Need help deciding on a PS2 VGA box

dfk789

CAG Veteran
I've been looking about for a few hours now and just can't seem to decide on anything. Almost everywhere I read theres a problem with one thing or another. But anyway, first I'll present my situation.

I currently don't own a TV. I have a PAL region PS2, and reside in the UK. I have no TV, but I have a widescreen monitor, the only input it has is VGA.
I want to play my PAL region PS2 on my monitor, in full colour of course, with minimal of problems. I would also like to have sound. I own a couple of import games from the US. I would like it to be possible to play them in the same way. Obviously I'm looking to save money, so I don't want to buy an expensive box. I don't care for upscaling or any of that. I just have a PS2. If anyone could help me out with this it would be great. Sorry for being so direct, it's just bugging me now. Looking for hours.
I have looked around a bit, but I can;t seem to find anything that answers all the questions I'm asking.
Thanks for taking your time to read this. Really hope you can help.

Actually after looking around a bit, it seems a TV card might work fine. Does anyone have any experience with using a tv card and their ps2 with no input lag. Could you reccomend a certain type of card? Preferably from a UK vendor?

bread's done
Back