- - - - -

Consolidated Ghostbusters preorder & in-store deals

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#271 Tounge73

Tounge73

Posted 19 June 2009 - 12:26 AM

anyone have a link to the toys r us ad?

edit. never mind , i found it , if anyone else need it : http://toysrus.shopl...ion=entryflash

Edited by Tounge73, 19 June 2009 - 12:41 AM.

#272 reddjoey

reddjoey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:13 AM

just picked up the last copy @ BB today. I've never had luck with getting a PM on the GC. Guess I'll go back and argue tomorrow

#273 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:16 AM

In this particular price match $20 was being taken off of the retail price. I could give a shit if they offered me a $20 gift card, and if that was the case I would've bought it anywhere else that offered that particular deal. However, I was in it to get the game discounted just like everyone else was.

So you're saying that you still would have still complained/been unhappy if they'd offered to match the TRU deal exactly and give you a $20 gift card? I was right with you up until this point, but if that's what you're saying . . .

A price match is a price match -- you are not entitled to, nor is the store required to give you, anything more than exactly what the competitor that they're matching is offering. That some people managed to get more than that (in this case, a straight-up discount instead of a gift card) is great -- but if you're going into the store expecting them to do more than match what the competitor is doing, you're being kind of a jerk.

Again, from the Best Buy policy:

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?
The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

Note the part that I bolded and italicized -- in other words, they are perfectly within their rights by their own stated policy to give you a matching gift card. If you hassle them beyond that, you are doing nothing but making them that much more hostile to doing price matching in the first place, which means that the next time you or someone else goes in looking for a price match, they'll be that much more likely to look for a reason to refuse it.

#274 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

I called and filed a complaint with consumer relations. She would not compensate me in any way possible. Did I go about it wrong?

aporter when I made my last complaint I got an email asking me to rate my customer service experience with Best Buy. My incident happened on a Sunday, and I got an email on Monday or Tuesday. I have a Rewards Zone membership there, credit card, and have made orders on BB.com before so I don't know if you'll get the same treatment or not.

I left a negative review stating it was mainly about the store for that situation and others when on Wednesday I got a call from "a new special customer service group" at Best Buy corporate, ie corporate customer care. Explained my dissatisfaction was mainly with the Fenton, MO store and not the person I talked to on the phone and I was offered a $20 gift card (cost of the item I was trying to PM) and told they would be in contact with the store. I've not had an issue with anything at that store since.

I was given a phone number and if you need it, PM me and I'll give it to you. You'll need the store where the incident took place and possibly some info on your initial call. Don't say where you got it, just that you found it on the internet. If you do talk to this group, be polite and calm, but firm with them and explain the situation like an adult.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#275 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:35 PM

Out of curiosity, did anyone here at CAG pre-order/order Ghostbusters from Amazon?

I'm only asking because as of late, they have been using FedEx to ship their packages rather than directly to USPS. And I must say, FedEx has to be one of the slowest and worst, along with UPS, shipping companies I have ever had the displeasure of having as a carrier.

Since Amazon started using FedEx to ship their packages, shipment times have at least doubled for me.

#276 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

So you're saying that you still would have still complained/been unhappy if they'd offered to match the TRU deal exactly and give you a $20 gift card? I was right with you up until this point, but if that's what you're saying . . .

A price match is a price match -- you are not entitled to, nor is the store required to give you, anything more than exactly what the competitor that they're matching is offering. That some people managed to get more than that (in this case, a straight-up discount instead of a gift card) is great -- but if you're going into the store expecting them to do more than match what the competitor is doing, you're being kind of a jerk.

Again, from the Best Buy policy:

Note the part that I bolded and italicized -- in other words, they are perfectly within their rights by their own stated policy to give you a matching gift card. If you hassle them beyond that, you are doing nothing but making them that much more hostile to doing price matching in the first place, which means that the next time you or someone else goes in looking for a price match, they'll be that much more likely to look for a reason to refuse it.

