CAGcast #159: Claws Go In, Claws Go Out

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 The Great BM

The Great BM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:47 PM

In case anyone wants to know about their IMAX Theater before going, you may want to consult this site.

Posted Image

#62 CUBE_jam

CUBE_jam

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:38 PM

Great episode guys. Star Trek.. is AWESOME.
Can't believe you hate Heroes Cheapy. My favourite series of all time.
Anyway Star Trek... some things you won't understand till you see the movie... Like Spock having emotion...

Open to sequel i think!

#63 PhilESkyline

PhilESkyline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:05 PM

Great podcast guys. Really enjoyed it on the train to work.

On a side note Wombat, I said your daughter loves Elmo. Well I do Elmo impersonations pretty good. I also have a Elmo hand puppet, don't ask why lol, and wouldn't mind putting together a video that said "Sabrina, Thank you for the hug, can I have another."

Here's a video I did a few years ago as prove lol. (I was a little under the weather)

http://video.google....830333187330869

#64 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

Listening to the show I was slightly worried when you started talking about Hiroshima etc. I went to Krakow, Poland in early March to visit Auschwitz (I and II-Birkenau) and it was pretty tough. I'm glad you held back and spoke about it on the show decently.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

PSN the-nexus6 | Xbox Live Ken the Wizard
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#65 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:55 AM

Man Wolverine Origins is so much better with one of the costumes, you're not just playing as Hugh Jackman wearing a wife beater.

#66 softcoregamer

softcoregamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:17 PM

I have two comments:

First of all, no disrespect to Cheapy's dad, but I don't think Cheapy needs to be viewed as an "everyman" as much as he needs to be view as a "man of the people." There is a big difference. I don't know if it is the same for other people, but when Cheapy talks about the monetary success that he is experiencing with the website, I get to live vicariously through him, so I appreciate hearing rough details about that type of stuff.

Secondly, this episode Wombat threw out the idea of having Mrs. Wombat comment on a game. I think that is a good idea. In my marriage games are i significant part of our relationship/lives so it would be interesting to hear Cheapy's and Wombat's wifes chime in every now an then.

Keep up the good work.

#67 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:06 PM

Great show as usual.

I agree with the IMAX scam going on. I paid $17.00 for a Star Trek ticket to see it in "IMAX" but was directed to a normal theatre with an "IMAX" logo over the marquee. It did sound pretty good, but not $17.00 good.
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#68 peteyrose

peteyrose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:35 AM

I'm going to do my best to refrain from any Jew money jokes when talking about Cheapy's dad, but I didn't like his letter at all and thought it was quite petty and mean towards Wombat for no good reason. I've been a CAG member since 2003 and have listened to the CAGcast since Day 1. What I've always liked about Cheapy is how open and transparent he is to his audience. No topic is off limits, be it his wife's experimentation with the Rez trancevibrator or business discussions. That openness and honesty is the main attraction behind not just Cheapy, but his entire brand and empire. Please, never change, Cheapy. I almost cheered when you read the letter. It was very patronizing of your dad to think that your fans are dumb enough not to know you're a "capitalist" and making the big bucks.

#69 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:26 AM

I must say I really enjoyed this episode was really funny, hope everything going well for both you.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#70 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:42 AM

If robots could cry, they would sound like Wombat when he's sick. I can understand Cheapy's dad being sensitive about Cheapy discussing finances, (manners Wombat) but owning stock doesn't make you any less of an everyman.

Also, I don't think you should have read the letter.

#71 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

I also have a Elmo hand puppet, don't ask why lol, and wouldn't mind putting together a video that said "Sabrina, Thank you for the hug, can I have another."

Here's a video I did a few years ago as prove lol. (I was a little under the weather)

I've been working on a Cookie Monster impression to deal with the kids of friends and so on, I just need to get a hand puppet to practice with.

As for Sabrina, Wombat, you need to get that on video before she grows out of the behavior. That is just too funny/precious to not keep for the future (and future embarrassment whenever she brings home a guy).

#72 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

lol @ iPhone taxi story. Cheapy, your advice probably won't work anywhere outside the States. only Japanese people are honest enough to return an iPhone to you. i bet most cab drivers will simply say they don't have it.

btw, OMFG at the No Voice Wombat segment. i was dying, HAHAHAHAH~!!! hilarious! XD

Edited by LiK, 19 May 2009 - 06:17 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#73 BloodShotRobot

BloodShotRobot

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:55 AM

The ECA Amazon.com discount that was mentioned in the podcast, but never linked, doesn't seem to be worth it right this second as they are "out of codes".