Amazon Father's Day Sale - Wii - Top Spin 3 $20, SWSnowboard $30, GH: Metallica $33

hypertails02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
[quote name='rdogg1026']Does anyone's Dad play videogames? My Dad has trouble turning his cell phone on let alone running a PSP.[/QUOTE]

Mine plays games. He has a 360 and he plays various games. He's not that great and he's only ever ok with FPSs, but he plays games.

[quote name='rdogg1026']Does anyone's Dad play videogames? My Dad has trouble turning his cell phone on let alone running a PSP.[/QUOTE]

Mine does. He was a gamer before I even was...and a CAG before I even was (not officially, but he did buy a lot of clearance games at Toy Works for SMS and Genesis XD). He has 360, PS3...the whole bit. More than I have!

You, my friend, do not know of what you speak. I'm a dad (I have two kids) and I'm an 8th grade teacher. To put it politely:

"I've been playing games since you were a twinkle in your dad's eye"...so there.

[quote name='loserboy']You, my friend, do not know of what you speak. I'm a dad (I have two kids) and I'm an 8th grade teacher. To put it politely:

"I've been playing games since you were a twinkle in your dad's eye"...so there.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that Dad's didn't play games I was just curious if there were any CAG Videogame Daddies out there :booty:

As a gaming dad/CAG I say -Yay for bargains!

My kids are not old enough/rich enough to buy me any game I'd actually want, so I'm Mr. Deal Finder. Most of my relatives refer to me when looking for good deals.

As for the sale prices - GTA for $24 is a great deal, and the Wolverine game (while looking nothing like its' beefier versions) is actually a nice little game for $20. Will it be lower eventually? Of course, but it's not too bad for right now.

My dad can pour dozens of hours at a time into a game of Civilization. In fact, I credit much of my early interest in video games to the hours we spent playing Koei's Genghis Khan franchise on our first computer when I was little. Not to mention all the time we spent (and still spend) playing old table-top strategy games.

Since the average gamer is in his low 30's and I too am in my low 30's with 2 kids (6 and 3). So yeah I'd say there are plenty of dads who play games. I have close to 400 games. I have quite a few friends who are dads who also play games, so I'm not alone. Now if you're in your teens, early twenties, your dad probably doesn't game much, but if you're under ten there's a good chance your dad does or has gamed quite a bit.

Just being on the boards for a little while (I haven't made too many forum posts yet) I've easily determined many Dads here play console games. But I just don't picture too many Dads currently playing handheld games. Maybe Amazon is trying to take advantage of an untapped market?

FUNNY..with all the advancing technology esp in the gaming world my dad STILL plays Free cell/Solitaire/Hearts on his computer...i'm sure he's played EVERY SINGLE game possible in each of those...

he wins everytime...no surprise considering he knows EXACTLY what the computer is going to do lol

I'm a dad. But I don't think my dad plays anything but solitaire. When we were growing up, he couldn't handle the NES controller. So there are way too many buttons for him these days...

[quote name='charlescheese']Since the average gamer is in his low 30's and I too am in my low 30's with 2 kids (6 and 3). So yeah I'd say there are plenty of dads who play games. I have close to 400 games. I have quite a few friends who are dads who also play games, so I'm not alone. Now if you're in your teens, early twenties, your dad probably doesn't game much, but if you're under ten there's a good chance your dad does or has gamed quite a bit.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm 23 and my 63 year old dad loves computer games. Then again, this is the same guy who once wouldn't let me hook up my PS3 to his HDTV for fear it would do something malicious; and also can't work any of his remotes. Even old guys who play games are still old guys it seems. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Even old guys who play games are still old guys it seems. :D[/QUOTE]

[Insert Old Grandma Hardcore vid]

[quote name='rdogg1026']I didn't say that Dad's didn't play games I was just curious if there were any CAG Videogame Daddies out there :booty:[/QUOTE]

I'm 35 and I'm definitely a CAG Videogame Daddy :) I have two kids, one almost six and another 1-1/2 years old. I highly moderate how often the elder child plays (and the younger doesn't play at all, of course). Right now I want to instill reading, art, physical activities, music, creativity, etc. into them, with videogames being something they enjoy later.

