Resident Evil 2 for GameCube $19.99 new at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 wgsquallx2002

wgsquallx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:06 AM

Did they just manufacture some more copies or did they find a big leftover shipment somewhere? I thought these titles were scarce and hard to find new =] Either way, very good deal if you want to catch RE1 and RE2 on the gamecube. From the look so the game artwork, it looks like the graphics have been improved a bit over the PS1 versions.

#32 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

Seems like a good deal, considering how rare it is or was. I think I'll wait for the PSN release, which should upconvert to 1080p.

#33 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

those games were rare, but there was a reprint

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#34 wgsquallx2002

wgsquallx2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:04 AM

those games were rare, but there was a reprint

Interesting! Where'd you find out about this info? I tried googling but couldn't find any sites that would produce numbers on how many games are produced by each publisher, etc.

#35 barom

barom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:08 AM

But if it's a port, then it wouldn't have the improve graphics that the GC version has.

Is there anything of note about the GC version btw? Like extra stuff, bugs, glitches, etc.?

What little improvements is not noticeable and honestly the PSN version is 'likely' to be half the price or cheaper (10$ like Castlevania or 6$ like every other PS1 game).

Still though, for those that collects these stuff. It's a great deal nonetheless. Just saying that a better deal might come soon.

#36 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:39 PM

My issue with PSN releases is that you cannot sell them when you are done with them.

I prefer phyiscal media that is not tied to an account ... one reason why I have shifted from PC gaming to Console gaming. With all the Steam activations and limited installs, I was building a large library that I was permanently stuck with.

#37 blackhole82

blackhole82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:50 PM

I think I still have my PS1 copy of this game.
Posted Image

#38 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

My issue with PSN releases is that you cannot sell them when you are done with them.

I prefer phyiscal media that is not tied to an account ... one reason why I have shifted from PC gaming to Console gaming. With all the Steam activations and limited installs, I was building a large library that I was permanently stuck with.

Me too, but more because I like to have the game to stick on a shelf and look at.

33126.png

#39 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

Interesting! Where'd you find out about this info? I tried googling but couldn't find any sites that would produce numbers on how many games are produced by each publisher, etc.

This link explains a bit about the company that gets the reprints made: http://www.siliconer...ss-of-reprints/

#40 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

I want to jump on this, but if it will come to PSN, I may just wait

#41 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

What I want to know is why RE:CVX on the gamecube is so much harder to find and more expensive than any of the other RE games on the system.

#42 lombarvm

lombarvm

Chief Boot Knocka

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

What I want to know is why RE:CVX on the gamecube is so much harder to find and more expensive than any of the other RE games on the system.

I have noticed the same thing. The game is too expensive for my taste, and is impossible to find anywhere but ebay.
Posted Image

#43 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Nice find OP. This game is usually really expensive and hard to find new.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

It's worth 20 bucks if it's absolutely the only way you can play it, but you can get the Dreamcast or PSX version for cheaper I'm sure, and it would look better (particularly the Dreamcast version).

#45 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

I have noticed the same thing. The game is too expensive for my taste, and is impossible to find anywhere but ebay.

Cool! Time to sell my new, sealed copy on eBay.

#46 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:32 PM

http://www.gamesetwa...eprints_rar.php

That because RE Remake and RE Zero both became Player Choice, and RE 2 and 3 got a reprint. CVX didnt get a second print.

#47 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:06 PM

That because RE Remake and RE Zero both became Player Choice, and RE 2 and 3 got a reprint. CVX didnt get a second print.

Well I kinda assumed that at this point , it was more a question of why RE2 & 3 got a reprint , but CVX didn't?

Maybe it was because the PS2 version was (and still is) pretty cheap and easy to find , whereas the others are PS1 games that aren't readily available.

#48 me_schnitzel

me_schnitzel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

I currently own all the RE-Rereleases on Gamecube except for CVX as it is too damn expensive. However if they put the games out on PSN then I'll be buying all three again just to bring them along on the PSP.

By the way, the Resident Evil port on DS is really fun if you like the original RE game over the Gamecube remake (which I'm not really a fan of)
"We ride with kings on mighty steeds across the Devil's plain!" - The D

#49 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Well I kinda assumed that at this point , it was more a question of why RE2 & 3 got a reprint , but CVX didn't?

Maybe it was because the PS2 version was (and still is) pretty cheap and easy to find , whereas the others are PS1 games that aren't readily available.

When they did the reprint in 2006 RE2 and 3 were rare, but you could still get RECVX for a reasonable price.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#50 mrg

mrg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:10 PM

Thanks OP. I'll consider picking these up as I've been waiting for them to drop in price.

Still not cheap enough in my book.
Gaming is a great stress reliever. It better be for all the darn frustration it creates.

#51 WhoDey

WhoDey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:39 AM

I actually found RE:CVX during one of those infamous Circuit City sales a few years ago for $5.99. Man I miss those sales.

#52 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:27 PM

Saw there was only one left in stock, so I ended up jumping on this deal

#53 J7.

J7.

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:18 PM

Wish people hadn't jumped on this yet, it would've gone lower. It had been this price for 6-12 months. Oh well, it's now available for $19.74 shipping included from Hubbagames.

#54 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:27 AM

back in stock at amazon if anyone else needs this game

#55 Aristas

Aristas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:46 AM

i have the ps1 versions should i upgrade and by the gc versions?

#56 gregnied

gregnied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:57 AM

i have the ps1 versions should i upgrade and by the gc versions?

same exact thing, if your PS1 discs are in good working condition and you have a system to play it on, I would not buy it.

#57 ItsaMeMario

ItsaMeMario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

I've been looking for a copy every time I go to a game store for at least the past two years, and have yet to see an actual copy of this game...

#58 joemoedee

joemoedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

I've been looking for a copy every time I go to a game store for at least the past two years, and have yet to see an actual copy of this game...

That's odd, the GameStop by me typically has multiple copies of it. They probably still have the one I traded in back a few months ago.
Posted Image

#59 joemoedee

joemoedee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:19 AM

same exact thing, if your PS1 discs are in good working condition and you have a system to play it on, I would not buy it.

IIRC, the Gamecube versions were ports of the Dreamcast versions, and not the PS1 versions.
Posted Image

#60 J7.

J7.

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:26 AM

IIRC, the Gamecube versions were ports of the Dreamcast versions, and not the PS1 versions.

http://www.cheapassg...76&postcount=27