Buy 2 Select Wii Games at TRU get a free $50 Gift Card B&M

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 rodieremix

rodieremix

Parapsychologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:04 PM

Looked, didn't see it, sorry if it's a repost. At Toys R Us If you buy 2 of the following Wii games you get a free $50 gift card, and if you buy 1 you get a free $20 gift card. All the games are $49.99 except Lego Batman. This is in-store only:

Mad World
Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games
House of the Dead Overkill
Sonic Unleashed
Lego Batman ($39.99)
Monsters vs. Aliens
X-Men Origins Wolverine
Guitar Hero Metallica (game only shown)

#2 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

I was just looking to see if someone had posted this already and couldn't find it either. Can't believe someone didn't catch this until now.

Thinking about Madworld and House.

th_w03j81.gif  

#3 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

I was just looking to see if someone had posted this already and couldn't find it either. Can't believe someone didn't catch this until now.

Thinking about Madworld and House.

It's in the weekly ads thread.

This is a good deal, it's basically buy 1, get 1 free. But the only good games on there are Madworld and Overkill but both of those games seem destined for the bargain bin.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4 lawdood

lawdood

Digital Jedi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:35 PM

This is a good deal, it's basically buy 1, get 1 free. But the only good games on there are Madworld and Overkill but both of those games seem destined for the bargain bin.

Not in the first post which is where I looked for it.

th_w03j81.gif  

#5 rodieremix

rodieremix

Parapsychologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

Yeah I only saw Target in the title so I assumed that was the only ad covered.

#6 jimmyshadow

jimmyshadow

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:41 PM

If you don't generally shop at ToysRUs, then its more like 3 for 2. You're going to pay $100 for the 2 games and then could get a third free with the gift card.

If you do other regular shopping there, then you could use the G.C. on that stuff so that basically the G.C. is as good as cash. In that way, it is B1G1.

#7 Arakias

Arakias

Inferior Potassium

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:45 PM

Wasnt Madworld a universal price drop to $30? Or was that just Gamestop? If not, buy 2 Madworlds and get $50 gift card?

#8 rodieremix

rodieremix

Parapsychologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:48 PM

Wasnt Madworld a universal price drop to $30? Or was that just Gamestop? If not, buy 2 Madworlds and get $50 gift card?

Just GameStop, it's still listed as $49.99. That would've been awesome though.

#9 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Wouldn't they price match?

#10 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

tru doesn't pm anymore

#11 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:04 PM

You also can get a $20 gift card just by buying one game, so if you're like me and can't find two on that list, it might be worth it. Trouble is the only game I would want is Mad World and since the used price dropped at GS, spending $50 on it now would just seem ridiculous, especially since I wouldn't have any reason to have a $20 gift card to TRU.
Posted Image

#12 undiegnome

undiegnome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:17 PM

I might have done the deal if Excitebots was on the list or if the games were 29.99 MSRP.

#13 Estebon

Estebon

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

Can't you buy those games, get the GC and the return one in exchange for a different game? Say, Mario Kart or something else.

#14 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:32 PM

Not in the first post which is where I looked for it.

There's a link to the TRU ad right on first post, that's what I was referring to. It's in the ad this week.

Toys R Us (Ad)

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#15 rodieremix

rodieremix

Parapsychologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

I might have done the deal if Excitebots was on the list or if the games were 29.99 MSRP.

True, Excitebots and Punch-Out! plus a fifty dollar gift card would make my day!

#16 basketb

basketb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:08 PM

Can't you buy those games, get the GC and the return one in exchange for a different game? Say, Mario Kart or something else.

No can't do. The games are $25 (or $15 for lego batman) on the receipt. You pay full price for the gift card, which is nonreturnable.

#17 TabascoKid

TabascoKid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

So you could buy two games, which come up $25 each, and then get the $50 gift card? You could then return one of the games and then pick up Punch-Out...

Hmm....decisions, decisions....

TK

#18 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

Madworld & HOTD: OK with new MSRP $29.99 = TRU overprice $20.00 possible they'll drop the price down $29.99 after 1 week or 2nd week of June. I wonder they let US do price adjustment & keep $50 GC ?
"Evil is Funs"

#19 Tardcore

Tardcore

CAG Platinum+ Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:43 PM

I want Mad World and HOTD:O but that would equal $100, when I can get them elsewhere for $60 total. So I'd come out with $10 extra going through TRU. Not sure if I will take my time to do that.

#20 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

No can't do. The games are $25 (or $15 for lego batman) on the receipt. You pay full price for the gift card, which is nonreturnable.

So i could get Overkill and Madworld, return Madworld (already have it), and get Overkill + $50 GC for $75, making Overkill $25? :applause:

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#21 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:34 PM

Seems like alot of work for 2 games that will be $20 in a few months. I have a sealed copy of Madworld I've been trying to get rid of and people just won't touch that game for some reason for over $30. I think ToysRUs is making this look like a deal when actually they're clearing out old inventory they know won't stay at a $50 price point. Not only are you paying full price for 2 older games, you're also getting a giftcard to spend more money at TRU. It's a good deal for TRU, not so much for the consumer when you really start looking at the value of most of those games.

#22 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

Since in the receipt both games come out as $25, couldn't you take the receipt and PM the price at BB then just return both games and the GC back to TRU?

Sounds like a lot of work but for me both stores are near each other :)

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#23 rpgamer92

rpgamer92

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:54 AM

hmm madworld seems like the only good game on there

#24 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:04 AM

Can't you just buy one game..get a $20 giftcard.. use that giftcard to buy another game..and get another $20 giftcard for another time.

2 games with $80 spent and a $20 giftcard?

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#25 gaxur

gaxur

WANT TO SLEEP FOR (5678)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

Still a worse deal than just buying the games $30 elsewhere. Plus, unless you absolutely never shop TRU, you'd save $10 more in the long run by getting the $50 card.
Analog TV: Now with even less nothing to watch!

#26 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:54 AM

Still a worse deal than just buying the games $30 elsewhere. Plus, unless you absolutely never shop TRU, you'd save $10 more in the long run by getting the $50 card.

... plus there's the 5% cashback from the TRU Mastercard.

I picked up Madworld and HOTD:Overkill today with this deal, especially since Amazon's prices on both went back up this Sunday.

#27 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:51 AM

I got momentarily excited about Wolverine in the ad until I realized it was Wii only :(
Please help cure diseases like cancer and Parkinson's by running Folding @ Home! :)
Recent games, Netflix Scale:
[LIST]

Posted Image

#28 giantjerk

giantjerk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:38 AM

Can't you just buy one game..get a $20 giftcard.. use that giftcard to buy another game..and get another $20 giftcard for another time.

2 games with $80 spent and a $20 giftcard?

Yeah, except if the associate uses the correct giftcard, it won't activate for 6 hours. So you'd have to make a few trips.

#29 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

Lol ... uhm ... while I'm not criticizing the content of your post Giant, isn't your response, oh I don't know, about 3 months too late ;-D