Resident Evil 2 for GameCube $19.99 new at Amazon

That is an excellent deal. The game itself is great and you can play it on a Wii if you don't have a Gamecube any longer.

You probably won't find a much better deal if you are looking to collect the series on Gamecube.

[quote name='the_punisher']Did you just call someone a twat?[/QUOTE]

It certainly looks like it. And he gets a thumbs up for it.

Nintendo sold 20 million Gamecubes and turned a profit while doing it. It was far from a failure - it just wasn't as successful as its contemporaries. Sony has sold 20 million PS3s and has lost money the whole way.

I'd jump on this in a sec if I could actually bring myself to beat REmake with it's stupid controls. I know capcom is re-releasing 0 on the wii, but i've heard rumors of 1 and 2 as well. Anyone know if it's true?

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']I'd jump on this in a sec if I could actually bring myself to beat REmake with it's stupid controls. I know capcom is re-releasing 0 on the wii, but i've heard rumors of 1 and 2 as well. Anyone know if it's true?[/QUOTE]
REmake is being re-released on the Wii. It is a carbon copy of the GC version.

RE2 is sort of being remade in the lightgun shooter RE: Darkside Chronicles.

As for this specific deal, it is a straight PS1-to-GC port. No graphical upgrades or anything.

[quote name='Gohan']REmake is being re-released on the Wii. It is a carbon copy of the GC version.

As for this specific deal, it is a straight PS1-to-GC port. No graphical upgrades or anything.[/QUOTE]

I thought the RE-RE-RE-make (actually there are more than 3 RE1 remakes and ports) of RE1 was a Wii Japan exclusive. I hope it comes to the states though.

I fu@king loved RE4 on the Wii. Too bad capcom is busy pumping out mediocre RE rail shooters on the Wii. Maybe if I get lucky capcom will patch RE5 with either the 360's or PS3's (alleged new motion controls).

[quote name='Sk']I thought the RE-RE-RE-make (actually there are more than 3 RE1 remakes and ports) of RE1 was a Wii Japan exclusive. I hope it comes to the states though.

I fu@king loved RE4 on the Wii. Too bad capcom is busy pumping out mediocre RE rail shooters on the Wii. Maybe if I get lucky capcom will patch RE5 with either the 360's or PS3's (alleged new motion controls).[/QUOTE]

It was a Japan exclusive. Capcom's bringing it and Resident Evil Zero (Wii) to the U.S. in the form of Resident Evil Archives. The two titles will be sold separately with a price tag of $29.99.

[quote name='chipper']I think I'm gonna jump on this.
00.gif
151l1259.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Myself as well, actually. I've been wanting to pick this up for a while, and this is a good excuse.

[quote name='Gohan']REmake is being re-released on the Wii. It is a carbon copy of the GC version.

As for this specific deal, it is a straight PS1-to-GC port. No graphical upgrades or anything.[/QUOTE]
It is a port of the Dual Shock version, and has higher resolution. However, it's been this price on Amazon for at least half a year. I've been following it and will continue to wait for a cheaper price new or used.

[quote name='PaRappa/GMRTAG']Any idea if both RE2 and RE3 are NOT Player's Choice version?[/QUOTE]

Would be highly unlikely that it isn't Player's Choice, unless you are buying a used copy.

[quote name='PaRappa/GMRTAG']Any idea if both RE2 and RE3 are NOT Player's Choice version?[/QUOTE]They're not Player's Choice. RE2 & 3 were the only 'Cube RE games that didn't hit Player's Choice. These are 99.9% likely the reprints made a year or two ago, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them.

YOU are the "twat" for using stupid phrases like "ill BITE on this deal"

hahaha you loser. i bet you still go to school. hahaa

[quote name='Thrinn']They're not Player's Choice. RE2 & 3 were the only 'Cube RE games that didn't hit Player's Choice. These are 99.9% likely the reprints made a year or two ago, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Ordered both.

[quote name='Gohan']

That's actually not true. It's a direct port of the Dreamcast port which was a port of the N64 release which was a port of the PSX release. It just looks like garbage as the other DC ports did :)

Do not forget "Resident Evil Archives" (wii) coming out 6/23/09 and "Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil 0" (wii) coming out around Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (wii) Released. :)

Considering that Capcom will be bringin PS1 titles to PSN soonish. I'll just a wait a bit longer. I mean RE2 is probably Capcom's biggest game so it would surprise me if it wasnt one of them.

