GoGamer Memorial Day Madness

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#31 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

can we stop with the free shipping garbage?

and even this failed shipping logic as quoted above....

even with shipping most of these deals are still awesome deals. and since they have tons of $1, $2, $3 and not AMAZON... they can't make a profit on free shipping.

as always, gogamer makes me place another order... damn them for having too good of deals every 48 hour sale.

This.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#32 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 02:58 PM

Is there any word between which version of Sacred 2 is better? I know both seem to have bugs, but other than that stability/# of bugs?

I guess I'm kinda assuming the PS3 version is better since its more expensive (here at least). But then again that might have nothing to do with the prices.

#33 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

Very tempted to get lost planet colonies edition at that price.

#34 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Is there any word between which version of Sacred 2 is better? I know both seem to have bugs, but other than that stability/# of bugs?

I guess I'm kinda assuming the PS3 version is better since its more expensive (here at least). But then again that might have nothing to do with the prices.

I thought I heard that the PS3 version, since came later had better bug fixes and the menu system improved for consoles.

do some research though... can't guarentee hearsay.

Very tempted to get lost planet colonies edition at that price.

GET IT

Seriously, awesome price, I paid $3 more for it on the last sale. You won't find it at another price like this.

#35 Unassuming Local Guy

Unassuming Local Guy

Not cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

Picked up Oblivion and, in mourning of 3D Realms, Prey.

#36 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament III can be activated on Steam?

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#37 SpecXero

SpecXero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:36 PM

UT 3 can be activated on steam

#38 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:37 PM

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Quake Wars and Unreal Tournament III can be activated on Steam?

UTIII can according to their retail key page

#39 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

some great deals there gonna try lotro for 5 cant go wrong there

hey and i ordered arma from you guys a while back used paypal and i was told it was on backorder been about a month never received anything on it

If you're thinking of trying LOTRO

http://www.lotro.com/trial/

Right now you can grab the game for $9.99 +30 days game time.

Also although the game card they're offering might seem like a great deal (2 months for $25), you can currently subscribe to LOTRO for $10 a month for 3 months (or $30 for 3 months). This makes the subscription rate much better deal then the game card.

A lot of other great deals to choose from there though. I might grab Shivering Isles and Call of Juarez :bouncy:.
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#40 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:44 PM

Some great deals to be had here! Might pick up BiA: Hell's Highway, Prey (for a $1???), Call of Juarez and Sam & Max Season 1. Gogamer.com, you're killing me! Stop with the great deals (i'm kidding, keep em coming!)!

#41 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

is Lair worth my time with the normal controls?

No. Awful game. Avoid at all costs. It controls like a drunken donkey still.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#42 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

I'm interested in HAWX, but I can see that game settling in that price range soon -- its odd for UBI to not have reduced the price to that level by now. Maybe they've recognized that we are waiting?

Edited by bsesb2003, 23 May 2009 - 05:02 PM.

[cp][/cp]

#43 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

just sam and max for me this time.I was going to get oblivion +expansion but i have two other rpg's to beat first.

#44 coconutexpress

coconutexpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

I'm wondering the same as you. Search 'Lair' on their site and look at the results. The interesting part is under the 'Lair (I)' info where it says "Packaging: Retail Box". Anyone else confused?

EDIT: Looking at LittleBigPlanet (I) on their site, it states "Little Big is a PAL Region Free Edition and works on any PS3"

All PS3 games are Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is region free.

#45 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 23 May 2009 - 05:46 PM

I've been kicking myself for not getting Sam & Max Season 1 on Steam last weekend (when it was $15), and now here it is again for less than $10. A great weight has been lifted from my cheap-ass shoulders.

But regarding Elder Scrolls IV: I know that I'm late to the party on this one, but I've never played anything from this series. Is it as mind-meltingly good as people say? And also, is it as massive a time commitment as people say?

#46 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:05 PM

I've been kicking myself for not getting Sam & Max Season 1 on Steam last weekend (when it was $15), and now here it is again for less than $10. A great weight has been lifted from my cheap-ass shoulders.

But regarding Elder Scrolls IV: I know that I'm late to the party on this one, but I've never played anything from this series. Is it as mind-meltingly good as people say? And also, is it as massive a time commitment as people say?

I played the 360 version. Mind-meltingly good? Yes. Time consuming, very well could be if you get side-tracked, and who doesn't get side-tracked in a good RPG. The expansion is like a 5-6 hour play, but that's a dollar an hour, and if the base game hooks ya it's a no-brainer pick up.

#47 Z(+)DIAC

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:07 PM

Is Shivering Isles worth the $5...at least for a guy who never finished the main quest in Oblivion?
Posted Image

#48 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the advice, mrosnwo. I just might take it.

I will not, however, be getting Sam & Max--because I just found out that the retail disc uses Securom, and that owning it wouldn't allow me to dodge that bullet by downloading the games from Telltale (as I could if I bought a DVD directly from them). Even at 6 bucks, that's a rip-off.

So I'm right back to wishing I'd gotten the games on Steam. Oh well.

