[Dead] House of Dead Overkill/MadWorld (Wii) $29.97 @Amazon

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#61 bozasm

bozasm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

I was about to wait also due to my huge backlog. But I realized Platinum Games made Madworld, and they are made up of developers from Clover Studios. I love Viewtiful Joe and Okami and told myself that I'd pay retail for their next project. When I realized that, I went out and bought it realizing that regardless of my backlog, I want to support them.

#62 KiySeph

KiySeph

Ninja BOOM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:22 PM

Ug... I want to pick both of these up so badly right now, but lack of funds and huge backlog are preventing me from justifying this.
"By using the Insignificant Present, you had a very fruitful experience that cannot be understood by someone who does not use something insignificant." - Earthbound

Posted Image

Posted Image

#63 mrmoodz

mrmoodz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for posting this. I put in an order for both games. I am all about supporting non-kiddy games for the wii!!!!

#64 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

I was about to wait also due to my huge backlog. But I realized Platinum Games made Madworld, and they are made up of developers from Clover Studios. I love Viewtiful Joe and Okami and told myself that I'd pay retail for their next project. When I realized that, I went out and bought it realizing that regardless of my backlog, I want to support them.

This.

I'm sorry I didn't support you last time, Clover. I'll make it right this time.

Posted Image

#65 The Journalist

The Journalist

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

Both of these games are more than worth $30. I paid $50 each for both and have no regrets doing so.

Yeah HOTD:O is shortish but it's got loads of replay value. Same with MadWorld. You don't play the levels once and never go back; they're score-attack games and they give plenty of incentive to go back.

Heck, I'd gladly pay $30 just for the Bloodbath Challenges in MadWorld. Man Golf FTW!

To summarize, buy these games.

#66 cb4774

cb4774

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:48 AM

HOTD: O arrived today and it's outstanding! I love the "grindhouse" movies that it's based on and it's pretty much a carbon copy of those flicks. I can't believe a game with that many f-bombs is on the Wii...that's just great! :applause:

#67 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:57 AM

I don't see how you can replay Madworld. Playing Madworld for score attack requires that you play it in an unfun way. Grinding every stake to stick into one guy and killing them all the same point-maximum way for 30 minutes and entering the boss door at 29:59 exactly.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#68 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:55 AM

Who didn't see these price drops coming? Despite low sales Sega claimed they were "happy"? More like they wanted people to somehow buy in that these games would stay high for awhile. Looks like another unsuccesful non-Sonic game to sell decently on the Wii from the wonderful guys who brought us the Dreamcast.

I will pick up overkill when theres a sale for either $15 or $20. Madworld I want to get, but the short time to complete makes me want to wait to even $10 or less, and I was seriously hyped for that game once to.

#69 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:19 PM

HotD:OK is mediocre. I was really disappointed that the developer didn't try to do more with the genre. Sure shooting things with the wiimote is fun, but the developer's ambitions didn't seem to go past that.

But for $30 it's worth checking out.

Madworld is much more interesting. Great style and concept. Only problem I had was the controls do their own thing sometimes. I didn't get that far into MW. But what I played I enjoyed.

#70 Keavy_Rain

Keavy_Rain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

I bought Overkill day one (HUGE HotD fan) and I was so not disappointed. Now, of course, I'm going to grab Madworld to go with it. I was unsure about that game at $50 but am totally cool with it at $30.
"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand" - Homer Simpson

#71 n2Deepeth

n2Deepeth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:22 PM

I hope the ECA discount comes back soon. I'd like to buy MadWorld.

House of the Dead, not so much.

#72 mrmoodz

mrmoodz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

Damn, I ordered both games on the 19th and Amazon states estimated shipping is 5/26. I've used their free shipping in the past and didn't have this long of a wait. I guess it gives me more time to clear some back logged titles.

#73 The Journalist

The Journalist

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

Their shipping date is wonky. I preordered Punch-Out!! from them ($10 off, woo!) and it gave me a ship date of the 25th; it arrived today, four days before it was supposed to leave the warehouse.

Underpromise, overdeliver, I guess.

#74 gryphter

gryphter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:12 PM

This is dead, MadWorld is back at $50 and HotD Overkill is at $45

#75 microcuts777

microcuts777

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

This deal is (unfortunately) dead - looks like I waited too long...

Madworld is still $30 @ Gamestop/EBGames though if anyone else missed out.

#76 zeeb8

zeeb8

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:08 PM

According to logicbuy the sale was supposed to have gone on until May 27th. I've frequently seen the site post outdated info (they kept mis-listing R6V1 as R6V2), however every once in awhile I have seen a sale price return after a day or two on amazon.

If anyone does know the mechanics of how amazon does their pricing, or how logicbuy lists the date please share. But anyway the sale might be coming back briefly, and if so I think I will bite.

#77 n2Deepeth

n2Deepeth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

Damn, is Clover Studios cursed with bad sales or something? I loved every one of their games, including VJ, Godhand, and Okami, and I'll probably like this one too, but it's a shame that they don't sell well.

I guess changing the name didn't help.

I was going to get this too, but I was waiting on the ECA coupons to update, and now they're here only after the sale was over.

#78 rainking187

rainking187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:00 PM

This is dead, MadWorld is back at $50 and HotD Overkill is at $45

Huh, I figured these were permanent drops.

#79 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 10:06 PM

As soon as I saw this deal was dead yesterday, I went over to TRU to get both for $49.99 each, plus a free $50 Gift Card (this week's promotion). For me, this is a slightly better deal than what Amazon had anyway.