World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#331 Ernest_360

Ernest_360

Live to Win!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:37 PM

Even before CATA I was able to level my Pally to 80 rather quickly last summer, especially through Outlands...where the place was dead back then too. I was ganked a couple of times, but it wasn't the end of the world. I dunno, with CATA out now I think everyone is trying to get to the new end game content as fast as possible. I think world PVP hasn't been an emphasis (for better or worse) with Blizzard for a long time.
- The Doc Says

Please consider these sites:
Wii :: PS3 :: Swagbucks

#332 teknikalei

teknikalei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

anyone want to go a new toon with me? I have my level 58 warlock but I feel very overwhelmed with a lot. I think I'd rather just restart. I don't have cataclysm yet! I just renewed my sub right now.

I just posted in the CAG guild thread - I'd love to start up with you - mainly cuz I'm a noob. Hope that doesn't bug you too much.

But yea, if you're interested, PM me. Hope to hear from you (and anybody else :D )

#333 Ernest_360

Ernest_360

Live to Win!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

I just posted in the CAG guild thread - I'd love to start up with you - mainly cuz I'm a noob. Hope that doesn't bug you too much.

But yea, if you're interested, PM me. Hope to hear from you (and anybody else :D )

I posted there as well. Just a matter of *if* I get cata as a gift before I jump back in. Here is to hoping *knocks on wood*
- The Doc Says

#334 letmeinnow

letmeinnow

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

Whats the best place to buy time cards online that email the code? /any deals?
I want to get back into wow.

#335 Ernest_360

Ernest_360

Live to Win!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2011 - 06:19 PM

I usually just use Amazon, but they actually send you a physical card so I am not sure where the best place for email codes would be. But if you would like a scroll of resurrection for 10 free days to get started now please let me know and I will send you one ASAP.
- The Doc Says

#336 Draekon

Draekon

Kung-Fu Panda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2011 - 07:08 PM

I've had luck ordering from:

http://gametimezone.com/

They will call you on your first order to confirm and when I first ordered, I had done it some saturday morning or evening if I remember correctly and received a call from them pretty quickly. It's been a while and I never saw any other charges from them that would cause me to distrust them (Though I used google checkout) and they have a fairly decent user reputation. They just aren't great for deals, just speed. Although now it's probably too late to reply to this since it's been two days.

#337 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

I am taking a break from this game. The WoW community-- in general -- is making me crazy. Waaaaaaah this game is soo hard. PLZ NERF IT!!

People use the excuse "I have a job and a family, and I am a paying member so I don't have time to play much". LOL then why are you even playing? UGH.GRAH. BRABJJBABJDJ

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#338 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

I too have let my sub die. Most people I know underestimated how much free time they'd have with classes/jobs and so I haven't done any raiding except for Magmaw and Omicron Defense System. After we downed those 2 like 3 weeks ago, I haven't gotten on.

I think I may be hanging my bow up for good. 15 a month just seems ridiculous to me now.

#339 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Been playing this pretty hardcore with some oldschool friends and all we have left to down is Cho'gall and Nef. Just waiting on a good PvP game to come along and grab my attention. :\

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#340 kamui34

kamui34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:53 AM

SWOR for me but then again I am in a decent guild so no need to rely on either the community or PUGs to get through the game.

Can't wait to be home tonight and try out the new patch.
Posted Image

#341 elixe

elixe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

patch hurt my feral druid but my 2 other classes got buffed hunter/paladin. so i guess it balances it out : /

i'm in a smaller guild of some friends i've been playing with since bc so atm we don't have enough for raids like we did bc/wotlk, i'm still enjoying it but having them sit there raid ready sucks.

euphoria.

#342 letmeinnow

letmeinnow

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

The new scroll of resurrection is amazing. Any deals on wow time cards? I'm looking to res. I dont have Cata yet and they give it to you free with the new res!

#343 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

I just got one last night too. Free game trial, auto level to 80 and server and faction transfer, wow! I wasn't terribly interested in going back but I am considering it for the trail period only. I used a scroll of resurrection and free game card in December, raided Dragon Soul, then quit again with 2 weeks game time left. It's not my happy place like it used to be in vanilla, bc, much of wrath.

I played WoW for 5 1/2 years with no subscription lapse, then I just did not want to play any damn more. It happened after we killed the Lich King but I tried to hang in there w/my friends; I was/am still just over it. Not the game's fault, the dev's could allow me to shoot laser beams out of my eyes and have a Candyland world with a fire breathing gingerbread man boss and I would still be bored at this point. So I quit the game and bought my first Xbox 360, playing a bunch of old to you/new to me games and having fun not trying to impress everyone on World of Logs. I would say what I really miss is the friends I made, but most of them are gone now too.

