MadWorld - $29.99 NEW at GameStop starting this Friday

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
One of the "cool" GameStop employees I always talk to when I'm there told me that they'll be selling MadWorld for $29.99 brand new starting this Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KrazyGunner']Most certainly... inspired by Sin City, it's absolutely one of the most stylish games you can get for the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that it's actually one of the few Wii games released in the past year that has good gameplay... unlike 95% of the garbage on the system.

This is a great game, well worth $30.

I've still heard this game only lasts lke 6 hours tops. If there much in terms of extras? It seems like it would be better to just rent it.

$30 new? Does this mean they will be selling used for 25 or so? Do you think I can take advantage of this weeks GS 20% off wii coupon and get this game for less than 20 w/EDGE card?

I don't understand. Are these games just not selling well or what? I would think a game like MadWorld would sell like crazy. Now I'm wondering what other new games will drop this fast. :???:

[quote name='sandmanzero']I don't understand. Are these games just not selling well or what? I would think a game like MadWorld would sell like crazy. Now I'm wondering what other new games will drop this fast. :???:[/QUOTE]

It flopped in sales -- only 66,000 sold in the US on a 20-something million Wii install-base.

[quote name='bozasm']$30 new? Does this mean they will be selling used for 25 or so? Do you think I can take advantage of this weeks GS 20% off wii coupon and get this game for less than 20 w/EDGE card?[/QUOTE]
I think Thursday is the last day for the Wii coupon, so probably not

I just got this game a little while ago. Now its dropping? Its making it hard to decide what games to get. I'm going to see what the TIV is tomorrow, and if its still good I'm going to have to get rid of it. I'll just buy it again at another time. Its too bad that good games don't sale. No More Heroes anyone? Its a shame that gamers want good games on the Wii besides the mascots, and people refuse to buy them. If this trend keeps up then my Wii is going to have to stay as a dust collector.

[quote name='speedrunner17']I just got this game a little while ago. Now its dropping? Its making it hard to decide what games to get. I'm going to see what the TIV is tomorrow, and if its still good I'm going to have to get rid of it. I'll just buy it again at another time. Its too bad that good games don't sale. No More Heroes anyone? Its a shame that gamers want good games on the Wii besides the mascots, and people refuse to buy them. If this trend keeps up then my Wii is going to have to stay as a dust collector.[/QUOTE]

yeah man no more heroes was pretty sweet...paid full price and i have regretted it ever since

[quote name='sandmanzero']Wow! First it was Tom Clancy's HAWX and now MAdWorld. I don't know what's going on, but I like it! :D[/QUOTE]

Yea, about the HAWX, is that gametop's new permanent price for it? I wanna get it, but I wanna wait a little longer until I order it.

oh wow.. hawx is 30 bucks.. that i did not know... im not gonna get it though.... not really interested in those type of games

[quote name='Regian']Wow. That was quick.

I might be inclined to pick it up at that price.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I've been waiting for price drops on this game and that other one where you get to play as a tarantula and a scorpion.

[quote name='earvcunanan']It flopped in sales -- only 66,000 sold in the US on a 20-something million Wii install-base.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's a damn shame. Then again I don't know what the developers expected selling a game that explicit on the Wii. Too bad someone who stuck their neck out had it get cut off.

[quote name='KingBroly']Now when you say New...do you mean New or "Good as New"?[/QUOTE]

This isn't an auction, he isn't trying to play word games.

[quote name='KingBroly']Now when you say New...do you mean New or "Good as New"?[/QUOTE]

Watch out, GameStop will sell you a gutted store copy as "new" if it's the last one. ;)

[quote name='bozasm']$30 new? Does this mean they will be selling used for 25 or so? Do you think I can take advantage of this weeks GS 20% off wii coupon and get this game for less than 20 w/EDGE card?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want to know this, too. $30 may sound cheap, but considering the game is like 5 hours long, the value sorta goes out the window.

[quote name='AwRy108']Yeah, I want to know this, too. $30 may sound cheap, but considering the game is like 5 hours long, the value sorta goes out the window.[/QUOTE]

20% off coupon ends today when GameStop closes.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Same here. I've been waiting for price drops on this game and that other one where you get to play as a tarantula and a scorpion.[/QUOTE]

You're referring to "Deadly Creatures".

