Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

I think GS is the obvious choice here.

#32 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

I think GS is the obvious choice here.

That depends. I got a strange look when I asked about the movie cash. Also, if get there and my game has been opened and gutted, I'll be pissed.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#33 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:34 PM

Best Buy version here...

#34 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

Where's the info on the Best Buy and Walmart website regarding the pre-order bonuses?

#35 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:11 PM

That depends. I got a strange look when I asked about the movie cash. Also, if get there and my game has been opened and gutted, I'll be pissed.

Hmmm, don't really see how a strange looks means much. Just tell them to look on their own website or in their system. The promo will be there. And a pre-order game should not be opened.

#36 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

Hmmm, don't really see how a strange looks means much. Just tell them to look on their own website or in their system. The promo will be there. And a pre-order game should not be opened.

The cashier didn't know what I was talking about, which made me balk on ordering that day.
I should have said I got only a blank stare and a shrug when I asked about the movie cash.

My Trade list:

#37 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

Well, like I just said, tell them to look on their own website or in their computer system. The offer is right there. Not that hard.

#38 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

You know, I took a good long look at that Stay Puft figure and came to two conclusions:

A) It IS plastic, but it's a kind of "hollow" plastic. The cheap thin kind.

or

B) It's not plastic, but an inflatable.

I think it's more than likely A, but that seam line through the middle of his head (and over his cap), gives me these impressions.

Well, regardless, unless I see high-res pictures of that "figure", I'm not going to be pre-ordering Ghostbusters. Despite that, I am very much looking forward to the game. It is very high up on my aniticipated games list.

It looks just like the one released with the Toys for the cartoon. In which case, it's hollow, flexible rubber.

#39 cycophuk

cycophuk

Left to my own devices

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:59 PM

I'd just be happy if they would scrap all pre-order bonuses and offer these extras as DLC so choosing where I buy a game isn't a serious debate.

#40 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

I was caving for the slimer edition until I saw the stupid ass "amazon.com" banner on the cover of the game... way to ruin a sweet package...

#41 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

After doing some research, it looks like all the codes come packaged with the game at the various establishments. So I don't know if it's necessary to preorder any of the games (except for maybe game crazy with the stay puft man and gamestop for the t-shirt.)

Anybody have any experience with packed-in codes and how they do it? Any one think this is going to be like burnout paradise and the codes are just going to be generic like "gamestop" and "bestbuy" and so on?

#42 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

Most codes come on a little card or something they hand you at the pickup, not packaged in-game...

#43 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:50 AM

I'll probably pre-order this when I pick up Prototype on Tuesday.

#44 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:34 AM

Man...I want that black Ghostbusters costume from GS. I liked that suit from GB2 alot.
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#45 bbf

bbf

Posted 08 June 2009 - 07:43 AM

Of note, the PC version at Ghostbusters at GameStop and BestBuy are $30 which is about $10 less than all the other places. I'm not sure if the in-game bonuses are available on the PC version... at least the guys at gamestop said that the t-shirt comes with the PC version.

#46 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:30 PM

Updated OP to reflect the TRU $20 GC deal.

My Trade list:

#47 Ecto311

Ecto311

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:40 PM

Gamestop also has a poster up showing the game getting you 30% more on your trade in games.

#48 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Gamestop also has a poster up showing the game getting you 30% more on your trade in games.

Can anyone else verify the trade in bonus?

My Trade list:

#49 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:47 PM

Yeah it's up on Gamestops website. Also I traded RE 5 towards Ghostbusters and got $35 for it with the extra 30% and edge card.

#50 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:50 PM

Updated OP
also 8.0/10 from IGN

My Trade list:

#51 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghosbusters game): Animal crossing: city folk, bionic commando, cod:waw (ps3, 360), chronicles of riddick: dark athena, fallout 3, fear 2: porject orgin, fuel, the godfather 2, halo wars, infamous, killzone 2, left 4 dead, little big planet, mad world, mario kart (wii), mk vs dc, prototype, punch-out, re5, street fighter 4, & super smash bros brawl.

I figured this would be helpful for those who want to get it from Game Crazy.

I was gonna post the ad from the e-mail itself, but i don't know how to post pics, i thought i could just attach them but i didn't see a place for that.

#52 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

Op Updated, with Gamecrazy trade in deal.

