CAGcast #159: Claws Go In, Claws Go Out

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Thanks for the heads up on Fallout 3 The Pitt wombat. Played through it in one sitting and I would have felt dumb founded on the "ending" without your warning. So I am interested in hearing about Broken Steel. Maybe one of these expansion won't be all doom and gloom with too much combat.

Good stuff so far! I loved the Superman talk at the beginning of the show. Funny stuff! I can't wait to try out inFamous. It sounds like a lot of fun!

I am so glad you guys are back because listening to the Shipwrecks was like getting a root canal done, and I am a dentist so now I know how my patients feel.

[quote name='fettouhi']well havent heard it yet but this if funny its not up on itunes store[/QUOTE]
You have to subscribe to get it instantly.

Hey, don't poopoo Personal Trainer Cooking, it's actually a pretty decent recipe book with some pretty cool features.

Also Wombat, Asia Business Report is a pretty big deal. Just because it's not aired in America doesn't mean it doesnt have an impact factor. It's aired throughout asia, the pacific (including Australia and NZ) and as Cheapy said the middle east.

Also about Marvel Vs Capcom 2... Cheapy, you won't need to learn new moves, your skills from Street Fighter 4 will carry over.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's sad an awkward that Wombat can't attend E3 again this year. Hopefully he can attend it next year, and maybe PAX in Boston (I think that's where the East Coast one is happening). I wonder why Cheapy just can't have a live stream show(s) from E3? There'd be only 1 feed, no caller lag between Cheapy and Shipwreck, no show to record, and it seems like an ideal situation to try it out at.

I feel for the guy that got his iPod taken away because the talk about Superman towards the beginning on the show almost killed me! I would of been kicked out of class if I was listening to it.
Great show keep it up.

Cheayp, tell your dad if you don't talk about the money you make it might hurt your image as an internet space pimp.

I think Cheapy's laugh was funnier than Wombat's lack of a voice on the recording at the end of the show. Overall a good show once again.

I don't think wombat is lying when he said that people ask him how much money you make.
I always wonder myself how much you make from the website and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I don't think Wombat or anyone is jealous, people are just nosy.

That being said, your father was absolute right about everything else.

[quote name='Clarke']You have to subscribe to get it instantly.[/QUOTE]

nope but its up now. I have the rss feed that tells me when the new podcast is out and then I go to itunes to get it and it was not on the list but its up and its great as always. can't wait for inFAMOUS

cheapy and wombat talk about the xbox 360 motion controllers (the fishing rod and the rifle) as if they're first party. Microsoft isn't making them. They're being done by some other company. It's not Microsoft (and in turn, Sony) that is wasting their time; it's the company that is developing the games and the peripherals.

that said, still listening. just thought i'd post

Haha, I love the epic intro music - sounded like you were introducing the academy awards...

Anyways, Star Trek movie was amazing and Wolverine was terrible. Thanks.

[quote name='SAGExSDX']cheapy and wombat talk about the xbox 360 motion controllers (the fishing rod and the rifle) as if they're first party. Microsoft isn't making them. They're being done by some other company. It's not Microsoft (and in turn, Sony) that is wasting their time; it's the company that is developing the games and the peripherals.

that said, still listening. just thought i'd post[/QUOTE]

It was supposed be more of sarcastic look at how each week someone says that a motion controller is coming for the 360, ala the WSJ this week.

[quote name='Wombat']It was supposed be more of sarcastic look at how each week someone says that a motion controller is coming for the 360, ala the WSJ this week.[/QUOTE]

I see. Actually i think my original comment was more directed at cheapy since he was making all of the "wasting time" comments. so next week's sarcastic look will be on MGS4 for Xbox 360? :lol:

Cheapy & Wombat, check out GI Joe :Resolute, a new animated G.I. Joe saga (it's kind of a movie split up into episodes.) written by warren ellis.

Suffices to say it's freaking great, especially the ninja stuff.

also what episode was it the superman podcast that was mentioned? Sounds awesome.

Let the right one in was pretty great, *spoiler* I didnt get until the end that the old man used to be that kid, and now the kid is taking over that role.

Wombats voice sounded like a combination of a Ghoul in fallout, and the creepy old guy in family guy (in the call)

Some of the comedy bits you guys come up with are hysterical (ie the Lando comments).

I too have yet to see Star Trek & have to agree with Cheapy on his comment on Spock showing too much emotion. It also seems most of the Enterprise Crew are a bit emotional as compared to the straight-laced attitude in the original series.

I'll just have to wait and see I suppose....

Bravo on another great show guys.

