World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

spends too much time here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

I know those of us who play WoW are usually too busy kicking Alliance ass (FOR THE HORDE!!!!) to talk about it, but what the hell.

Feel free to post your server and allegiance.

Mine is obvious.

Come visit Samuraifez, the Troll Shaman, on Burning Legion anytime. 8-)

WoW Resources:

www.worldofwarcraft.com (duh)
www.wowhead.com (my favorite reference site, by far)
www.wowwiki.com
www.thottbot.com (auction house resource)
www.mmo-champion.com (guides and raid strategies)

Edited by Mr. Anderson, 14 May 2009 - 05:24 PM.

samuraifez.png

#2 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:14 PM

Might want to throw thottbot up there.

I haven't played WoW in quite a few months, maybe I should hop back on the horse.

#3 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

I always hit up MMO-Champion for the lastest info.

#4 toper

toper

"ggggbabybabybaby"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

I have a lvl 53 pally (Aidenhark) on the Borean Tundra server, feel free to add me.

#5 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:10 PM

@Mr. Anderson: where you playing on Burning Legion-US when it came out? I was in Ropetown on that server until we transferred to Executus-US.

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#6 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:25 AM

There are times when I feel the pull of WoW. I played for a long time but quit right before WotLK came out. I bought it and played 3 hours of it and haven't played since.

BUT when i did play, i was Gilaktug, Orc Hunter on Thunderlord. Good times.

#7 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:43 AM

I just got back into WoW not too long ago after taking a break for 8th months. I play a 77 Paladin on Kul Tiras (Rhodarath).

Best WoW mod I use is called Lightheaded (and also a complementary mod called tom tom). Basically you get in game wowhead comments and if someone posts coords you just click and you get a arrow and distance on where to go.

http://www.wowinterf...ightHeaded.html

Hmm I need to be up by 10:30 tomorrow, I guess I could go back on and raise my blacksmithing :lol:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#8 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:09 AM

I used to be quite addicted to WoW. Two lvl 80's (Priest and Shaman), a handful of 70's, and at least one alt in each of the other ten's bracket.

Now though, one bad guild killed the game for me. During the course of a couple of weeks, i was penalized for breaking rules that didn't exist, the GL ninja'd best-in-slot gear from a person pug'd into a raid, denied someone else gear because he didn't like them, and got drunk while raiding. After that, I had no real intention of raiding at all.

#9 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

I played way, way too much in the pre-BC days. For me, though, it started to go downhill after that; was never quite as fun as it was back in the 40-man AQ/Naxx days. Granted I only played the expansions for a few months each. Still, it made me rather sad that they turned Naxx into such an absolute joke in WotLK; place used to be hard as nails.
Posted Image

#10 Animefalcon

Animefalcon

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:08 AM

theres only 1 real hard boss raiding wise right no in WOW sadly

#11 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

Posted Image

This made my penis grow by 10 inches. My ePeen is now over five feet long on WoW.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#12 SilentSinr

SilentSinr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

I currently play a level 73 Undead Death Knight (Horde)
and I am on the realm Stonemaul
Trying to find a good guild at the moment
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 TruthinessFC

TruthinessFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

I've played and quit 2-3 times, started in the days of original WoW, and this last run going a little less than 2 years straight until I got burned out before the launch of WotLK. Have a bunch of characters but only one 70, a human holy priest.
Spoiler

Some other reference sites I used when I was playing:

http://www.bosskillers.com/
http://www.warcraftpets.com/ - Vanity pets
http://shadowpriest.com/ - Shadowpriest info
http://maintankadin....safedesign.com/ - Paladin tankery
http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php - Very helpful source for getting the most out of your class, spec, gear, especially for raiding.

http://wowjutsu.com/world/ - Rankings for raid guilds/groups
http://www.tentonhammer.com/wow/

I do miss my Winterspring Frostsaber, though.:cry:

Now Playing
:ps3: XCOM: Enemy Unknown
:pc: Dota 2, Diablo III: RoS, Heroes of the Storm

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#14 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:15 PM

That Elitist Jerks forum is awesome, thanks for the link Truthiness!

samuraifez.png

#15 VioletArrows

VioletArrows

La Bella Fleche

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:29 AM

I have a 50 Hunter and a 40 Paladin on Bronzebeard, with some assorted lowbies on Sen'jin. Still trying to decide what class I like best. It's all interesting, but I will say this... This is one buggy as hell game. I do sort of like my guild though. Both social and progressive, and adamant about keeping the retards out.
Currently playing: ....*shrug*

#16 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:46 AM

<- Level 56 Mage in Aerie Peak. <3 Cinnamon

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#17 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:16 AM

I play on twisting nether server. Does anyone else? My characters are as follows :

Despicable - 80 warlock
Kevork: 65 priest
Bubbleoseven: 25 paladin

All 3 are on the Horde side.

a few sites I use : www.projectlore.com and www.WoW.com (used to be wowinsider, they recently changed)

#18 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

<---- 21 Gnome Warrior - Tweedled
<---- 7 Dwarf paladin - Paladipus

Just started a week ago. On boulderfist.

