The ultimate xbox collection?

MillerTime2523

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (99%)
With Gamestop starting to phase out OG Xbox games, I'm going to start building up my collection again. I don't want to go the full xbox collection - too little space here and probably too much money. What I thought I would do is collect the best of the best games. No 2003 sports titles, no Drake, none of that crap. Just the cream of the crop.

So, my question to you is, which games will make up my xbox collection? Of course the Halos, Star Wars KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden, etc. but what else should I be on the look out for? Any under rated games I should check out? Hopefully this collection will turn into something great.

Here's what I have so far:

Halo
Halo 2
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Baulders Gate: Dark Alliance II

Here's what I've been reccomended:
---

As far as XBox exclusives (I'll count ones that are on PC as well, because there are few people that don't own a beefy PC, or just don't wish to game on PC period.). I'm also a fighting fan so theres a few of those in there.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
DOA3 or DOA Ultimate Box
Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes (Cause if you like Baldurs Gate 2 It's pretty much the same thing.)
Fatal Frame 2 Directors Cut
Forza Motorsport
Kingdom Underfire (Part 2 is not backwards, keep this in mind)
Otogi 1+2 (Not backwards)
Steel Battalian (Not backwards for obvious reasons).

These are my recommendations outside of what you listed. Also Links 2004 if your into golf is still my pick for best golf game I ever played, and MS no longer has the rights to Links (sold it to somebody who has seemed to never use the license???) so it will be the best and last Links it seems.

Doom3
Doom3: Resurrection of Evil
Psychonauts
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Deus Ex: Invisible War

Obviously not XBox exclusives, but sufficiently well designed and executed so that no "ultimate" XBox collection should be without them.

I have over 160 XBox games in my own collection, only three of which are Platinum Hits. Any of the five-star games in my list I would consider belong to an ultimate collection.

Good luck in your own quest, MillerTime!

CJ

Just off the top of my head (not including those listed already, plus I need to check my Xbox for more):
Jade Empire
Star Wars Republic Commando
Beyond Good and Evil
Fusion Frenzy
Star Wars Jedi Outcast
Star Wars Jedi Academy
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition REMIX
Conker Live and Reloaded

There are quite a few more that are worth mentioning. I realize that a lot of these are out on other platforms, but the Xbox generally had the best versions (debatable against PC).

Edit: Unfortunately many of these games are hard to buy, at least from stores, now that the xbox has been discontinued for almost 5 years. I don't know about your Gamestops, but the ones here have a very slim and generally poor selection of OG Xbox games. Most of the ones left are old sport games and games without covers/manuals.

Last edited by a moderator:
My "core" collection for Xbox (console exclusives):

Chessmaster
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
Dead or Alive 3
Deathrow
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Fable
Halo
Halo 2
Jade Empire
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Ninja Gaiden
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

The most unappreciated and GREATEST xbox game of all time:

Timesplitters: Future Perfect

also, warriors is occasional good fun

Dont forget Max Payne!
Max Payne 2 was OK too, but not as good as the first.
Morrowind should be GotY edition to get all the extras
Enclave was awesome for me, not for everyone

Here is a few for you:

Any of the Splinter Cells (I recommend all of them)
Rallisport Challenge 1 & 2
Ghost Recon 2 and Ghost Recon Summit Strike
kill.switch
Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge

Im starting to peice together what i think is a great xbox collection. Little by little i have been getting a game here and there from various trade sites and really like how it looks right now. I have about 15 solid titles.

bread's done
Back