Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

• Please log in to reply
2612 replies to this topic

#31 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:12 AM

Quick question: I sent out a game about a week ago, USPS says it was received on the 4th, but the buyer has still not left feedback and I've still not got my points. I've sent a PM, but never got a reply. How much longer do I wait until I take action, and if I do, who do I talk to?

#32 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:50 PM

Quick question: I sent out a game about a week ago, USPS says it was received on the 4th, but the buyer has still not left feedback and I've still not got my points. I've sent a PM, but never got a reply. How much longer do I wait until I take action, and if I do, who do I talk to?

I believe that you get the points added to your account as soon as you agree to send the game out. Go to the "Account History" section of your profile ("My Goozex"), and you can see all your transactions. Users sometimes wait a couple weeks to leave feedback, just to make sure the game works and such.

#33 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

Point changes for June 10:

Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 -50 400
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Xbox 360 -50 200
Dead Space Xbox 360 -50 750
Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 -50 450
Frontlines: Fuel of War Xbox 360 -50 250
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes Xbox +50 1200
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Playstation 3 -50 600
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 -50 700
Resistance: Fall of Man Playstation 3 -50 150
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Xbox 360 -50 500
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Playstation 3 +50 800
Yakuza 2 PlayStation 2 -50 350

#34 jdlmm80

jdlmm80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

As well as NFS Carbon ps3 100 and Orange box ps3 250.

#35 Chairman_LMAO

Chairman_LMAO

The Talent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:10 PM

I believe that you get the points added to your account as soon as you agree to send the game out. Go to the "Account History" section of your profile ("My Goozex"), and you can see all your transactions. Users sometimes wait a couple weeks to leave feedback, just to make sure the game works and such.

Maybe its different because I'm a relatively new user, but I don't get points until I get feedback from the buyer. It kind of sucks because it's clogging up my available trades.

#36 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

Maybe its different because I'm a relatively new user, but I don't get points until I get feedback from the buyer. It kind of sucks because it's clogging up my available trades.

If they still haven't left feedback, send them a friendly PM asking them to leave positive feedback. It takes 21 days (3 weeks) for the trade to be auto closed by the system. It always leaves positive feedback if this happens.

It really sucks to be a new user. My best advice is to trade enough to get to level 3 (five positive trades). At that point, you'll get points when you accept the trade and not have to wait until after feedback is left for them.

Also, it's a little late, but I guess some might be interested in these.

(The) Conduit Wii +50 900
(The) Legend of Zelda (Classic NES Series) Game Boy Advance -50 250
(The) Legendary Starfy Nintendo DS +50 650
.hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth PlayStation 2 +50 350
.hack//G.U. Vol. 2: Reminisce PlayStation 2 -50 300
.hack//MUTATION (Part 2) PlayStation 2 +50 400
.hack//OUTBREAK (Part 3) PlayStation 2 +50 550
.hack//QUARANTINE (Part 4) PlayStation 2 -50 350
Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia PlayStation 2 +50 600
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II PlayStation 2 +50 950 (Hello hold list)
Beyond Good & Evil Game Cube +50 450
Castle Shikigami 2 PlayStation 2 +50 250
Chibi-Robo Game Cube -50 200
Fallout 3 -- Broken Steel Xbox 360 -50 700
Fallout 3 -- Game Add-On Pack: The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage Xbox 360 -50 500
Fatal Frame PlayStation 2 +50 1100
Fatal Frame Xbox +50 300
Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly PlayStation 2 -50 600
Final Fantasy XI: Vana'diel Collection 2008 PlayStation 2 -50 150
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Game Cube -50 350
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland Nintendo DS +50 400
Gradius V PlayStation 2 -50 350
Growlanser: Generations (Deluxe Pack) PlayStation 2 +50 1100
Ikaruga Dreamcast -50 800
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure PlayStation -50 150
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes Xbox +50 1200 (I don't know why this went up to the new cap since prices are falling)
Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes PlayStation -50 600
Mass Effect (Limited Collector's Edition) Xbox 360 -50 700
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence PlayStation 2 +50 400
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Playstation 3 -50 600 (GH release has made this tank hard)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Limited Edition) Playstation 3 +50 1200
New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat Wii +50 550
Peggle Xbox 360 -50 250
Phantasy Star Online Episodes I & II Plus Game Cube +50 650
Pikmin 2 Game Cube -50 500
Punch-Out!! Wii +50 1000 (Finally got a trade for this. Lame)
Resident Evil 5 (Collector's Edition) Xbox 360 +50 1200
Shadow Hearts PlayStation 2 +50 800
Shadow Hearts: Covenant PlayStation 2 +50 550
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 PlayStation 2 -50 550
Silent Hill 2 PlayStation 2 -50 350
Silent Hill 4: The Room PlayStation 2 -50 200
Space Channel 5 Dreamcast -50 100
Tales of Vesperia Xbox 360 -50 850
Tales of Vesperia: Special Edition Xbox 360 +50 1200
Wild ARMs -- Alter Code: F PlayStation 2 -50 250

