Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

• Please log in to reply
2612 replies to this topic

#2521 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

Right now available on 3DS: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Pro Evolution Soccer 2011, and Resident Evil: Revelations. All available right now via the Exchange. http://www.goozex.co...sp?platform=212

Instant trading-wise there is nothing, but if you check "Recently Traded" for 3DS there are two pages worth of results.

Goozex is far from dead. I got Planet Terror and the first Assassin's Creed coming to me, and I sent out Duke Nukem Forever and the Excel Saga DVD series to get over 3,000 points.

At the current rate, the Exchange service is getting me an item every 1-2 weeks.  

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2522 MrGranger

MrGranger

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

I like the auctions better than the old instant trading mainly because it is more realistic about worth of a game.  COD barely gets 50-100 points but a rare game now can be traded for thousands of points instead of the past 1000 max.

#2523 zoro69

zoro69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

some weird stuff around eg http://www2.thestock...hour-hod-close/

(that is paid for advertising)

#2524 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Still doing well over at Goozex by receiving Black Ops 2, Planet Terror (DVD), and Dynasty Warriors 6. I also have Dance Central on the way.

Currently at 850 points.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2525 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Got Dance Central with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 on the way. Sent in some titles and got 300 points. I have two auctions going and I'm at 1,500 points in under 24 hours.

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2526 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

I would honestly like to see a breakdown of those trades, traditional vs the exchange. 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2527 dchrisd

dchrisd

F.U. Rosalina! ~ Daisy <3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Anybody else having problems logging into Goozex?  Cant access the site.

Posted Image

#2528 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

This was posted at VGFive:

Goozex Update.

Our hosting company Rackspace has pulled the plug on our servers. This includes website and email. We are working hard to get things back online. We will update you as new information becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Goozex

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2529 csidegamer

csidegamer

What problem w/ Dwarves?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

This was posted at VGFive:

Goozex Update.

Our hosting company Rackspace has pulled the plug on our servers. This includes website and email. We are working hard to get things back online. We will update you as new information becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Goozex

Somebody forgot to pay the bill.

At least they didn't say they were shutting down.

fs_overall.pngs2741431x15a.png

#2530 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yeah, that is really odd that your hosting company turned you off...

#2531 thadwhit

thadwhit

Cheap Shit Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:30 PM

I have 2 trades in limbo, so hope they're back up soon. Seems like it could be a big mess, especially with all the exchange auctions. Glad I cashed down my points.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2532 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

Just tried to log in to leave feedback on a recent trade - hope they get back up soon - it was a rare game and I'd like the other guy to get his points.

#2533 Foul_Bazooka

Foul_Bazooka

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

I just got a sweet , brand new copy of Arkham Origins from a returning goozer who hadn't been active on the site since 2010. I promised him a tip. I wonder if the trade will time out before the site is back online. Oh well, I suppose I can email goozex when they get back online and make sure this fellow is rewarded for an outstanding trade. I like to encourage returning users and noobz alike.

#2534 Tumbler360

Tumbler360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

@Foul_Bazooka

Was that a standard match trade or an auction?

#2535 Foul_Bazooka

Foul_Bazooka

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

@Tumbler360

It was a standard queue trade. I have his mailing address. I have half a mind just to send that dude some money and be done with it. From what I've read on the vgfive forums things are not looking good.

#2536 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Never thought I'd have to post in this thread again but with goozex being down this is one of the only place to keep a dialogue about the situation. 

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#2537 jimbo8574

jimbo8574

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

I was just trying to see if they were picking up at all or doing PS4 or XBoxOne trades.  Couldn't find anything out there on why they are down till this thread.

2 days later still off line sounds like they didn't pay the bill and either can't or won't.  Shame I liked that place a lot a few years ago.

jimbo8574.png jimbo8574.png

#2538 devyanks90

devyanks90

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:03 AM

I have 2 trades in limbo, so hope they're back up soon. Seems like it could be a big mess, especially with all the exchange auctions. Glad I cashed down my points.

well looking at your sig, it appears that they paid for the server that hosts the goozex forum signature banners

#2539 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

some places were closed for the 2 weeks   christmas and new years. I dont expect any news until   mid week on this 

WOOOO I STINK

#2540 zoro69

zoro69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

a web hosting place like this doesn't "close' at all.  the problem is obviously with goozex, if it isn't obvious enough with the site being down, and management being silent, it is when you read their last news release.

#2541 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:31 AM

So has anyone seen this?:

NEW YORK, Dec. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bay Acquisition Corp. (OTCBB:SLGI) filed a lawsuit in Supreme Court of the State of New York against Meyers Associates, L.P. for Breach of Contract, Tortuous Interference with Contractual Relationships, Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing, Fraud, Constructive Fraud, Negligent Misrepresentation, Breach of Fiduciary Duty, Specific Performance, in the amount exceeding Ten Million ($10,000,000) Dollars.

Over $250,000 of capital raised for Bay Acquisition's business operations is being held in escrow by the refusal of Mr. Raana Kahn, Executive Vice President of Meyers Associates, to release the funds to the Company or to release them back to the investors. These funds are critical to Bay Acquisition's continued operations of its website Goozex.com and VGFive.com.

For more information please contact Paul Goodman of Cyruli Shanks Hart & Zizmor, LLP at (212) 661-6800.

Sounds like Goozex literally doesn't have the money to pay the bills. Looking at the domain's WHOIS info, November/December is the creation date so it's likely that the end of the calendar year would probably be the time period when the corresponding hosting bills would become due.

#2542 Foul_Bazooka

Foul_Bazooka

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I saw that press release. It doesn't look good.

#2543 LilPaintballer

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Doesn't look too good, I'd love to buy out goozex, wonder what it would cost, because it was such a great idea.

#2544 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

In its heyday it was a godsend. I used the heck out of it and got so much great stuff. I almost liked it more as a way of getting rid of stuff and getting the most value while doing so. I miss it terribly.

#2545 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

At this point I'll be happy just to see the site back up but I'm certainly not holding my breath.  I've done OK in the last year, especially considering the fraction of trades they've had going compared to the salad days.

Now playing (& watching):
:br:-Strike Back: Vengeance
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#2546 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

That sucks... hope people were able to clear out their points. I was down to 1200 and 2 tokens I think. I almost sent out another game but glad I didn't. 

I would imagine VGFive is gonna die soon so... 

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#2547 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:05 AM

man.. been trying to access the site for a few days now to report a trade i never received but havent been able to get the site to come up... i guess that explains it...

1080i is for douchebags

#2548 mietha

mietha

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:00 AM

I was at, I think, around 2000 points and around 10 tokens.  The biggest problem, if it is gone, for me, is that,like a dumb ass, I was using it to keep track of what I needed.  My collection is in, um, let's say disarray, and if it doesn't come back up, I've pretty much totally ****ed myself.  Sorting out what I need of everything but Criterion (which thankfully I have a current, separate list) is going to be one hell of a bitch.  I'm hoping it comes back up, but the longer it's down, the more it's going to harm it's future viability if it does.

Posted Image

#2549 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:31 AM

99gamers is a better trading site, I've had way more success getting whatever I want, and don't have to spend money to receive games.

#2550 Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

99gamers is a better trading site, I've had way more success getting whatever I want, and don't have to spend money to receive games.

That's exactly how VGFive has worked ever since they relaunched it a couple months back. It's free market trading.