World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#421 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Really the only thing I care about in this expansion is Pokemon. Sure I'll roll a panda and level my mage to 90, but I really want to play a Pokemon MMO, and now I get to.

#422 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

This is the stupidest argument. IT WAS ONE PANDA!!!! To make a whole expansion based on that premise is just scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Didn't mean it as an argument for the Expansion's setting as a whole, just the belief that Panderan were a rip-off of Kung-fu Panda. If anything I agree with you...I'm finding it damned hard to get enthused about questing on Panderia. Even in the Beta, I found the character models of the Panderen so off-putting I couldn't finish their starter zone. Animations were nice though. Makes the current-races' animations look like crap.

#423 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

So how is it?

#424 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Didn't mean it as an argument for the Expansion's setting as a whole, just the belief that Panderan were a rip-off of Kung-fu Panda. If anything I agree with you...I'm finding it damned hard to get enthused about questing on Panderia. Even in the Beta, I found the character models of the Panderen so off-putting I couldn't finish their starter zone. Animations were nice though. Makes the current-races' animations look like crap.

I gotcha, I can never go back to WoW because of this though. I just can't do it. I broke down with Cat cuz my friend had a scroll and yadda yadda, but I ended up getting tired of it even faster. I don't feel like there's any depth anymore like it used to have. I'd still like to read some people's feedback on it though.

fs_overall.png

#425 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

I'm really enjoying this expansion a lot. Sure the questing is the same it's always been but the setting and tone of this expansion seems very fresh to me. The continent of Pandaria is really cool, the new mobs are all very unique and the Pandaren are fun. I've always found Asian architecture and culture neat and interesting, so maybe that's why I'm liking this a lot more than I would have with any other expansion setting.

So far I've been leveling my mage (at 88 atm) and I'm really having a blast. Leveling is slower than it has been in the past it feels like, but that doesn't bother me at all. I thought Cataclysm was quite short in the 80-85 experience, but maybe that was a good thing because Cataclysm was boring as shit. I also started a Pandaren Monk but have only gotten him to level 3. I really want to get my mage to 90 first. The Monk and Pandaren animations are so well done. Even their facial expressions when they talk make this seem like a completely new game.

I did pet battles a little bit and I can already tell I'm going to sink a ton of hours into that alone (I love Pokemon).

So, I'm not too far into the whole experience besides the leveling from 85-90 but this might be the best expansion they've put out yet. I'll reserve final judgement for when I see the end game because Burning Crusade was really amazing (Ulduar FTW), but this could very well be better. It's definitely cool to see Blizzard can still do this 7 or 8 years after the game first released. And I'm super relieved that this isn't another Cataclysm shitfest, that expansion was really terrible.

#426 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

I agree with tcrash. I'm 88 atm with my priest and I've enjoyed it so far. Most of the quests are more of the same kill x, collect y, etc. However there are some other quests as well.

The dungeons are quick, which keeps up with the Cata dungeon style, however they all have an Asian feel to them, which makes them interesting. They've come up with some new mechanics for the bosses that make them more interesting. The last boss of one of the dungeons is Xia the Weaponmaster or something to that effect. In the middle of the fight, arrows and spears start flying out from traps on the walls. So, you have to fight the boss, dodge those and dodge the other crap that he throws out at you. It's quite hectic, especially for a healer like me. :)

Also, Ulduar was in WoTLK.
Posted Image

#427 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Also, Ulduar was in WoTLK.

Dammit, I always make that mistake and I don't know why. I think BC had the overall better endgame but Ulduar was the best raid they ever did, so maybe I want Ulduar associated with that lol.

#428 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

Dammit, I always make that mistake and I don't know why. I think BC had the overall better endgame but Ulduar was the best raid they ever did, so maybe I want Ulduar associated with that lol.

I still love Karazahn from TBC though. But Ulduar is good.
Posted Image

#429 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hit 90 a few nights ago. Current thoughts follow...

Heroics are easy. Very easy. Think less "Heroic" and more "Dungeon you're gonna be running at level 90". If you can queue for 'em, you shouldn't have any problems beating them. Kind of puts Scenarios in an awkward place. For those unfamiliar with them, they're mini-instances that allow any composition of three people to complete 'em. That means queue times are near-instant. The rewards aren't terribly exciting - a small handful of Valor and a "spoils" box that contains gold and a chance of randomized loot.

Dailies are back, in full force. If you want to do anything in the end-game, you're going to be doing a lot of dailies. You no longer gain reputation with various groups by equipping their tabard and running instances...you have to run dailies. This is problematic since Valor gear is only purchasable from various factions. Some factions can't even be unlocked until you've reached revered with another faction...you have to do dailies so you can do more dailies. If you want to level Cooking, you're going to be running the Farming dailies (Farming mainly exists to help level cooking). The entire thing is very unfriendly towards Alts. This entire daily thing could be the largest black mark against the expansion.