#49 zeppfan25

zeppfan25

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

Has anyone here tried out the Razer Diamondback Mouse and Razer Lycosa Keyboard? Very tempted to get, esp. the Diamondback.

#50 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the advice, mrosnwo. I just might take it.

I will not, however, be getting Sam & Max--because I just found out that the retail disc uses Securom, and that owning it wouldn't allow me to dodge that bullet by downloading the games from Telltale (as I could if I bought a DVD directly from them). Even at 6 bucks, that's a rip-off.

So I'm right back to wishing I'd gotten the games on Steam. Oh well.

Thanks for the heads up. I was just about the pull the trigger on Sam and Max but decided not to.

#51 Jack-Hunter

Jack-Hunter

The Anti Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

I can not believe that not ONE person has brought up InFamous being $52, and are instead talking about a lot of crappier games. Facepalm.

#52 52club

52club

This ain't intramurals!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

I can not believe that not ONE person has brought up InFamous being $52, and are instead talking about a lot of crappier games. Facepalm.

Don't forget shipping, Amazon is cheaper http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20, so I would say it isn't a reflection on the game, but instead better prices exist elsewhere. BTW, my copy of InFamous shipped yesterday from Amazon.

Plus many reserved inFamous when the ECA codes were still available (extra 10% off).
Space for Rent:lol:

#53 bsesb2003

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:32 PM

Hey, we're CAG's - looking for a signifcant deal!
[cp][/cp]

#54 Zimmy

Zimmy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

Well, when you factor in GoGamer's insane shipping prices and pony express delivery times, it's not that great a deal.
Everyone will be done with the game by the time you receive it.
Posted Image

#55 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:40 PM

Just remember guys on the Terminator game for PC it has been recalled. http://www.incgamers...vation-Recalled

Not sure if Jason and the guys at GoGamer have the remanufactured copies yet. They might, just figured I'd give fair warning.

Thanks for the notice on this. I'm not sure if the newly manufactured copies are out just yet so maybe those currently for sale are the recalled copies?

#56 orthetic

orthetic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

I picked up Grand Theft Auto IV for 360. Thanks.

#57 Jasonofindy

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:32 PM

I thought I heard that the PS3 version, since came later had better bug fixes and the menu system improved for consoles.

do some research though... can't guarentee hearsay.

GET IT

Seriously, awesome price, I paid $3 more for it on the last sale. You won't find it at another price like this.

Sacred 2 released on the same day on PS3 and 360, and both have the newer interface that was changed from the PC. They are pretty much identical except for one temporary coop issue on the PS3 mentioned below. Reading on the forums they both have the same technical issues:

1. framerate issues and screen tearing

2. Trading between two players playing couch coop doesn't currently work

3. Misc. quest glitches

4. Save game corruption issues for some players. To compound this the 360 version doesn't allow saves to be backed up. PS3 saves can be backed up using the PS3's archiving feature but the game reads them as "tampered saves" when restored and prevents their use to prevent cheating. According to the official forums a patch to fix this is currently in MS testing (and I'm assuming the PS3 update status is in a similar state)

The crazy thing is that even with these issues this game still ROCKS if you are a Diablo/Titan Quest fan. If you are, then just BUY it.

Temporary Coop PS3 issue- The 360 version allows 2 players playing couch coop to go online and play against two players over LIVE. In earlier system firmwares the PS3 wouldn't allow two online profiles to log on at the same time so two couch coop players can't play on PSN. The current PS3 firmware now allows this, but the game was developed on old SDKs from before the firmware change and the ability wasn't coded into the game. The developers have said that a fix for this will be forthcoming, but I have heard no estimates of when.

Bottomline- Unless you specifically want to play with 2 players at home and two more online at the same time, I would buy it on whichever system your friends will be playing it online with or on the system whose controller you prefer.

#58 Outlaw Tracker

Outlaw Tracker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:00 PM

Well, when you factor in GoGamer's insane shipping prices and pony express delivery times, it's not that great a deal.
Everyone will be done with the game by the time you receive it.

I must be very lucky. I always choose the cheapest shipping and from CA it reaches me in upstate NY in 2 days! That's First Class Mail. I thought I was lucky the first time, but each time now same thing - I get it in two days. I order on a Weds get it that Friday!
So I asked my mailman what's up with that - his answer was I am lucky - both ends are basically next to a 'hub.'
Sorry to hear many others have a delay.
Posted Image

everyone is fighting in the fight night thread :lol:

#59 Staind204

Staind204

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:32 PM

So I just got a "gaming" laptop that I can take to work for downtime (I work 3rd shift). Any suggestions for good games under $10 each? Also what is this DRM that Sam & Max has thats so bad? I can only play games that are off-line at work.. (so if they need to check in online to play I can't use them).

#60 steveinneed

steveinneed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

So I just got a "gaming" laptop that I can take to work for downtime (I work 3rd shift). Any suggestions for good games under $10 each? Also what is this DRM that Sam & Max has thats so bad? I can only play games that are off-line at work.. (so if they need to check in online to play I can't use them).

In this particular deal I think BiA: Hells Highway is worth the money. I payed around $10 for it on newegg.com a couple months ago.
Posted Image