Edit: Whoa, just noticed this thread was dead for more than a year. Do we get infracted for posting in old threads on CAG? If so, I blame THAT guy *points up surreptitiously*

Edited by Whedon, 07 March 2012 - 08:42 PM.
Added text

#344 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

I'd like a scroll. All my gold is on Doomhammer though.

#345 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

I'd like a scroll. All my gold is on Doomhammer though.

I'll send you a scroll. Don't care what you do with it and I don't need gold, I just want the mount :p PM me your email.

#346 leakyknuts

leakyknuts

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:17 AM

I am looking for someone use scroll of ressurection on me. I will buy the one month deal so that you get your epic mount. I roll a undead rogue on thunderhorn named feefee.

#347 Big St3ph3n

Big St3ph3n

Strange MUSIC!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

I too would like to be ress'd. PM me and i will give ya some details.

will def play for more then a month so you get your mount. wish i got one too.
Posted Image
NINTENDO ID: Bigst3ph3n
Part of THE MEDIOCRE NATION: THE MEDIOCRE SHOW
Twitter: @bigst3ph3n -- RIP 2pac, BIG and Sega Dreamcast.

#348 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

Well, anyone else needs a scroll just drop me a PM.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#349 letmeinnow

letmeinnow

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

If anyone else wants a Scroll of Resurrection PM me your email and ill send you one.

#350 r1sky

r1sky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:47 AM

If anyone else needs a scroll. PM me. My server = Ysera

#351 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

OK I'm not sure how big people are on WoW around here -- but what does everyone think of all the recent news about Mists?

I was getting really ZzZZz with Cata -- it just wasn't good. I don't recall any raid encounter that I found "fun".. the dungeons where.. ok.. neat and pretty...but nothing makes me go "I LOVE THAT PLACE". I enjoyed the remake of Deadmines and Shadowfang Keep...but .. it wasn't "new" stuff.

Anyway, the female Pandaren isn't bad. I actually do like the Dwarf female model, and she kinda resembles that. The Monk class, in general, seems absolutely awesome. Yes yes, it'll be WAY OP when it launches, then it'll get nerfed beyond words, but eventually they'll balance it correctly. The healing on Monks seem awesome.. looks like a DPS/healing hybrid.. but with a lot of channeled spells.

I am SUPER stoked about pet battles. Call it Pokemon.. it's a SIDE thing to do and no one has to do it, but I love collecting things and leveling things.. so it'll be fun for crazies like me.

"Farmville" is incorrect. It's more like Harvest Moon. Plus, farming your own herbs in a literal "farming" sense...is a fantastic idea.

The Challenge mode just seems great. It'll give that "video game" feel to it, you get achievements (ok big deal) but you also get class specific transmog sets...and THAT is def neat.

Scenarios are also interesting. Can't say much about it as we don't know much about it.

But I like that we aren't going for a "BIG BAD". This xpac is going to be how MMORPGs should be: A story. Patch 5.0.3 will be when we start this story..eventually, 5.1 will come out. Instead of it just being random stuff (like troll heroics, lol), it'll be a continuation from 5.0. This is a GOOD thing. Throughout all of this, we will see why Garrosh Hellscream is going to be the man we need to take out at the end of the xpac. I like this. It's not like "O NOZ, DEATHWING IS WILD. QUICKLY, ER'BODY AFTER HIM!". There's going to be a reason WHY Garrosh needs to be taken out...and that is just so smart, IMO.

You can be one of the sheep and say "LoL Pandas", but this whole concept is we find this beautful peaceful place..and Horde/Alliance are there fighting and being just insane and I'm sure we somehow drag them into this mess.

I'm excited. It's bad to be excited for games as they always lead to disappointment, but I wasn't THIS excited for Cata, and obviously my excitement radar was faily correct. I liked Cata, but.. I won't really miss it.

Anyone else excited? Or.. going to at least give MoP a try?

Now Playing:

#352 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm excited for two reasons. The first being they're finally shaking the mechanics up with the drastic changes to talent trees. I'm not sure how well it will work since you have very few options, but this at least allows us to specialize and pick up signature moves along the way rather than having to spec for certain talents. Definitely about time my rogue can use Shadowstep in any spec, because we've asked for it since TBC. It will be like relearning the class all over again in MoP.