Playing a monk is fun though. Only in the 30's so far, so it's hard to gauge how fun they'll be in a more serious environment. Touch of Death (insta-kills any NPC with less health than you, 1.5 min cd) is an incredibly satisfying kill, and Flying Serpent Kick is such an awesome way to enter battle. Monk tanking seems highly unique compared to Pally tanking (which is what I'm used to) and far less button-pushy.

#430 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

I like the expansion so far. I started playing as a Panda Monk and she's been lots of fun to play. I got her to like level 20 or something right now. Today I started playing Pokemon with my main character and so far I'm really digging it. I also started playing in the new zone and it seems pretty cool. (I did try to catch a little turtle in Pandaria, which was a big mistake... He brought three of his friends and he kicked my butt.)
Posted Image

#431 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Been playing this off and on for a couple weeks now and I'm just not that into it for some reason. It feels disconnected from WoW in the same way that Outland did in TBC. The lack of a Tol Barad to troll this expansion is really killing it for me and the fact my server is practically dead, which is a first since vanilla. What also pisses me off is I can't just train flying and start farming with my alts and no way in hell am I leveling them all to 90 on this content. It's incredibly boring and the asian theme doesn't do anything for me.

And I'm sorry, but pandas just look incredibly gay lol. Blizzard REALLY dropped the ball even bothering with a new race this time. Makes space squids look good.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#432 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:24 PM

Farm wild boars to level 90 IMO.

fs_overall.png

#433 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

I'm pretty blown away by how drool-proof dungeons are this expansion: I mean, every fight is literally tank n spank. And this is heroic I'm talking about. Really hoping raid finder or at least proper raids are challenging because Cata was so much better than this.

Still having fun with it now that I'm 90 though, because there's tons of stuff to do and mess around with. Might look into making my legendary daggers just for the lulz and farm old raids again now that they're adding pets to the boss drops from what I hear. Can't explain it, but this game just has that magic touch of making me want to keep playing heh.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#434 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Really hoping raid finder or at least proper raids are challenging because Cata was so much better than this.

Raid Finder is a fucking joke and a half. The mechanics are so basic it's almost funny. I've heard the normal mode raid isn't much harder, not sure about heroic though. I only raided for real in the first tier of Cata but yeah, that was so much better than this slop so far.

#435 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Dailies, Dailies, Dailies, Dailies...Oh look, I unlocked more dailies...

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#436 Lokki

Lokki

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I can't get motivated to do dailies. I think it is partly because I haven't had much playing time the last few weeks. So when I do log in, the last thing that I want to do is churn out dailies. I've only run a hand full of heroics so far, but I've had fun in them for the most part. They definitely aren't super challenging, but I think I'm enjoying them just because it is something different. I was so tired of running the Twilight dungeons, even though I liked them.
Posted Image

#437 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

Took two weeks off because of work and I've had a very hard time getting back in to WoW. Had it not been for the random player that invited me to do group questing, I probably would have just quit. Either I am getting long in the tooth or WoW is. Or both. :)

Posted Image

#438 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:52 PM

Played it for a little over a week and got bored of it again. have about 9 days left of game time and other than checking my auctions don't think I'll continue paying for or play it anymore.

#439 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

Warlords of Draenor is coming out this year it seems. I'm happy to see a new expansion and the new character models, but I'm not happy about the raised price tag for the expansion. I don't know if I'll use the 90 level boost, but I may just use it to make a female Paladin to replace my male Paladin or something.

You can also pre-purchase the digital expansion now to get the boost.

Posted Image

#440 zyk

zyk

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

Damnn thats how outdated this WoW thread is? haha

I think they handled the whole "free" Level 90 boost thing very poorly. IIRC when it was first announced it was suppose to be a bonus/incentive to buying the expansion, and then they announced that you'd only get if you pre-ordered it. Now they announce that you'll get the 90 boost with the expansion, but the expansion costs $50 now? What the hell lol. 

I still haven't decided if I'll return for this.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: Super Smash Bros.

:ps3:

:ps4: Destiny

#441 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:03 AM

Yeah I don't quite understand the new pricing to this. It's $50 for standard, $70 for deluxe or whatever the F it is. The "deluxe" one gives you the Raven Lord mount that has armor and can fly.. plus a pet that looks like it.. you get some banners in D3 and some icons in SCII (I think).....oh plus the expansion. That's not worth $70. At all.

I'm going to be a little mad if you have to pre-order the game in order to get a level 90 boost. I don't see myself ever buying the $60 level 90 boost, but I'd really want to boost a toon up. 

I really hope they don't justify the price of $50 because of that stupid level 90 boost. Don't get me wrong, as long as it's apart of the expansion and not just some silly pre-order bonus, it's a pretty good feature. Paying $10 is a lot better than paying $60.. but then, I could just.. Oh, I don't know, play the game and get a toon to 90. With all of the heirlooms available, leveling is just a breeze anyway. No need to spend $60. No need to even spend a $10 premium. I guess we're all kinda SOL with that, though.