#37 stikmanrp

stikmanrp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:13 AM

It's nice when you receive a 50 point tip. So far, I've sent 13 sealed/new games, and received 5 tips.

Same thing here. I have sent out a couple new games and have only been tipped once. I'm fairly new to goozex, but I figured that tipping someone for a sealed game would be pretty standard fare. If I ever received a new, sealed game, I would tip for sure.

What is the general "policy" on tipping?
Good things don't end in "eum", then end in "mania"...and "teria" - Homer Simpson

#38 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

There really is none. It's a matter of courtesy. I would do it if the seller sends me a sealed game (hasn't happened). I've also done it when a member sent me the wrong game by accident (the game I requested was in the case of another game which was in the case of the requested game) and sent me the right one in the other games case.

My reasoning behind why some don't tip with sealed games is that they're either cheap or think that isn't a reason to tip (in other words they are jackasses).

#39 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:26 AM

Was thinking about joining goozex, how well does it work if you list kind of "meh" games? I mean, I have a couple of games I can get rid of and I have a decent amount at work I could buy and trade for quite a lot of points, but most of them are hovering right below/above average. Will I just be sitting on the games forever waiting to trade them out? I don't plan on trading too many highly sought after titles as I like to keep most of my games.

#40 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:04 PM

Was thinking about joining goozex, how well does it work if you list kind of "meh" games? I mean, I have a couple of games I can get rid of and I have a decent amount at work I could buy and trade for quite a lot of points, but most of them are hovering right below/above average. Will I just be sitting on the games forever waiting to trade them out? I don't plan on trading too many highly sought after titles as I like to keep most of my games.

Just join up. If you don't get requests in a time that is suitable to you, you can always sell your games or trade them with friends. The cool thing about Goozex is that you can put games "on hold", and activate them whenever you want.:D

#41 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

goozex used to do updated once every 8 days but that has changed in the last 3 weeks

one week it was 6 days later
then 5 days later
then 9 days later ect

got to wonder how long the goozex market will hold now that 80% of all of the ds/psp games are not worth trading to for me...

though i did pick up

DREAMDAY WEDDING
NINJA TOWN
and
SMACKDOWN 09 for the DS last week for 15.00 out of pocket (after getting a free 15 gift card)

got
400 pts for wedding
550 pts for ninja
600 pts for smackdown

1550 pts for 15 bucks VERY NICE .... grabbed 15 100 pt ds games

Will then sell those games probally around 100 bucks or so nice 85 buck flip (around 65 after ebay fees goozex fees paypal fees)

might even keep some of the 15 games for presents

some i picked up was

mario golf gba (keeping)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008 keeping
yu gi oh 2007
Neopets: Petpet Adventures -- The Wand of Wishing
Tales of Phantasia
(The) Sims 2: Castaway

and still got 900 pts left

could say i got all of these games for smackdown 09
WOOOO I STINK

#42 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 03:49 PM

I have a Gears 2 LE I'm trying to get rid of. The DLC code is of course used up. Is it expected to ship a "complete" Gears 2 LE without working DLC codes? One guy already asked that I cancel the transaction if it didn't come with DLC. I can't believe people would expect one time use items to still be useable.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#43 xycury

xycury

there is only one

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

I tip when it's sealed, or includes everything extra beyond complete.

