CAG iphone app

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianoid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Have you thought about a CAG iPhone app? You could give it out for free to get people to use affiliate links, or charge 99 cents for it. It could allow for wishlists, price checks, all the cool stuff you have implemented for shopping on the site. And I could shop on the toilet. You could even give forum access for those lifestyle CAGs who like to talk to other cheap gamers. But I favor just having deal forum access.

I would love to check prices on the way home- say I drive by a Best Buy, a Game Stop and a Walmart. I could check the price on a game that I want, and choose only to see prices at places I will be near. Maybe you could even have discount code arrangements for B&Ms. And you could also show internet prices to tempt folks to use affiliate links. For example, you could have a button that says "email myself (or anyone) a link to buy this game" so folks could just buy the item when they get home or have net access, and to attempt to ensure those affiliate bucks stay with you.

I think it's something to seriously consider. Although I'm betting you already have.

Yes, we will make an iphone app when those other features are operational.

You can already get an iphone friendly forum view by clicking on the iphone link that appears when using an iphone to read the forums.

I'm on the iPhone friendly view now and it would be nice if there was a link to the blogs...I can't get to them without switching back to regular view...just an idea.

Can't wait for a Iphone app ! Even by a chance you charge $.99 or something for it i will pick it up. Another request however would be a Cell Phone forum, so we can keep up to date on deals, or freebies.

There's. Site for iPhone apps it's 148freeapps.com I think shipwreck has said something about it before

[quote name='ianoid']Have you thought about a CAG iPhone app? You could give it out for free to get people to use affiliate links, or charge 99 cents for it. It could allow for wishlists, price checks, all the cool stuff you have implemented for shopping on the site. And I could shop on the toilet. You could even give forum access for those lifestyle CAGs who like to talk to other cheap gamers. But I favor just having deal forum access.

I would love to check prices on the way home- say I drive by a Best Buy, a Game Stop and a Walmart. I could check the price on a game that I want, and choose only to see prices at places I will be near. Maybe you could even have discount code arrangements for B&Ms. And you could also show internet prices to tempt folks to use affiliate links. For example, you could have a button that says "email myself (or anyone) a link to buy this game" so folks could just buy the item when they get home or have net access, and to attempt to ensure those affiliate bucks stay with you.

I think it's something to seriously consider. Although I'm betting you already have.[/QUOTE]

I know this thread is about 2 years old. But is there any update on the iphone app? I would put some money down if with in reason to buy this app! HOW ABOUT IT CHEAPY D!!!

We're switching over to different forum software at the moment, so the chances of the app being submitted before then are slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back