#19 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:46 AM

Just dinged 80 on my pally on thurs. Left my previous guild on friday (because they showed NO signs of recruitment, I was their last recruit above 60 since I joined at 72 and we had no 80's yet), joined a new guild on friday and left it today (because the guild chats were god aweful annoying). Now about 15 mins going to go look for a new guild.

Ugh, I love it when you hear two people blabber on about who is better at x-box live (I mean the annoying type) over fucking guild chat. Plus the guild leader invited anyone she wanted, ugh :bomb:.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#20 rawrker

rawrker

Supreme Llama Tickler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:09 PM

Does anyone know a trustworthy legit site to sell WoW accounts at (if one even exists)? I've played now for about 4 years, have 4 80s and a DK at 73 but I will be calling it quits soon. After playing so long I'd like to get something back for it, but I'm not sure where I can pawn it off without being jacked. I know ebay doesn't allow account sales and gamepal.com quoted me $1000 for it but I have no idea how legitimate the site is :(

#21 VioletArrows

VioletArrows

La Bella Fleche

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:20 PM

None of them are 'legit', considering Blizzard doesn't want you doing it either and will ban the account, screwing both you and the person who bought it (especially once whoever he plays with finds out he doesn't know how to play your characters).
Currently playing: ....*shrug*

#22 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:07 PM

I just started a little less than 2 months ago. I've got a 58 undead mage and a 60 blood elf death knight on Executus.

#23 brennok

brennok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2009 - 04:50 AM

I quit wow about a week after BC came out. 40 man raids killed my enjoyment of the game. I enjoyed leveling alts more but once I hit 60 I had a tough time even doing that again.

My friend just started for the first time and I am tempted to fire the game up again. Of course every time I think about it I remember everything I didn't enjoy about the game including a montly fee. The big problem is I have absolutely nothing to play right now.

#24 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:22 AM

I quit wow about a week after BC came out. 40 man raids killed my enjoyment of the game. I enjoyed leveling alts more but once I hit 60 I had a tough time even doing that again.

My friend just started for the first time and I am tempted to fire the game up again. Of course every time I think about it I remember everything I didn't enjoy about the game including a montly fee. The big problem is I have absolutely nothing to play right now.

Just fyi, there are no more 40 man raids. They have been made obsolete.

samuraifez.png

#25 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 17 June 2009 - 06:02 PM

So my brother got me back in to the game and I'm doing a fresh start as a Blood Elf Paladin. God I hate leveling.

#26 Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

Haven't been able to play, no internet at my place yet.

samuraifez.png

#27 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 03:38 AM

On server Oxynia on the Alliance side. One dwarf hunter and one dwarf death knight.

New sig coming soon.

#28 redshadow

redshadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:05 PM

40-man raids were really the glory days for this game. The newer 25-man content is pretty stale.

#29 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

40-man raids were really the glory days for this game. The newer 25-man content is pretty stale.

I agree. I was an officer for one of the top guilds in vanilla wow, and had a blast in 40 man content. BC comes along and kills my guild, and raiding wasn't fun after that. I did like the closeness of 10 man raiding though that were introduced in WOTLK.

I let my subscription lapse a few weeks ago, mainly due to boredom but also due to the fact that my PC has been in and out of the repair shop (lost about 6 weeks of prepaid time thanks to that), so I didn't want to renew with all these issues still happening. The new patch seems promising though. The emblem change is a hot topic, but for someone that likes to have a lot of alts, I like it.

#30 Dogpatch

Dogpatch

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:03 PM

I've been playing since last august. So far have 3 80's (hunter, pally, dk) and the rest of the classes in the 30s. Mage and shaman probably going to get more play time. These toons are on Azuremyst.

Have a few horde toons on other servers though they are all fairly low. Scaling back the time i play right now since it started to become to much of a routine. Also waiting on the new computer i have coming. Maybe i can actually enjoy wintergrasp without lagging so bad.