Star Ocean - The Last Hope (360 Pre-Order), £17.95

I'm still not sure on this game. I've watched some videos and it looks okay, but the characters and atmosphere both look a bit childish for me.

That is a cheap price though, so I may have to pick it up after I've finished Lost Odyssey.

[quote name='Donnelly']JRPG's are rubbish. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya!

In JRPGS everyone are truly Messiahs and/or always related in some strange way. Your enemy is most likely your brother or something like that. Often the girls looks like they are 12 years old and the magic is way too overexposed. It sickens me.

Amazing deal, thanks! I just placed my pre-order. Hope I don't get burned as this is my first order from Zavvi and I'm located outside the UK. I'll let everyone know in June!

Ordered!

Never seen a price this low on a brand new game. I bet they made a mistake when lowering the prices of the PSP star ocean games which are also £18. Hope they honour it.

I think it is a mistake and they will not honour it.

I was going to buy Star Ocean 1 for PSP, but my order was cancelled because they had put an incorrect price. This seems like a someone messed up.

It would be great if that is the actual price.

[quote name='Donnelly']JRPG's are rubbish. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Say's the guy with Legend Of Spyro as his last played game...

[quote name='Royvedas']I hear ya!

In JRPGS everyone are truly Messiahs and/or always related in some strange way. Your enemy is most likely your brother or something like that. Often the girls looks like they are 12 years old and the magic is way too overexposed. It sickens me.[/QUOTE]

Say's the guy with Roy Vedas as his username...

[quote name='totallyepic']say's the guy with legend of spyro as his last played game...
Say's the guy with roy vedas as his username...[/quote]

omg rotfl

[quote name='TotallyEpic']Say's the guy with Legend Of Spyro as his last played game...[/QUOTE]

There are two ways to find out if a game sucks.

1/ Play it, like I did with Legend of Spyro.
2/ Check it's genre and see if it's a JRPG.

;)

With The Legend of Spyro, I only got one achievement, so it's obvious I didn't play it long. Also, since playing The Legend of Spyro I've played Spyro 1, Ico and Condemned 2. :)

Or you could just accept that alternate people have different tastes and not attempt to impose a big-headed opinion as though it were a fact but then who am I to try talking sense?

[quote name='Exu']Or you could just accept that alternate people have different tastes and not attempt to impose a big-headed opinion as though it were a fact but then who am I to try talking sense?[/QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with opinions.

JRPG's are rubbish. FACT.

Anyone who says otherwise is, inarguably, wrong and they are not your friend.

Your Opinion is rubbish and nobody cares.

FACT.

Seriously if someone likes a game why do you care? Why are you even posting in a thread for a JRPG if you hate it so much?

[quote name='Nenheb']Your Opinion is rubbish and nobody cares.

FACT.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. :shame:

JRPG's are holding the industry back, they're as bad as the Wii's shovelware.

[quote name='SirStuie']Don't feed the trolls.[/QUOTE]

Who's trolling?

Back on topic,

seems like a real good price for a new game thats not even out yet. Never played the series or really any J-RPGs so I might give this a shot when it comes out.

[quote name='Donnelly']Anyone who says otherwise is, inarguably, wrong and they are not your friend.[/QUOTE]

I think not being your friend is fine with the majority of users here.
(Go on, have another go.)

Right then, anyone know when Zavvi are going to give out vouchers again? I'm tempted but.

[quote name='babaz75']absolutely tempting but i have FAR TOO MANY games still shrinkwrapped eyeing me from the desk...[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Exu']I think not being your friend is fine with the majority of users here.[/QUOTE]

That's not what I said.

LERN2REED.

I don't think you should post anything unnecessary comments like "JRPG's are rubbish. :nottalking:" because it sometime considered as a spam and well make you an attention seeker. Back to what this thread is about. You can get the collectors edition for £38.95 from zavvi while play is selling it for 49.99. Nice bargain I should say.

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/zavvi/10045076.product Star Ocean The Last Hope Collectors Edition

well, we cam just use this one to tell if the "new" zavvi (by thehut) will honour misprices or just can it plain. Quite interesting indeed... resurrect this thread in a couple of weeks, please

They won't honour the deal.

I ordered Star Ocean on PSP for 8.95, but they told me they had made a mistake and cancelled my order. They then put the price at 17.95. If they honour the deal you can be very happy, becuase they didn't do it for me.

Hey, if they cancel the order on me I just won't order from them again. Chances are none of you would ever order from them again, either. So they're welcome to screw themselves out of a bunch of customers if they like -- and I'll be sure to send them a polite e-mail informing them about how they just shot themselves in the foot.

However, let's hope they honor this deal and everyone goes home happy! :)

Don't buy Star Ocean: TLH is you can. It is utter crap. Horrible voice acting, a failure of a script and frankly terrifying character models.

Get something better with your money.

gr8 tnx ..nice post bro
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I'd like to echo that sentiment -- find us some crazy deals on Tales o Vesperia and Sacred 2! Cheap RPGers unite! ;)

i ordered the collector edition a day or 2 before they removed the page for it. Wonder if i will still get it lol (contacted them...so waiting for a reply).

do you think the collector's edition will actually be sold out before the price drops?
I'd love to get that one too, but 39,99 or 49,99 pounds is just too much for me want to wait till it's 30 or 19

i finally gave in and preordered my very copy
another shrinkwrapped game on my desk...

"stay a while, stay... FOREVER!" cit.

LOL

ah, zavvi is now selling it for £32.95 lol. I seriously need to get that damn reply from them about collectors edition.

in response to many fears of being scammed by zavvi, well - fear no more. a friend of mine who is on the "17.95 bandwagon" got a quick and dirty reply from zavvi customer care itself stating that users WILL GET CHARGED the exact amount that was showing when they confirmed their orders. So, if your order history shows up as 17.95 then thta will be your price.

NICE, in a week or so we will confirm

[quote name='Kaishou']you received the game??[/QUOTE]

i clearly dont think so, he was just referring to zavvi shipment times, in general speak.

My order was apparently shipped three hours ago. I'll be sure to let everyone know when it makes it to me here in Denmark!

And for the record, it states in the mail that I was charged the correct sales price. I'll be sure to confirm that with the bank later on.

bread's done
Back