I am also pissed at some of the members... I was going to get Castlevania:LoI ps2, when it was 150, all the points I had, but the first go around... never send... then the second going around, never send, now that I'm back in the queue after two negatives, the game jumped up to 300 points. I can't get it now, even though I'm either 1st or so near the top.

Now it's like I can check ebay for better prices.

WTF ... the community needs to take more responsibility for these, I say if it's a negative, your feedback should immediately jump to -5, no matter what the score.

#44 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

I have a Gears 2 LE I'm trying to get rid of. The DLC code is of course used up. Is it expected to ship a "complete" Gears 2 LE without working DLC codes? One guy already asked that I cancel the transaction if it didn't come with DLC. I can't believe people would expect one time use items to still be useable.

List it as disc + manual. That way the buyer can only be happy to get a case and they can't go crazy on you about it not being full package.

#45 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

List it as disc + manual. That way the buyer can only be happy to get a case and they can't go crazy on you about it not being full package.

I suppose that's the best thing to do. Exceed someone's expectations instead of possibly disappointing someone. Thanks!

One more question... I have Fifa 09 complete. But the only requests in are for a cart only copy. Should I switch my listing to cart only or will it still match my complete copy up with the guy who wants cart only?

#46 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

I suppose that's the best thing to do. Exceed someone's expectations instead of possibly disappointing someone. Thanks!

One more question... I have Fifa 09 complete. But the only requests in are for a cart only copy. Should I switch my listing to cart only or will it still match my complete copy up with the guy who wants cart only?

If you list it as full package, you'll still get matched.

It works like this. As a buyer you can request cart/disc only and any sort of match will come your way. There are many stories of people requesting disc only and getting the manual or full package. As a seller, you can get matched with any category if you list as full package. So the fastest way to get games is request disc only (don't do this if you are really anal about getting a case and manual) and the fastest way to get rid of a game is to list it as full package.

#47 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:28 PM

It works like this. As a buyer you can request cart/disc only and any sort of match will come your way. There are many stories of people requesting disc only and getting the manual or full package. As a seller, you can get matched with any category if you list as full package. So the fastest way to get games is request disc only (don't do this if you are really anal about getting a case and manual) and the fastest way to get rid of a game is to list it as full package.

This is very helpful info. Thank you!:applause:

#48 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:38 PM

I figured that's how it would work, logically. Thank you for all your help and detailed explanations! I'm 2nd in que for Fifa 09. I bought it as filler during the Toys R Us B1G1 half off for DS and I'm glad I picked Fifa-- 600 points isn't bad for 7.50. That's damn closer to a new release game.

#49 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

No problem, guys.

And don't fall for the talk that no one ever gets rare games. I've gotten Project Justice, PowerStone 2, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and MGS Twin Snakes all from Goozex and have profited nicely. I'd say I have ten or fifteen active/on hold requests for rare games that I plan on selling the minute I get my hands on them. Hell, someone even let MGS3:Sub LE go for 500 points. I'm not sure if it was just disc only but I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

#50 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

No problem, guys.

And don't fall for the talk that no one ever gets rare games. I've gotten Project Justice, PowerStone 2, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and MGS Twin Snakes all from Goozex and have profited nicely. I'd say I have ten or fifteen active/on hold requests for rare games that I plan on selling the minute I get my hands on them. Hell, someone even let MGS3:Sub LE go for 500 points. I'm not sure if it was just disc only but I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Yeah, I plan on queing up some rare ones I need for my collection one of these days. Just so much to choose from-- I too noticed the MGS LE listing. They should really up the points on that. Even if it was 1200 points, I would bite at a complete copy.
I do remember, and I think this was Goozex when they were first starting up, signing up and getting promo points since the site was just launching. I put a few DC games in my DC que and wound up getting The Last Blade 2, complete and absolutely mint. And it was completely free-- even so, I think the point value on it was very low. So yeah, there's either some friendly souls out there or some uninformed people putting good games up.

#51 encendido5

encendido5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:05 PM

Looking back, I can't believe some of the "prices" I paid on some games.
Okami on the Wii, I paid 800 points, now down to 350
GH: On Tour - Paid 900, Now 550
Metroid Prime Corruption - Paid 900, Now 350

Though, I'm not upset, because the games I traded have dropped like stone too:
Orange Box PS3 - Sold for 900, now 250
Okami PS2 - Sold for 800, now 200
FFXII - Sold for 650, now 100

The best one I got was the Pokemon Box for the GCN for 300 points, game, mem card, and case included. I quickly turned around and sold it for about $70 on amazon.

I have also gotten Breath of Fire 3 and 4 and Vagrant Story. Not exactly rare, but they came in perfect condition and well worth the points I paid.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I was matched for Suikoden 2, but unfortunately never got it :cry:
Posted Image

#52 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:11 PM

Looking back at the games i traded away and the points i received, now that goozex has switched to buyers market "per-say" i would rebuy them. i might do that now, Let UFC go for 1000 points, once it drops to 700 or so request it and i profit 300 points, id just have to go a few months without ufc.

#53 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

I just started using goozex with about 10-15 trades already completed and so far i am very pleased with the process...my last game received was GTA4 with the 1 month code included for 350 points (i did leave a 50 point tip since the code was there)

funny thing since i was actually going to request the gears 2 limited but felt it needed to come down just a little bit in points especially since i take the risk of getting a dented, scratched, etc case...

in their FAQ regarding DLC is this:

Should I expect original Downloadable Content (DLC) available for new retail games in a Full Package trade?
No. The Goozex policy is that if the game is used and the DLC is not needed to play the original disc then it should not be considered part of a Full Package trade. Unless stated otherwise on the game trading info tab, "Full Package" trades for games that were originally purchased at retail with DLC must only include the original Disc + Manaul + Case and any accessory that makes the game playable.

so even if the guy left a negative because of that you should be able to fight it
Posted Image

#54 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:39 AM

I just started using goozex with about 10-15 trades already completed and so far i am very pleased with the process...my last game received was GTA4 with the 1 month code included for 350 points (i did leave a 50 point tip since the code was there)

funny thing since i was actually going to request the gears 2 limited but felt it needed to come down just a little bit in points especially since i take the risk of getting a dented, scratched, etc case...

in their FAQ regarding DLC is this:

Should I expect original Downloadable Content (DLC) available for new retail games in a Full Package trade?
No. The Goozex policy is that if the game is used and the DLC is not needed to play the original disc then it should not be considered part of a Full Package trade. Unless stated otherwise on the game trading info tab, "Full Package" trades for games that were originally purchased at retail with DLC must only include the original Disc + Manaul + Case and any accessory that makes the game playable.

so even if the guy left a negative because of that you should be able to fight it

Wow. Great catch Jedi!

#55 Wheeliedude

Wheeliedude

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 12:52 AM

What's the advantage of using Goozex versus just selling the games on Ebay?
Which is the best value? I was thinking of using this to get rid of games in anticipation for their sequels or games worth basically nothing.

#56 MaXx

MaXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:11 AM

I

Edited by MaXx, 27 July 2010 - 01:38 PM.

#57 beard.

beard.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:20 AM

I was gonna ask about that. I saw that a lot of OXM Demo Discs are worth a decent amount on Goozex, but didn't know if anyone actually requested them or if it'd be worth trying to find a lot on ebay or CL for cheap to flip on Goozex.

#58 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:16 AM

Awesome! Thanks Jedi! If you do decide to Goozex for a LE, I can PM you the condition of mine.

#59 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:01 PM

Point change for June 17:

(The) Wheelman Xbox 360 -50 900
Assassin's Creed Xbox 360 -50 150
Battlefield: Bad Company Xbox 360 -50 350
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Xbox 360-50 150
Dead Space Xbox 360 -50 700
Far Cry 2 Xbox 360 -50 400
Frontlines: Fuel of War Xbox 360 -50 200
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings PlayStation 2 -50 550
Just Cause Xbox 360 +50 150
Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 -50 950
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Playstation 3 -50 550
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes Game Cube -50 400
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 -50 650
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Playstation 3 -50 600
Resistance 2 Playstation 3 -50 950
Resistance: Fall of Man Playstation 3 +50 200
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection Xbox 360 -50 700
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Xbox 360 -50 450
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Playstation 3 +50 850
WWE Legends of WrestleMania Xbox 360 -50 900
Yakuza 2 PlayStation 2 +50 400

#60 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

Also Gears 2 LE dropped to 1050. I'm so pissed off at that guy who cancelled on me.