This game is well worth $30, it's a lot of fun. I'm sad this game didn't sell more, but the average Wii user wouldn't look twice at a game such as this, and the type of people that WOULD buy this game, probably gave up on Wii a long time ago.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Gutted copies for $30? I'll wait for $20 or less for sealed copies from Amazon or elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

GameStop only guts one copy of each game to use as display. They're bound to have sealed copies, but I prefer the used mint/complete ones so I can use my Edge. I'm such a cheap-ass. ;)

Good deal, have to wait and see if its MSRP drop or something so I can get it at Amazon or Best Buy. If this is from the weekly Gamestop ad, then I will buy it to suport it, although I haven't touched my Wii since Okami, shame!

[quote name='speedrunner17']I just got this game a little while ago. Now its dropping? Its making it hard to decide what games to get. I'm going to see what the TIV is tomorrow, and if its still good I'm going to have to get rid of it. I'll just buy it again at another time. Its too bad that good games don't sale. No More Heroes anyone? Its a shame that gamers want good games on the Wii besides the mascots, and people refuse to buy them. If this trend keeps up then my Wii is going to have to stay as a dust collector.[/QUOTE]

"Gamers" may *say* they want good non-mascot games, but the truth is that there arent enough "gamers" to support those titles on the Wii. I know ppl say over and over that there are no 'mature' titles on the Wii, but the truth, demonstrated by the sales numbers, is that Wii owners in general, have no desire for these titles.

That said, I'm not even sure MadWorld counts as a "good game". It appears short and repetitive. If this were on the 360 or PS3 (or even PS2), I doubt it would get more than a novelty look (same goes for The Conduit).

Potential good deal though if you're interested in the game. Could buy it, beat it, then flip it to Goozex or something.

Madworld raised my bullcrap alarms, so I never ended up buying it. Fortunately, I did get a chance to complete it.

My bullcrap alarms were well-founded, as usual. Madworld is terribly short (The game time clocks 4 hours, but that only counts in-level playtime that doesn't count restarts. So the game itself probably lasts 6-ish.). It is terribly repetitive. The brawler combat is abysmal... all you end up really doing is just picking up mooks and throwing them onto insta-kills, sometimes chaining your weapon uses for more score. The bosses are decent but completely unmemorable. The scoring system ensures that you will not come back to try to get a higher score because to play for score goes against most of the fun of the game.

In its defense, Greg Proops and John Dimaggio voice a pair of absolutely hilarious commentators with excellent rapport and, a rarity, turning a few of their almost ridiculously repeated phrases into a well-done running gag once or twice, (I cracked up in the final battle and a bit before when the hundredth or so reprise of the same routine ended differently.) but even with their indefensible repetition of the same phrases, they are so hilarious as to be worth the price of admission.

Hopefully this is a universal drop. Wait for it to come to the goldbox again and BAM! Throw on an the ECA discount for maximal carnage

No More Heroes definately sold better than MadWorld though, I think I heard it sold better here than in Japan. Either way it sold enough copies to warrent a sequel. I hate that good games like this hit such a road-block on the Wii that its really not even worth it for the developers to make the game. Everyone complains about the lack of good third party games but this is how we treat them when they come out.

Hoping its a new MSRP, not willing to give GameStop any business. Or that its in an ad so I can get it price-matched somewhere.

Glad I waited. Hope i can get sealed copy under $15 or less somewhere :) Still have over hundreds backlog games to play no rush to buy it :)

[quote name='bb4lake']No More Heroes definately sold better than MadWorld though, I think I heard it sold better here than in Japan. Either way it sold enough copies to warrent a sequel. I hate that good games like this hit such a road-block on the Wii that its really not even worth it for the developers to make the game. Everyone complains about the lack of good third party games but this is how we treat them when they come out.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say a six-hour game is a good buy at full MSRP, unless you are buying it for the multiplayer more than the single player campaign, ie, Left 4 Dead.

My bet is that Madworld won't really sell until it hits $20. I bought No More Heroes when it was at $20, and really enjoyed it. Would I have paid more for it, no.

I wonder if the length had anything to do with it not selling well. Personally this was a buy for me, then I waited for reviews to be sure, saw the length estimate in one of them and passed until the price went down.

[quote name='Whipl50']I wouldn't say a six-hour game is a good buy at full MSRP, unless you are buying it for the multiplayer more than the single player campaign, ie, Left 4 Dead.

My bet is that Madworld won't really sell until it hits $20. I bought No More Heroes when it was at $20, and really enjoyed it. Would I have paid more for it, no.[/QUOTE]

Haha, no I fully agree but thats because I don't pay the original MSRP for any game, no matter how much I want it. However, 66K units is emberassing, maybe not quite as bad as GTA:CW did on the DS but still ugly.

bread's done
Back