Motorstorm: Pacific Rift $39.99
Bionic Commando $69.99
Blu-Ray movie sale 32 titles
End War $19.99 (PS3/360)
Far Cry 2 $19.99 (PS3/360)
UFC:Undisputed $69.99 (PS3/360)
Spiderman 3 $9.99 (360)
GH:Aerosmith $14.99 (PS3/360)
Xbox 12 Month messenger Pack $59.99 (12's month Live, PGR 4, Headset, Chat Pad)
Terminator:Salvation $59.99 (360)
RockBand Classic Rock Track Pack $29.99 (PS3/360)
360 60GB With NHL 2K9 $299.99
Wii with Big Brain Academy $279.99
EA active sports $64.99
Disney's UP $44.99 (Wii)
Boom Blox Bash Party $44.99 (Wii)
Punch Out $59.99...Ouch!

Trade in a select game and get an addition $15 Trade-in-Credit towards on of these new games. Eligible games must have min. $10 TIV. Visit site for more details... (pic shows UFC, Wolverine, Punch Out and EA active)

Best Buy

80GB PS3 $399.99 with Rachet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction and Socom game and head set.
Patapon 2 $19.99
360 60GB $299.99 with Borne and All pro Football
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Game Bundle $69.99 with Viva Piñata Trouble in Paradise and Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and a wireless controller.
Bionic Comando $69.99
UFC:Undisputed $69.99 (PS3/360) with free UFC 93 DVD
Terminator: Salvation $59.99
Wii with Mario Tennis $299.99 save $10 woohoo
Punch Out $59.99
NHL 2K9 $39.99
EA active sports $69.99

Super Store
Xbox 360 all Sku's $30 off. Arcade $169.99, Pro $269.99 and Elite $369.99
UFC $69.99
Punch Out $59.99
EA active $64.99

Walmart
Nothing but Kraft Dinner is $0.67

Dell
PS3 Playstation 3 80GB Blu-Ray Player Bundle with Remote and HDMI Cable $379.99

Have a good Long weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to clear out the PS3 stock, before PS3 Slim is shown at E3. ;)

And Punch-Out!! for $59.99? Arrrrgh.:bomb:

lol they havent done that much to clear those ps3s :p when will they clear zelda wii so i can finally not get one for 59.99 newwww damned eb fooooled me with their 14.99 best sellers i go and its still 54.99 boooo hooo hooooo :(

since BB website says ratchet and clank is 69.99 and socom with headset is 69.99 (59.99 at futureshop) , you could say thats like getting a ps3 at a wii price.

Thats what the stores want you to think but Rachet and Uncharted are due to enter the Greatest Hits and Socom with headset has been on sale multiple times.

I have no clue how Nintendo thinks a $59.99 price tag for Punch-Out!! is justifiable. I think most people can get everything out of it with a 5 day rental at Rogers. It looks like a fun game but I just don't see it having legs.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Good Stuff this week.
Walmart
[/QUOTE]

Does it come bundled with Heinz ketchup?

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']lol they havent done that much to clear those ps3s :p when will they clear zelda wii so i can finally not get one for 59.99 newwww damned eb fooooled me with their 14.99 best sellers i go and its still 54.99 boooo hooo hooooo :([/QUOTE]

Zelda is one of the few games SDM carries, so if you find it in stock during a 20X promo its effectively close to $40

I got it 2 days after adding it to my request list on goozex for 500 points...there are a lot of $10 games that get 500 points...

It sells lower then one would expect on ebay

jeez those are some good ps3 bundles
if i knew these would be the bundles 3 weeks later, i still would have taken ps3 with mlb 09 the show for 400 isntead of waiting 3 weeks. i just wanted a ps3 bad and the only games that do anything for me there is socom and uncharted. havent bought either of them, but i did want mlb 09 the show

[quote name='Mana Thirst']I got MGS4 LE less than 30 days ago at FS for 34.99, can I bring my receipt and get the difference back?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can.

Hmm. Price drop on Far Cry 2? Or just a Futureshop sale? So I should be able to price match at Best Buy, right?

[quote name='CHW']Hmm. Price drop on Far Cry 2? Or just a Futureshop sale? So I should be able to price match at Best Buy, right?[/QUOTE]

I think its just a sale...
And yeah it should be pretty easy to PM @ bestbuy, i plan on doing that this weekend :D

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Good Stuff this week.

Walmart

[/QUOTE]

Food Basics has it for fitty cent.

That Future Shop trade-in deal could be pretty hot, if you get an $15 for each game you trade... and depending on what you can trade them towards.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']I think FS also has an 8gb Sony USB memory stick for $14.99. That's pretty cheap, may pick one up![/QUOTE]
That's crazy, they're usually around $60. If I still used my PSP ever, I would be all over that deal.

Edit: Wait, USB? I thought you were talking Pro Duo. But this could still work for me, my 8GB Kingston died and I don't have the receipt for the 5 year warranty.

Edit 2: Looks like it's $25 on the website.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']That's crazy, they're usually around $60. If I still used my PSP ever, I would be all over that deal.

Edit: Wait, USB? I thought you were talking Pro Duo. But this could still work for me, my 8GB Kingston died and I don't have the receipt for the 5 year warranty.

Edit 2: Looks like it's $25 on the website.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I read wrong, but I'm sure it was that price. Will have to check later.

Also, this week someone (BB?) is selling a Lexar 8gb MSD pro for $50, cheapest I've seen...

EDIT: Yes, according to the FS flyer they are selling the 8gb USB stick at $14.99, I think it's called the MemoryVault.

