggle doesn't fit that description.[/quote]

I'm cheap. What do you want from me? It has nothing to do with merit, just my frugality.

[quote name='freshzen']Get Popcap Arcade Vol. 2 :)[/quote]

Thanks for reminding me. I'll wait for a price drop. ;)

[quote name='MrNEWZ']It was 400 points back then as well. It's worth it.[/quote]

Meh, they were all 500, but close enough.

I'm probably going to pick this up since I love Brain Age and Big Brain Academy. I played the demo for this maybe a week or two ago out of curiosity and actually really liked a lot of the mini-games, so it can't hurt for only 5 bucks.

I wish they'd put something like Roogoo as the deal of the week...seems like the perfect game that's supposedly good, probably didn't sell worth a piss, and would fit the 'casual' market pretty well. Or alternatively, something like Space Giraffe just to give it some damn publicity. Even if that one isn't for everyone, who wouldn't pick it up for 200 points?

[quote name='Megaten'] Or alternatively, something like Space Giraffe just to give it some damn publicity. Even if that one isn't for everyone, who wouldn't pick it up for 200 points?[/QUOTE]

Me. God, I hated that demo.

I played it last night and don't regret buying it. This is my new game to play during commercial breaks or when I have only like 10 minutes to leave for work.

bread's done
Back