[quote name='barom']Considering that Capcom will be bringin PS1 titles to PSN soonish. I'll just a wait a bit longer. I mean RE2 is probably Capcom's biggest game so it would surprise me if it wasnt one of them.[/QUOTE]
But if it's a port, then it wouldn't have the improve graphics that the GC version has.

Is there anything of note about the GC version btw? Like extra stuff, bugs, glitches, etc.?

[quote name='eddie291']Is there anything of note about the GC version btw? Like extra stuff, bugs, glitches, etc.?[/QUOTE]

The all-knowing Wikipedia says...
[quote name='Wikipedia']The Nintendo GameCube version, released in 2003, is identical to the PlayStation's Dual Shock Version in terms of content, featuring only a minimal set of improvements such as skippable cut scenes and a higher frame rate for the game's FMV sequences.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eddie291']But if it's a port, then it wouldn't have the improve graphics that the GC version has.

Is there anything of note about the GC version btw? Like extra stuff, bugs, glitches, etc.?[/QUOTE]

I dont even think they improved the graphics at all for RE2 on the gamecube like they did for the first one....

Taken from the Resident Evil 2 Wiki:

The Nintendo GameCube version, released in 2003, is identical to the PlayStation's Dual Shock Version in terms of content, featuring only a minimal set of improvements such as skippable cut scenes and a higher frame rate for the game's FMV sequences.

Back on topic, Thanks OP this one is the only one im missing for the gamecube collection!

I have two rewards cards in the mail from my Amazon credit card. If this deal is still active when they arrive, I know what I'm getting. I no longer have my ps1 copy, and would love to play this again on the GC.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']That's actually not true. It's a direct port of the Dreamcast port which was a port of the N64 release which was a port of the PSX release. It just looks like garbage as the other DC ports did :)[/QUOTE]
I don't think this is true. The GC version is a port of the PS1 Dual Shock game. The N64 port is a port of the PS1 game and had many changes made to it to fit on cart. The DC port was a port of the PS1 or PC port. They did not simply port from each release onto the next release and different developers handled some of the ports.

Just ordered. I have been trying to pick up a copy for a while and then I watched episode 3 of Spaced last night and that sealed it - I was buying it today. And now this is posted. It was, like, destiny n'$h*t.

Did they just manufacture some more copies or did they find a big leftover shipment somewhere? I thought these titles were scarce and hard to find new =] Either way, very good deal if you want to catch RE1 and RE2 on the gamecube. From the look so the game artwork, it looks like the graphics have been improved a bit over the PS1 versions.

Seems like a good deal, considering how rare it is or was. I think I'll wait for the PSN release, which should upconvert to 1080p.

[quote name='62t']those games were rare, but there was a reprint[/QUOTE]

Interesting! Where'd you find out about this info? I tried googling but couldn't find any sites that would produce numbers on how many games are produced by each publisher, etc.

[quote name='eddie291']But if it's a port, then it wouldn't have the improve graphics that the GC version has.

Is there anything of note about the GC version btw? Like extra stuff, bugs, glitches, etc.?[/QUOTE]

What little improvements is not noticeable and honestly the PSN version is 'likely' to be half the price or cheaper (10$ like Castlevania or 6$ like every other PS1 game).

Still though, for those that collects these stuff. It's a great deal nonetheless. Just saying that a better deal might come soon.

My issue with PSN releases is that you cannot sell them when you are done with them.

I prefer phyiscal media that is not tied to an account ... one reason why I have shifted from PC gaming to Console gaming. With all the Steam activations and limited installs, I was building a large library that I was permanently stuck with.

[quote name='flix1']My issue with PSN releases is that you cannot sell them when you are done with them.

I prefer phyiscal media that is not tied to an account ... one reason why I have shifted from PC gaming to Console gaming. With all the Steam activations and limited installs, I was building a large library that I was permanently stuck with.[/QUOTE]

Me too, but more because I like to have the game to stick on a shelf and look at.

bread's done
Back