Disney High School Musical 3: Senior Year Bundle for 360 $9.03 / PS2 $9.60 on Amazon

I think I already know the answer to this (no), but is the dance mat that comes with the 360 version compatible with DDR Universe?

Funny_Pictures_19516.jpg

It's the bundle version. It includes a dance mat. For $10, that's not bad if you were needing another for DDR. (To go along w/ Filbert, this DDR compatible?)

Yeah, terrible deal blah blah Amazon's going downhill blah blah blah, but does anyone know if this PS2 dance mat is compatible with Dance Dance Revolution games?

Well, since no one else is saying it, THANK YOU very much OP!

Just placed my order. Since I have a turbo controller on my 360, this should be a fairly easy 1k. Been waiting for this game to drop forever, thanks again.

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Well, since no one else is saying it, THANK YOU very much OP!

Just placed my order. Since I have a turbo controller on my 360, this should be a fairly easy 1k. Been waiting for this game to drop forever, thanks again.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, thanks OP. For $8.98 (ECA discount), this is a great price. I never plan on it getting near my 360, it will be used as a gift, but less than $9 shipped with Prime... I'm in.

I'm also wondering if the mat is compatible with DDR universe for the 360. Does anyone know for sure? I've been searching the net and haven't found it mentioned anywhere.

[quote name='jthieme']I'm also wondering if the mat is compatible with DDR universe for the 360. Does anyone know for sure? I've been searching the net and haven't found it mentioned anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I strictly bought 2 for this reason so I hope it is compatable! Goozex trade is 800, which is my backup.

Why wouldn't the pads work for DDR? Unless the design of the mats overall is different, there is no reason why you can't play DDR with the HSM mats.

In for one for 360, my wife was complaining about the lack of dance pad options for the 360.

These $10 Disney game deals are good for getting accessories, I bought the $10 PS3 Sing It one a while back just to get the USB Microphone to use with GHWT and RB. Gave the PS3 game disc to a friend who doesn't have a PS3 yet, but already has been buying games for it.

To all of you getting it for an extra DDR mat.. I would laugh so hard if the whole thing has HSM pasted all over it, along with a huge shot of Zac Efron's face.. :lol:

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Why wouldn't the pads work for DDR? Unless the design of the mats overall is different, there is no reason why you can't play DDR with the HSM mats.[/QUOTE]

In looking at the screen shots from the game it doesn't appear to be a standard DDR type game. In reading some reviews it sounds like the Wii version doesn't even use a pad.

I'm ashamed that I'm actually considering it... if only for the extra dance mat (if it works for DDR Universe).

Edit: So I research (sad, I know), and it looks like you could use the DDR Universe Dance Pad. So, it should probably work the other way around too. Here's the link: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/927/927854p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so my research indicated the opposite. From the pics I came up with, the Dance pad looks different, with the circles having odd placement, and yes, with huge freakin faces on it.

Can we get some first hand confirmation from someone that this thing works WELL with DDR?

I might still grab it, as someone has said, 800 pts on the Gooz, but demand is low.

I need Fabulous, that is my simple request. I need a little Fabulous, is that so wrong?

Note to Achievement W****s: A turbo controller will NOT get you all the achievements, since you need to PERFECT every song for one of them and the turbo will register it as being hit early. Plus, playing for 10 hours game time is another meaning time in menus doesn't count), so why would you even do that if you can't stand HSM?

[quote name='GunstarRed']I need Fabulous, that is my simple request. I need a little Fabulous, is that so wrong?

Note to Achievement W****s: A turbo controller will NOT get you all the achievements, since you need to PERFECT every song for one of them and the turbo will register it as being hit early. Plus, playing for 10 hours game time is another meaning time in menus doesn't count), so why would you even do that if you can't stand HSM?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just found that out. But you can still use the regular controller rather than the dance pad, so no big.

And there's nothing wrong with High School Musical in my book, so I'll have no problem with the 10 hour ach.

Nope. The box for the bundled version (for 360 and PS2, at least) shows a standard four-direction dance mat similar to Konami's, so I'd assume that they'd be compatible. Here's hoping, at least.

I picked this up for my daughter (she's 7) and we received it 2 days ago. The dance pad is white, with 4 directional arrows, and the YBXA buttons in the 4 corners. There are NO HSM faces plastered all over it. There is a large guide button, along with two giant back and start buttons. The pad works really well on our carpet, and for 10 bucks (free ship w/ prime), my daughter got a kick out of it. Using the controller for it was easy too.

[quote name='grumpygrunt']I was about to jump for joy and purchase it and ship to my uncles and get him to ship it to me in canada but then I saw this......
http://www.hottestgiftsnow.com/images/HighSchoolDanceMat.jpg
......alas I don't think it's compatible with DDRU games. Sorry to break everyone's bubbles.[/QUOTE]

That's not the mat that comes with the game. The mat looks like a normal DDR mat, but I don't have DDR to check compatibility.

[quote name='shafnitz']Not the DoTD, but it looks like both of these are back to these prices.[/QUOTE]

Ha, this thread just won't die!

I'm playing this game right now, SO worth the money.

My nieces b-day party is this coming weekend...I already had 'You're In The Movies', decided to bite on this and hook her up with this as well...thanks Drkirby!

I'll ask again. Can anyone confirm that the dance mat this comes with is compatible with DDR Universe?

bread's done
Back