I've been wanting to play WoW again for a while. I just can not get into this expansion at all. Even though I like this expansion more than Cata (because Cata was kind of awful), but I had a lot more fun in Cata... Hmmm....

Maybe they will announce some kind of bomb shell and that'll help warrant the extra $10. 

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#442 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

What's the easiest way to get some free gametime? I haven't played in 5 years. More than anything I just want to fly around Azeroth and see what's changed since vanilla. Not really interested in levelling, just looking to see whatever my 80 chars can see.

Right now the best I can get is 10 free days through battle.net if I trial the panda expansion. I couldn't give a shit about the pandas, I just want to see the old stuff made different.

Are there any other ways to get more free days? I remember the rez scrolls from long ago (is it still a "thing"?). I didn't know if they had other bullshit to pull people in. I'd feel like a sucker subbing for a month, because I don't want to buy and install panda funtimes. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I'm doing the 10-day trial. I'm struck by how empty everything is. More than the changes to everything (so far I've just flown around Kalimdor). I saw maybe 15-20 people total in flying around the new Org. It's crazy, it kind of saps my enthusiasm for everything else. I feel so lonely, the chats are dead, nobody's out bouncing around.

Also, just to share...

I set it up a battle.net account as I was leaving WoW, this was sometime early 2009 and everyone was pissed at Blizz about the way the whole battle.net integration went down. Anyhow, I set up that account with all fake credentials I can't begin to recall. Now get to 2014 and I want to access that account. Well, what gmail account did I have associated with it? That's right, the gmail account I set up expressly for wow and haven't touched in 5 years. Google deleted it. So 1) I don't have access to the email account associated with the battle.net account and 2) I don't know the first thing about the name, address, etc on the account.

I go into chat with Blizz support with a deleted gmail address and vague recollections of 4 or 5 toons on that account, their servers, races, classes, etc. I have some old screenshots I share with support of some of these toons hanging with Thrall in the throne room (it's a thing I used to do when I'd reach the lvl cap, go get my pic with big daddy Thrall). And that's it.

A couple security questions and 5 minutes later, the CS agent puts the account in one of my working gmail addresses. I'm shocked at how easy it was. I suppose it helped that the account sat it disuse, and that I knew roughly when it was last used and so on, but there wasn't a speck of personal info on the account. I just didn't think it would be that easy.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#443 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:45 AM

Sure, they're hoping to get your money.

#444 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

EDIT: I'm doing the 10-day trial. I'm struck by how empty everything is. More than the changes to everything (so far I've just flown around Kalimdor). I saw maybe 15-20 people total in flying around the new Org. It's crazy, it kind of saps my enthusiasm for everything else. I feel so lonely, the chats are dead, nobody's out bouncing around.

It seems to depend on what server you are on. Right now I got characters on two servers both on the Alliance side. My main server Hellscream it's nearly a ghost town in Stormwind most of the time. Yeah there are people out and about but it's pretty quiet most of the time. On the other hand the other server I am on Emerald Dream boy talk about the very opposite. Stormwind is very busy no matter what time of day it is. Tons of people all over, very busy auction house, guilds for every type of thing you want to do ranging from raiding to PVP, etc.

So yeah right now it's really hit and miss with how active things are. Of course I expect that to fully change at least 1-2 weeks prior to the launch of the next expansion or at least if Blizz does any pre-expansion content like they did in the past (except for Mists oddly).

New sig coming soon.

#445 zyk

zyk

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

To anyone that is looking for a reason to resub (besides the expansion) the 10 year anniversary is in November and its a big one.

Summary:

100 vs 100 Tarren Mill vs. Southshore team deathmatch battleground

Revamped 40 man LFR Molten Core - you will get a corehound mount for completing it

Molten Corgi pet for logging in

http://us.battle.net...rcraft-8-6-2014

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: Super Smash Bros.

:ps3:

:ps4: Destiny

#446 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:04 AM

They released the cinematic trailer for the new expansion, a gameplay trailer and it's going to launch on November 13, 2014. 

Posted Image

#447 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

I probably shouldn't bother with another WoW expansion, but I'm going to get it.  I'll still put enough time into it to make the purchase worthwhile.

#448 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

I finally got my damn legendary cloak!

...If they have another legendary quest like this one I don't think I'll do it... It was a giant pain in the butt to get.

gallery_226059_7791_33401.jpg

Posted Image

#449 phoenixdown

phoenixdown

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

Resubbing for WoD. Haven't played since WotLK! I'm Horde on Mal'Ganis. Using my free 90 for a prot warrior. Just fooling around on Timeless Isle until November.

#450 PrinnyOtaku

PrinnyOtaku

二人の秘密の基地

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2014 - 03:59 AM

Is anyone here looking for a guild for Warlords? I've raided US Top 5 before in the past and will most likely raid lead, and I have a group of long-time friends who are extremely capable playing too. We just need a few more. Nothing too hardcore, just a few days a week.

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn