Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

• Please log in to reply
2612 replies to this topic

#2161 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Sleeping Dogs and Aliens: Colonial Marines release dates have been updated!

I think I'll activate Batman: AC to burn 1000 points.

Edited by shieryda, 13 August 2012 - 07:52 PM.

#2162 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

Just got a request for my copy of Medal of Honor: Underground (PS1). Really hope I can spend some more points before the year ends.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2163 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Holy crap! Trades are down to 983 today!

#2164 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:49 PM

Where do they usually rank?
I've had 9 games activated on my want list for months and have seen little to no movement. I've got 1850 points to burn and nothing I want is getting picked. What motivation do I have to keep trading on goozex if I have all these points and can't use them...

#2165 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well I guess you need to request slightly older games. I've received Fifa 11 :ps3: a month ago and a couple of days ago I've received an email stating that smackdown vs raw 2011 :ps3: is in the mail. Not bad if I do receive SVR. Heck I'm even considering purchasing trade tokens since I have 550 points and no tokens.

#2166 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

I have some older games requested and they don't move either...guess I'll have to either be patient or activate some lesser wanted games.

I'd be willing to buy a trade token and do a couple more trades, but I only want one token. Unfortunately they don't sell just one. You have to buy 3. So in that case, I'm skipping doing any more trades on goozex until I can get some trades from goozex. I wish the owners would do something to get things moving again. I loved goozex when I first signed up, but now its slowed to a crawl...

#2167 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Ha. It jumped to 997 just now.

#2168 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:39 AM

I have 2 requests from me for really obscure items. They're only 100 points each but I'm just glad to have the opportunity to get rid of them. I haven't been matched for one of my requests in a few weeks but hopefully that will change soon.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#2169 arsenal_fan

arsenal_fan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

I have some older games requested and they don't move either...guess I'll have to either be patient or activate some lesser wanted games.

I'd be willing to buy a trade token and do a couple more trades, but I only want one token. Unfortunately they don't sell just one. You have to buy 3. So in that case, I'm skipping doing any more trades on goozex until I can get some trades from goozex. I wish the owners would do something to get things moving again. I loved goozex when I first signed up, but now its slowed to a crawl...

Yeah, that's everyone's problem. I think they would get more trades if they'd remove the buy 3 minimum. I can see more guys buying tokens as and when they need them instead of sitting on 3.

P.S. Svr 2011 is in the mail and so Fifa 11 & Svr 2011 over the past month isn't too bad.

#2170 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

I didn't even realize there was a goozex thread. In my mind cag = the video game deals thread and that's it.
I'm sitting on 17,900 and I'm grabbing almost any current gen game that becomes available. 75% of the time the game isn't available as it appears (why does it do that) or the the trade isnt accepted or fulfilled (i've left quite a few NOT RECEIVED feedbacks recently). Boo Goozex...i used to really love it. Someone did send me a full package TRUE BLOOD season 4 Blu-ray w/ DVDs - 1000pts. I was floored! It is fairly recent, quite expensive, and I was requersting disc only.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#2171 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

Seems like they're trying to weed people out. They put all my requests on hold and sent an e-mail saying I had 2 weeks (or whatever the time frame was) go to in and reactivate them or they'd all be deleted.

It was due to account inactivity--but not much I can do since I haven't gotten matched up for anything since April. Not sending anything out as I still have 3,900 points (down from 6,000 some in early spring) and don't want to build up more points since the site seems to be on its last legs.

I do have one early access token, so maybe I can grab a 1,000 point new release at some point this fall to get a chunk of points gone.

#2172 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Seems like they're trying to weed people out. They put all my requests on hold and sent an e-mail saying I had 2 weeks (or whatever the time frame was) go to in and reactivate them or they'd all be deleted.

It was due to account inactivity--but not much I can do since I haven't gotten matched up for anything since April. Not sending anything out as I still have 3,900 points (down from 6,000 some in early spring) and don't want to build up more points since the site seems to be on its last legs.

I do have one early access token, so maybe I can grab a 1,000 point new release at some point this fall to get a chunk of points gone.

I don't know if it helps, but I always get emails from Goozex (about once a week) whenever one of my "on hold" offers are requested if I activate it right away.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2173 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

< 1,000 = I'm bailing. I tried desperately to find anything I would want to spend my 1,000pts + 3 tokens on. Settled on Rayman Advance (GBA) 300pts cart only, one active offer. But of course it times out...

I got matched for Fable 2, because <$5 games are pretty much the bulk of easy trading now. My Goozex Standards have gotten so low that I was actually looking at the PGA Golf titles thinking "hmm...I haven't played a console golf game since Mario Golf..." When Tiger Woods retires, that franchise is screwed.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#2174 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Ha. It jumped to 997 just now.

OK so it's now hit sub-1000 twice. How long before it hits 500?

Gotta say - it is interesting to have such transparency on a pyramid scheme in collapse mode.

#2175 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

OK so it's now hit sub-1000 twice. How long before it hits 500?

Gotta say - it is interesting to have such transparency on a pyramid scheme in collapse mode.

I don't think you understand the meaning of pyramid scheme.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2176 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

I don't get it. Back in 2008 I could request almost any game and have it, but now there are barely any games available for trade.

What happened?

NighT_Ryder31.png

#2177 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

I don't think you understand the meaning of pyramid scheme.

I don't think you understand Goozex

#2178 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't get it. Back in 2008 I could request almost any game and have it, but now there are barely any games available for trade.

What happened?

Site was overrun by queue jumpers, then folks started cashing out causing a run on the bank. I'm sure the awesome Gamefly/Bestbuy/Amason summer of deals didn't help any either.

#2179 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

have around 5000 pts in games i could put up IF I could get games i want in return.... hell im stuck with 12700 pts

HANDHELDS ARE DEAD like 30 items and 29 of them are pure junk)

NO 3ds NO VITA gamses at all
WOOOO I STINK

#2180 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Site was overrun by queue jumpers, then folks started cashing out causing a run on the bank. I'm sure the awesome Gamefly/Bestbuy/Amason summer of deals didn't help any either.

I think the fact that Goozex decided to flood the points system by selling points for 1/2 off so often and the fact that for the longest time, they basically did nothing to improve the system is what resulted in a lot of people quitting/leaving. I don't think queue jumpers were that big of a deal, I think they were more like nails in the coffin.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2181 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:58 AM

I never thought this would happen, but my copy of Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for the NES (cartridge only) was requested. I think I was #72 in line to send it out when I first started Goozex a few years ago.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2182 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

I didn't even realize there was a goozex thread. In my mind cag = the video game deals thread and that's it.
I'm sitting on 17,900 and I'm grabbing almost any current gen game that becomes available. 75% of the time the game isn't available as it appears (why does it do that) or the the trade isnt accepted or fulfilled (i've left quite a few NOT RECEIVED feedbacks recently). Boo Goozex...i used to really love it. Someone did send me a full package TRUE BLOOD season 4 Blu-ray w/ DVDs - 1000pts. I was floored! It is fairly recent, quite expensive, and I was requersting disc only.

have around 5000 pts in games i could put up IF I could get games i want in return.... hell im stuck with 12700 pts

HANDHELDS ARE DEAD like 30 items and 29 of them are pure junk)

NO 3ds NO VITA gamses at all

There are never any good games available. I have been on the same lists for a long time, some since December. I am no longer going to trade any games on Goozex. I only have 1800 points and 2 tokens. After reading your point totals, I'm grateful for not having invested anymore into the site.

Trade List Games & DLC

#2183 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

Got matched for Batman: AC, so that's a good way to burn 1000 points. Unfortunately, it was my last trade token so I have to pony up for another 3 if I want to get rid of the rest of my 6000+ points.:cry:

#2184 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:46 PM

It's only $3 (or $6 at the most).

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#2185 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:51 AM

Or do a couple of Game Nights.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2186 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

So I put a PS1 and some games up for a lowball and they all sold. Unfortunately, the games and system went to different people and I was dumb enough to ship one of those games in the system when the game was intended for someone else.

Good thing I went to Goozex for another copy of the game. It was Tomb Raider 2 and they had 15 instant trades available. It was matched and on the way to my house ... so I can send it to someone else's house.

My mistake is keeping Goozex alive. \\:D/

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2187 Mr_hockey66

Mr_hockey66

Lets go pens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Im still putting stuff out. Ive finially evened out where I have recieved as much as sent out so thats a plus. Just sent lego harry potter and now tomb raider anniversary. The funny thing is I get more trades on goozex then I do here. Id rather trade her no fees. Oh well.

Cag should do a goozex theme. It would increase sight traffic and the community and put some extra dough in the pocket. Cheapy your missing out on some good market! If he could set up something like that for this site hed be rocking and rolling.
check out my tradelist :
http://www.cheapassg...mar-and-wwe-13/

#2188 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

There are never any good games available. I have been on the same lists for a long time, some since December. I am no longer going to trade any games on Goozex. I only have 1800 points and 2 tokens. After reading your point totals, I'm grateful for not having invested anymore into the site.

even with 12k points im way up on the + side compair to what i traded in.. thanks to other trading sites that are LONG GAME....

there was one trade site (cant remember name) you could set your own points you wanted ... I was able to dump games for like 50 to 60 and grab games for 10 to 15 (meaning almost a 3 or 4 to 1 flip)

I miss the good old days

Best stuff i ever got off goozex

WWE WrestleMania - The Complete Anthology dude forgot to stick 12 and 14 in the case could not find them and he goes JUST KEEP IT FOR FREE 2009

Suikoden II 2008
hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition) 2008 (sold for like 150)
Valkyrie Profile ps1 (still have ) 2008
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes 2008 (sold for like 100 i think)
Legacy of Ys: Books I & II ds 2009
Class of heroes 2009

man its been 3 years since i got anything great :(
WOOOO I STINK

#2189 dfg

dfg

Impecunious Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

Im still putting stuff out. Ive finially evened out where I have recieved as much as sent out so thats a plus. Just sent lego harry potter and now tomb raider anniversary. The funny thing is I get more trades on goozex then I do here. Id rather trade her no fees. Oh well.

Cag should do a goozex theme. It would increase sight traffic and the community and put some extra dough in the pocket. Cheapy your missing out on some good market! If he could set up something like that for this site hed be rocking and rolling.

The CAG game database appears to have Goozex support. On each game's page, there are tabs for "New", "Used", "Trade-In", and "Other"—under "Other" it shows "Goozex Value", but it's almost always "N/A".

I asked here once what was up with that, but I don't think I ever got a response. Hopefully in CAG 3.0, if Goozex has survived/recovered, it'll be fully functional / user-updatable.
¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#2190 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Or do a couple of Game Nights.

Shoot. I didn't even think about that. I did one once and it was pretty cool.