Great show, thanks guys! Some observations:

1- Yes, I do like to know about the small things in CheapyD's and Wombat's lives, even financial statements. It's what make this podcast so enjoyable for me;

2- Space Invaders Extreme sound is great, but I was bored with the demo after 10 minutes... so unless you're filthy rich, be careful before buying, try it first :p;

3- Sick Wombat is SICK! Lol, really funny, though I'm sorry for him, glad his feeling fine now, I can't imagine how horrible it must have been;

4- Cheers for Wombat's grandad. Not many people have the guts to get married at their 90's I think. Just hope the family does not crucify the lucky woman! I know it happened with my grandad... ;

5- Just make a show whenever you guys can, the great quality make us take the show for granted, but hey, if you gotta skip a show you gotta skip a show, carry on and try again next week!

Yeah I think the financial stuff is pretty interesting for all the wannabe internet space pimps.

Cheapy's dad got a little mean on wombat. :p

I like to listen to the CAGcast on my PSP, and when I used the direct link on the homepage I got just the intro, but I'm downloading from RSS as we speak. I'll review soon.

[quote name='the_standard']Sick Wombat sounded like eric the midget from the stern show in the early part of the decade.[/QUOTE]

This.

Great show as always, guys.

I have to agree that Star Trek is better than Wolverine. See the movie if you want to know why Spock is all emotional.

Wombat, can you come to PAX in Seattle this year? It's Friday 9/4 to Sunday 9/6. I went last year and it was a lot of fun. Plus, Cheapy will volunteer to pay your airfare, and since you're press, you get in for free. Win-Win!

Cheapy, reading your Dad's private e-mail on air is borderline disrespectful. You own your dad an apology for doing that.

I thought it was great that Cheapy read that e-mail. The only "borderline disrespetful" things I heard were his dad's comments about Wombat. Your dad is worried that you'll seem like a "capitalist?" Newsflash, this is CHEAP ASS gamer. We all love the monies!

One of the things I apprecate most about your podcast is that you don't shy away from personal topics, including your finances! The fact that you're honest to a fault is one of the things that defines your show... don't change that!

On IMAX:
I'm sorry, but I have absolutely no sympathy for people who spent an extra $5 on a movie ticket and were disappointed by the screen size. Sure, the naming convention is deceptive and should be changed, but you would have to be certifiably retarded to think that your local theatre suddenly shoehorned a full IMAX screen into one or more of its rooms--the screen itself is probably 3x larger than the largest wall. Furthermore, I would gladly pay the extra $5 for the IMAX quality projection. IMAX colors are a lot cleaner and the image is much sharper.

Also, Wombat is wrong. Harry Potter was not filmed with IMAX cameras. The Dark Knight marked the "first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras." Harry Potter's "IMAX scene" was all done in post-production.

On Your Dad's Email:
I don't think anyone that listens to the CAGcast still thinks you're a broke gamer, nor do we expect you to be. The site's success allows you to purchase more games and gaming-related items that provide extra content for your show. Besides, what gamer doesn't want to hear about a guy who took his hobby and made it into a career outside of the normal industry channels? Broke Cheapy is dead; long live the Internet space pimp.

Additionally, no one browsing a video game deals site and listening to a video game podcast should be so broke that they are envious of someone with investments. Games are not cheap, particularly with this generation of consoles. If you're too broke to handle listening to someone talk about minor stock investing, perhaps you should be clipping coupons for food rather than trying to save $5 on Call of Duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy, I loved your response to my post about your self-imposed isolation in Japan. You just read another posters comments and made them your own. Way to get that peanut in your head working.

Cheapy, did you watch Let the Right One In on instant watch? I think the version Netflix has is the North American release which changed a lot of the subtitles from the theatrical version, essentially censoring a lot of the dialogue. The distributor said that they're going to release a version without the alterations sometime in the future so you should check it out again when they do.

Cheapy, after hearing you lament the fact that you can't get Steam on the Mac I wanted to suggest that you use the Boot Camp utility of the Mac OSX to install the free trial of Microsoft Windows 7 RC (Release Candidate). The trial lasts for over a year, it costs nothing, and that way you can play all those PC games that aren't available on the Mac.

Wombat, now that you kinda sorta have an iPod touch I really recommend you try out the iVerse Media Digital Comics. Of all the next generation of comics formats like CD-ROMs, Marvel Digital Comics, etc., I think this is the best. When they advertised on iFanboy they put together a list of free issues for people to try. I'd like to hear what you think of them. I highly recommend the Atomic Robo and Dynamo 5 free issues.

bread's done
Back