The second is BoA mounts. If this means my mounts can be accessed by any character as a collective stable, then it opens the doors to shared faction reputation, etc. I would like to start seeing more of a legacy system where if you're exalted on one character, it's account wide. Perhaps not for the current factions, but once they've become obsolete with a new expansion.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#353 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

The talent system does look pretty awesome. HOPEFULLY .. and FINALLY.. we can have somewhat a more balanced system so people can't QQ about PVE/PVP. I love LOVE Frost (Mage). Love raiding with it. It wasn't bad in Firelands at all, and it's not bad in DS...it's just that.. Fire and even Arcane are so much better.

But yeah the BoA mounts/pets/achievements/titles are all a good thing. I don't know about you, but, it's really annoying when I have downed a raid on my main.. I go on my hunter and I can't get in a pug because "I don't have the achievement".. lol

Now Playing:

#354 Kevfactor

Kevfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

cata was fun at the start but honestly i hate the whole patch system as most the patches just add more loot and grind and not really more content. and you're relaly stuck without fresh content till an expansion comes out.

At this point wow for me is like eq. been there, done that.I raided eq for about 6 years hardcore but after a certain point i just moved on as the game engine gets old and while there usally isn't a games thats better, its just different than doing the same ond thing in the old game. :)

im really looking for a good mmo taht will breaks away from the trend of theme park model and also gets rid fo healers! =p

#355 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

cata was fun at the start but honestly i hate the whole patch system as most the patches just add more loot and grind and not really more content. and you're relaly stuck without fresh content till an expansion comes out.

At this point wow for me is like eq. been there, done that.I raided eq for about 6 years hardcore but after a certain point i just moved on as the game engine gets old and while there usally isn't a games thats better, its just different than doing the same ond thing in the old game. :)

im really looking for a good mmo taht will breaks away from the trend of theme park model and also gets rid fo healers! =p

Well I actually have good news for you -- a lot of people just hate "insert patch here" patches. What they want to do is essentially make sequels to the previous patch. When patch 5.1 releases we will understand WHY we have the content. When patch 5.2 releases, the lore behind it will be from the end of patch 5.1. Etc. Etc etc.

Now I understand grinding can be a pain, and WoW has done a terrific job of trying to fix that. Your weekly dungeons are now dungeons that can happen 7x throughout the week so you can do them whenever, instead of daily. Daily quests can be a pain, but it also provides something to do.

When people (not you!) complain about daily quests, and "Pokemon", and "Farmville" and all of the other "casual" things in the game -- and THEN they complain about "Nothing to do".. I don't understand what they are looking for.

Oh and why get rid of healers?! Are people never supposed to die?! LOL I agree that the "trinity" is a bit dry these days (tank/heals/dps) which is why I think more support roles should be mandatory. I did enjoy that in Rift. It's just that, I didn't really enjoy Rift overall. :lol:

Now Playing:

#356 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

So I've really been out of the loop since I quit May of last year; any plans from them to update Tol Barad or add a new world PvP area that's similar in MoP? My fondest memories of Cata were just going out there to harass people doing dailies or to protect guildmates doing the same. I'd really be sad if there's nothing on the table for us PK's. I really wouldn't mind it if they just revamped TB for 90's, because otherwise it will just be another dead zone like Wintergrasp.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#357 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm really excited for MoP as well. I'm really sick of all the fire and lava from Cataclysm and I'm ready to get back to peaceful forests and a whole new continent. I like Chinese culture and architecture so that's all going to look really cool.

I also like that there's no big bad. This game is supposed to be about you and your characters and Horde vs. Alliance, I'm pleased that we're getting back to that.

The new minigames are going to be a ton of fun. I love Pokemon and I cannot wait to battle friends and collect more pets and such.

I'm with you, lilboo, I definitely was not this excited for Cataclysm.

#358 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:48 PM

I personally thought Cataclysm kinda sucked to be honest. I LOVED Burning Crusade and Wrath, although I didn't like it at first, I ended up somewhat liking it towards the end. Mists seems to be shaping up well. Hope I can get into the Beta!

#359 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:43 AM

I'm looking for a scroll if anyone on Hyjal or Proudmore HORDE wants to send me one. I'm looking to move one of my alts over to one of these 2 servers (haven't decided which yet). PM me if you are interested.

I'm pretty sure the scroll needs to be sent from someone on one of those servers and from the right faction for it to let me move one of my characters over there, so please only PM me if you are on Hyjal or Proudmore Horde.

#360 dmdragon

dmdragon

Likes PIE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

Been playing the beta since day 1 and since there is no NDA I'll post up a couple of shots :P

Since there's no NDA I have some screenies for you guys

Spoiler