My Trade list:

#53 wowzors

wowzors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 10:00 PM

I received an e-mail from Game Crazy saying that not only do you get the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man Figure for pre-ordering but if you trade in any of the following games you get $30 credit (as long as you trade them in towards the purchase of the Ghosbusters game): Animal crossing: city folk, bionic commando, cod:waw (ps3, 360), chronicles of riddick: dark athena, fallout 3, fear 2: porject orgin, fuel, the godfather 2, halo wars, infamous, killzone 2, left 4 dead, little big planet, mad world, mario kart (wii), mk vs dc, prototype, punch-out, re5, street fighter 4, & super smash bros brawl.

I figured this would be helpful for those who want to get it from Game Crazy.

I was gonna post the ad from the e-mail itself, but i don't know how to post pics, i thought i could just attach them but i didn't see a place for that.

So i could trade in re5,left 4 dead, and halo wars and get 90 dollars twoards 2 copies of GB, and get a gift receipt and trade both those copies back in for just pure credit?

#54 seventh_sage

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:14 AM

So i could trade in re5,left 4 dead, and halo wars and get 90 dollars twoards 2 copies of GB, and get a gift receipt and trade both those copies back in for just pure credit?

The e-mail i got said nothing about being able to stack trade-ins together. my guess would be that you could only do one trade-in per copy of GB, but you would have to ask to verify. as far as trading them in with the gift receipt to get pure credit, i don't know exactly what Game Crazy's return policy is so you would be better off asking them as well. sorry i'm not a lot of help with your question.

also if anybody wants a copy of the e-mail just PM me & i'll be happy to forward it to you.

#55 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:23 AM

I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm hoping the PC version is not necessarily a straight port from the console, with at least a little tweaking being done to accommodate it properly on the platform.

Anyone have any insight or knowledge to this? As much as I'd love to get this for my 360, I'm not sure I will enjoy playing a game with this perspective without my handy mouse and keyboard :)

Also has anyone confirmed with their Gamecrazy the detail of the figure?
Posted Image

#56 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm hoping the PC version is not necessarily a straight port from the console, with at least a little tweaking being done to accommodate it properly on the platform.

Anyone have any insight or knowledge to this? As much as I'd love to get this for my 360, I'm not sure I will enjoy playing a game with this perspective without my handy mouse and keyboard :)

Also has anyone confirmed with their Gamecrazy the detail of the figure?

There is very little info on the PC version sorry... But do companies still do that? I know for sure that they developed the 360/PS3 versions seperately (at least when it came to fine tuning) so I'm sure they did the same for the PC. Saving $ is always great, what I would be concerned about is how multiplayer is handled via the PC. Not much detail on that at all I'm afraid.

And did the Amazon version sell out? I run back through the thread but I can't order so I figured they are gone. Not really for me, but slipping in a unique item like the Slimer statue by the movie sculpter was a nice touch.

One week left!

2ic4l5j.jpg

#57 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

I was going to get the PC version but I'm afraid of the DRM after Riddick and according to Atari's site the PC version release date isn't until June 23 (though retailers still seem to be saying the 16th). Unless we find out there's little to no DRM and it's released day and date of the console versions I'll go with a 360 copy from Toys R Us to get the gift card. This is a game I have to have on day 1 since Ghostbusters is my favorite film of all time.

If the PC version has an active modding community I'll have to pick it up down the line.
Posted Image

#58 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:21 AM

I was going to get the PC version but I'm afraid of the DRM after Riddick and according to Atari's site the PC version release date isn't until June 23 (though retailers still seem to be saying the 16th). Unless we find out there's little to no DRM and it's released day and date of the console versions I'll go with a 360 copy from Toys R Us to get the gift card. This is a game I have to have on day 1 since Ghostbusters is my favorite film of all time.

If the PC version has an active modding community I'll have to pick it up down the line.

Valid concerns... I'll zap my friend a line to see if we can dig up the info for you before Tuesday.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#59 bbf

bbf

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

Strangely enough [H]ardOCP has had quite a bit coverage on the infernal engine that's the basis for the Ghostbusters game.
There's high quality video of Ghostbusters PC running on a Core2 Quad 3.2GHz with an nVidia 280GTX.

Of note, the PS3 version will definitely be better than the 360 version since the multiple SPE's can be used by the physics engine quite well.

Video with Core 2 Quad, 280 GTX GB gameplay: http://hardocp.com/n...HVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Video of PC Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (using scenes from GB) with i7 processor: http://www.hardocp.c...HVzaWFzdCwsLDE=

Video of PS3 Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (using scenes from GB): http://www.hardocp.c...GVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

Video of PC Physics Demo of Infernal Engine (no GB scenes) with i7 processor: http://www.hardocp.c...GVudGh1c2lhc3Q=

#60 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

I can't stand my Gamecrazy, but i think i'm gonna have to preorder there for the stay puft figure.

sixteenvolt420.png