You did read my posts right? I made it clear how I was pissed that particular Best Buy stores weren't abiding by their own policies. None offered me a gift card, and if they did I would've been content with them at least following their policies. I'm complaining, as are plenty of other CAGs, about their lack of keeping up with what they make clear to the public. Please don't come at me if you don't have the common sense to comprehend simple posts as mine.

Obviously you were never "with me".

#277 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

You did read my posts right? I made it clear how I was pissed that particular Best Buy stores weren't abiding by their own policies. None offered me a gift card, and if they did I would've been content with them at least following their policies. I'm complaining, as are plenty of other CAGs, about their lack of keeping up with what they make clear to the public. Please don't come at me if you don't have a clear grasp of the thread that your posting on.

Obviously you were never "with me".

As I said, I was with you on your complaint about Best Buy refusing to do any sort of match for you. That was, indeed, bullshit, and they should have offered you a gift card. However, then you took it a step further, and stated that even a gift card wouldn't have been enough. That's not cool, and honestly, it makes me wonder how you approached them, and whether that may have gotten you turned down. Because honestly, if I were them and you had come to me demanding that I just flat-out give you $20 off, I'd have turned you down too, and less than politely at that.

Sometimes the sense of entitlement around here just flat-out amazes me.

#278 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

As I said, I was with you on your complaint about Best Buy refusing to do any sort of match for you. That was, indeed, bullshit, and they should have offered you a gift card. However, then you took it a step further, and stated that even a gift card wouldn't have been enough. That's not cool, and honestly, it makes me wonder how you approached them, and whether that may have gotten you turned down. Because honestly, if I were them and you had come to me demanding that I just flat-out give you $20 off, I'd have turned you down too, and less than politely at that.

Sometimes the sense of entitlement around here just flat-out amazes me.

I said I could give a shit if they gave me a gift card. I was interested in getting $20 off like other CAGs were reporting. I never said it wasn't good enough. I clearly stated I could give a shit, as in I wasn't interested and would've went to TRU if I wanted one.

Get your shit straight. Jackass.

#279 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

I said I could give a shit if they gave me a gift card. I was interested in getting $20 off like other CAGs were reporting. I never said it wasn't good enough. I clearly stated I could give a shit, as in I wasn't interested and would've went to TRU if I wanted one.

Get your shit straight. Jackass.

Wow. Yup, you're a winner. Have fun with that game you didn't get.

#280 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:36 PM

I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, and in the nicest way possible I'm going to ask you something.

You do realize this is a site dedicated to finding "awesome deals" right?

In this particular price match $20 was being taken off of the retail price. I could give a shit if they offered me a $20 gift card, and if that was the case I would've bought it anywhere else that offered that particular deal. However, I was in it to get the game discounted just like everyone else was.

What else can I do to prove you wrong here? I never stated a gift card was below me. I made it clear here I was in it for the discount that other CAGs were reporting.

#281 aporter727

aporter727

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 09:40 PM

Wow. Yup, you're a winner. Have fun with that game you didn't get.

I did get the game you douche. Did you not read my posts? I clearly state I got it price matched, with the $20 off from a GOOD Best Buy.

You're the real winner here, asshole.

#282 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:49 PM

I did get the game you douche. Did you not read my posts? I clearly state I got it price matched, with the $20 off from a GOOD Best Buy.

You're the real winner here, asshole.

Sorry I didn't memorize your posts, or go back and read each and every one of them again. For having gotten the game in the long run, you sure are whining a lot.

#283 arcane93

arcane93

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:51 PM

What else can I do to prove you wrong here? I never stated a gift card was below me. I made it clear here I was in it for the discount that other CAGs were reporting.

Right. And my response to you was that, while that discount was all well and good for those that did manage to get it, it was above and beyond what Best Buy's policy requires them to give to you. The only thing their policy requires them to match is giving an equal gift card. Those people that got a discount instead got lucky, but it doesn't mean that you'll get the same thing, or that you are the least bit entitled to it. If you did manage to find a store that would do it for you, then good for you, but it's not what they have to do. What part are you having difficulty understanding here?

I don't know why I'm even justifying this with a response anymore.