Also, it is BestBuy that's selling an 8gb Lexar MSDuo Pro for $49.99. The 4gb is also on sale, but I don't remember for what price. Not that it matters IMHO, the 8gb is the better deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doctor_payne13']That Future Shop trade-in deal could be pretty hot, if you get an $15 for each game you trade... and depending on what you can trade them towards.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gamer602']yup....$15 EXTRA PER GAME..[/QUOTE]

you only get the extra $15 credit per game when you agree to buy:
UFC, Wolverine, Punch-Out, or Wii Active.
special_offers_EN.jpg

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Yes, according to the FS flyer they are selling the 8gb USB stick at $14.99, I think it's called the MemoryVault.
[/QUOTE]
Hmm, that's a pretty good deal then. I've been managing with two 4GBs, but that price is great.

I just picked up the 8gb Sony USB stick. They are scanning up at $24.99 but they had the flyer right there so I got the price adjusted no problem. They are priced at $24 on the shelf (hook actually) as well so I'm wondering if the flyer might be an error.

I posted this in the tivs thread, but just in case anyone's curious how the extra $15 credit on games works:

This might be Edmonton only for the time being, so ymmv.

This is how it's supposed to work:
- They're supposed to give you a card with the credit for what the game is worth, so in my case, $22.80 for Heavenly Sword.
- On the receipt, there's supposed to be a coupon printed on it, saying if you use that credit towards one of the pictured games in the flyer, you'll get $15 more credit.

However, at both stores I checked [Edmonton West accepted my Dragonball Burst Limit, Downtown accepted Heavenly Sword] they weren't ready / set up to print out the coupons on the receipts.

What the manager wanted to do at first, was write on the back of the receipt that I had $15 more credit, and sign her name. I said how would anyone know that it was her signature, and she said I would have to come back to that same store, and she would verify it on Tuesday. After a bit more thinking, she said instead, she'd give me another $15 gift card instead. She said in order to be able to do that, she said she'd consider it a price match [don't ask, I have no idea].

So in the end, I got a $22.80 gift card, and a $15 gift card which can be used on anything in the store.
I want UFC anyway though, so that's what it's going towards. The demo's so fun :D

Hope that helps, I'm not sure if it'll be the same in other places, depending on if they're set up yet or not.

I'm still looking to get a 360, looks like HMV's the best at this point I think, with the included wireless adapter...
I think I'll wait awhile longer though.
Maybe there'll be something new after E3.

[quote name='NoName#1']I just picked up the 8gb Sony USB stick. They are scanning up at $24.99 but they had the flyer right there so I got the price adjusted no problem. They are priced at $24 on the shelf (hook actually) as well so I'm wondering if the flyer might be an error.[/QUOTE]
Same here, cashier rung it up at $14.99. Error or not, they're honoring the flyer price.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and picked up the PS3 at Future Shop because I actually wanted both free games. And I added Far Cry 2 and MGS too, all for just over $500. I'm happy even though I know in my gut that there is probably a price drop just around the corner...

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']I posted this in the tivs thread, but just in case anyone's curious how the extra $15 credit on games works:

[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this detailed and informative post! I wasn't aware downtown was taking trade-ins. Might have to walk over there tomorrow...

Would we be allowed to trade in more than one game for the FS promo? I don't want to have to only trade in one game, get the extra credit, and still have to pay more on top to get the game. I'd much rather trade in at least 2 games, and have some credit left over.

[quote name='collector42']Thank you for this detailed and informative post! I wasn't aware downtown was taking trade-ins. Might have to walk over there tomorrow...[/QUOTE]

Yep, according to the FS site, Edmonton West, North, and Downtown accept trades.

[quote name='AJD23']Would we be allowed to trade in more than one game for the FS promo? I don't want to have to only trade in one game, get the extra credit, and still have to pay more on top to get the game. I'd much rather trade in at least 2 games, and have some credit left over.[/QUOTE]

I think it's supposed to be one trade per game [i.e I don't think you can get $30 extra from 2 games, put towards buying one game from the flyer].

[quote name='AndyTwobeats']I posted this in the tivs thread, but just in case anyone's curious how the extra $15 credit on games works:

This is how it's supposed to work:
- They're supposed to give you a card with the credit for what the game is worth, so in my case, $22.80 for Heavenly Sword.
- On the receipt, there's supposed to be a coupon printed on it, saying if you use that credit towards one of the pictured games in the flyer, you'll get $15 more credit.

However, at both stores I checked [Edmonton West accepted my Dragonball Burst Limit, Downtown accepted Heavenly Sword] they weren't ready / set up to print out the coupons on the receipts.[/QUOTE]

That's disheartening to hear. I had a similar issue with the Fable 2 promo (50% off) they had back when they started doing trade-ins. Traded in a handful of games and qualified.. but when I asked about the deal, they didn't really have anything to go by other than the flyer -- the coupons never got to the associate I dealt with, so they marked up my gift card with the appropriate info.

It wasn't so bad... it took a minute or two longer when I checked out with Fable a little over a week later... and every time I used that GC until it was empty, people kinda screwed up their faces at the writing on the front... but it was OK.

Still, this is all part and parcel of why I don't think Future Shop will ever be a huge rival to EB until they make some big changes.... especially as trade values seem to get closer. Fact is it's just a ton easier to trade in at EB -- staff are more available, better trained at it and it's just quicker and more painless overall, because they're totally set up for it.

EDIT: To be fair, my last trade-in there was pretty good, but my feeling was it was the exception to the rule of mediocrity.

The $15 Sony USB stick drive at Futureshop was a typo, they had a note up in the front entrance of the store. That's why the website doesn't match the flyer. It's actually $25.

Punchout for $60 is a kick to the nuts, but I bought it anyway. I figure I will find it cheaper somewhere in the next 30 days, buy it, then return the newly bought copy with my first receipt.

bread's done
Back