Bionic Commando: Rearmed price drop $4.99 on PSN/XBLA

that is sweet!!! Got it when it first came out and was definitely worth. But now at 5 bucks I think any old school fan should buy it!!!

[quote name='guessed']How much is it normally?[/QUOTE]

$9.99

Have they added trophy support to this yet?
It strikes me as one where not having retroactive trophies in the future could be a big headache...

[quote name='depascal22']^^ It's normally $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guessed it was that much, but just wanted to check. I've never bought anything on PSN, but this is making me consider it.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I wonder if next week's Deal of the Week for the 360 will be bionic commando rearmed.[/QUOTE]

I hope it will be. I've been longing for that game and hope I can pick it up for 400 points.

PS: Sorry for thread jacking.

I've been meaning to pick this up but never got around to it. Definitely picking it up now. Getting this along with Steam's previous $5 deals on World of Goo and Defense Grid (or whatever it's called), I can get used to this. Now I just have to play the darn games.

[quote name='callmesteam']hope it drops on 360, but if not, im in on ps3. is it multiplayer as well?[/QUOTE]

There's co-op.

I have it on 360 and it was an absurd deal for 800 points/$10. $5 is a no-brainer. Capcom could have easily priced this at $15 and people still would have bought it in droves—it's an excellent hard-as-balls platformer, and the challenge rooms alone will break your spirit (in a good way) if you're really into masochistic games.

I urge everyone to jump on it. Felt like a steal at its original $10 pricetag - so polished. Never played the original and it took me a second playthrough to really appreciate it. Play it on easy first and then go to normal (AI really changes and you need to master swinging before taking them on).

@ callmesteam
is it multiplayer as well?
Local only. 4 player competitive multiplayer. 2 player co-op.

I was thinking about getting this. $5 is too good to pass up. I'll wait to see if the 360 version also gets a sale next week. If not, PS3 it is.

Well, there's my answer.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']XBLA price drop on the 25th of may, down to 400 points.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link Rouzhokuu, but man, I still don't know what to get it for. I already have a pretty descent XBLA library, but a small PSN one. After surfing the web, this game should have had trophy support by now, but doesn't. Damn...

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just bought this two weeks ago and haven't even had time to play it for more than half an hour.

[quote name='Shady3011']Achievements is the deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE] I bought it on the PS3 for the better d-pad and the promise of implementation of trophies at a later date.. Ben Judd, the producer, originally promised that trophies would be implemented in the game. Just today he finally provided some closure on that promise stating that they ran out of time and trophies would not be coming after all.

[quote name='shouamabane']PS3 load times on this game are half as long as the 360 version. This outweighs achievements I think.[/QUOTE]

thank you...looks like its ps3 version for me

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Does everyone pay tax on purchases over at PSN?[/QUOTE]

I've never paid tax for anything I bought over PSN. I live in California if that matters.

The PS3 version also has a save bug where it sometimes deletes your challenge room data... Just a heads up. Its graphics are slightly better than the XBLA version though. Still, I'd get the XBLA version for the Achievements and lack of killer save data bug.

Oh and I wrote the FAQ for this game. :D

Awesome deal, but I have a feeling that it might be too hard for me since I am generally horrible at games. Local co-op would be fun, though, if I could get my wife to play with me on easy.

Why the "M" rating?

[quote name='regis100']Awesome deal, but I have a feeling that it might be too hard for me since I am generally horrible at games. Local co-op would be fun, though, if I could get my wife to play with me on easy.

Why the "M" rating?[/QUOTE]

Blood.

And he gets freaky with his arm.

Really freaky.

J/k

How is remote play with this?

I am bummed about the lack of trophies, but better graphics, better D-Pad and remote play kind of tilt me in the other direction.

[quote name='Shady3011']Achievements is the deal breaker for me.[/QUOTE]

Ummmm, wat?

I was debating buying this as I have an NES in my man cave (the garage) and the original cart, but the achievements look really well thought out. I'm curious how achievements are a deal-breaker for you on what appears to be a fine remake of a fantastic game.

BC Rearmed for only 5$? Holy crap, I'll be picking this up the instant it's available for 400 on XBLA. Been lazy and haven't gotten around to buying it yet, this is definitely going to push me to finally do so. =)

[quote name='cleaver']PS3 or 360 version what say you?[/QUOTE]

I am getting it for 360 for achievements. Just don't care about PSN trophies as they took way to long to unify it.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Ummmm, wat?[/QUOTE]

You don't think something that has zero bearing on actual quality of gameplay and just goes to show how much time you spend playing is the most important thing ever in the history of video gaming? :D

[quote name='danstabbingworth']Ummmm, wat?

I was debating buying this as I have an NES in my man cave (the garage) and the original cart, but the achievements look really well thought out. I'm curious how achievements are a deal-breaker for you on what appears to be a fine remake of a fantastic game.[/QUOTE]

Between the PS3 and 360 version. Not on actually buying the game. I was about to get it at full price until I noticed this sale.

This is a retail-worthy game, I'm not even kidding. $10 is a steal. $5? You'd be literally insane to pass it up.

bread's done
Back