That being said, if I buy anything (videogames, toys, etc.), I always remind them that we share it, and that it belongs to all of us in the family. My daughter still sometimes asks if she can play with my DS, and I correct her; I say "it's OUR DS" :) That helps when I want her to remember to keep her hands clean and treat the games and systems properly. :)

To keep this on topic, thanks for the post, OP! Those are some great bargains, and I can personally vouch for the durability of the Logitech PSP Slim case. It fits my PSP-3000 perfectly, and it also has room for the Extended Battery Kit battery cover, too! I love the plastic template they include for you to cut out a picture and place between the case and the rubber cushioning inside. Neat way to customize!

I'm in my 40's and put the kids to bed early so I can game...

[quote name='NeoGutsman']I'm 35 and I'm definitely a CAG Videogame Daddy :) I have two kids, one almost six and another 1-1/2 years old. I highly moderate how often the elder child plays (and the younger doesn't play at all, of course). Right now I want to instill reading, art, physical activities, music, creativity, etc. into them, with videogames being something they enjoy later.

That being said, if I buy anything (videogames, toys, etc.), I always remind them that we share it, and that it belongs to all of us in the family. My daughter still sometimes asks if she can play with my DS, and I correct her; I say "it's OUR DS" :) That helps when I want her to remember to keep her hands clean and treat the games and systems properly. :)
[/QUOTE]
My kid is turning 2 later this year, so these are some great ideas for when he's a bit older. Thanks! Also, sorry for not being on topic as well. Hopefully I don't offend any forum gods...

For the price, I'm thinking of picking up the Logitech PSP Slim case since I can't seem to find a joytron case anywhere.

I am a dad and I play games :D

I've got two kids and I play videogames with my oldest fairly frequently. Easy stuff on the DS, PSP, and he "helps me" play Rock Band/Guitar Hero. He's 2 and 1/2.

My brother is 27, a dad to two children now, and he plays video games. Our dad gets too stressed playing games though. Heh.
151l1259.jpg

You guys think a dad playing games is odd...my grandma is a gaming maniac!

She bought a Playstation in '96, PS2 in '02 and I got her a PS3 in 07 and she picked up a PSP last year! Her favorite game is God of War, which is funny because she's pretty religious. The gore doesn't bother her, but when she bought "Family Guy" she flipped out because of the adult humor.

Anyways, on the original topic--Civ Revolution for the DS is pretty good. I picked it up for $13 at Gamestop and it's really an excellent purchase, especially at that price.

Thanks OP.

Going to pick up the case for the psp on saturday. That would be a smart accessory for my psp as soon as I get it.

I have that pocket gear slim case and it is a great case to own. To bad magazines are dying though because that leaves less stuff to cut out for the case.

43, a dad.

My kids and I play Gamecube, PS2, DS (mine is blue/black), Mac, and Atari 2600 (4-switcher). I would have a Wii and a PS3 by now if kids weren't so expensive ;-)

I first gamed via modem on a teletype, and I played Adventure, Trek, and a Hunt the Wumpus variant called Mugato.

teletype.jpg

They will have to pry the controller from my cold dead hands.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']I have that pocket gear slim case and it is a great case to own. To bad magazines are dying though because that leaves less stuff to cut out for the case.[/QUOTE]
Huh?

[quote name='burritoman']You guys think a dad playing games is odd...my grandma is a gaming maniac!

She bought a Playstation in '96, PS2 in '02 and I got her a PS3 in 07 and she picked up a PSP last year! Her favorite game is God of War, which is funny because she's pretty religious. The gore doesn't bother her, but when she bought "Family Guy" she flipped out because of the adult humor.

Anyways, on the original topic--Civ Revolution for the DS is pretty good. I picked it up for $13 at Gamestop and it's really an excellent purchase, especially at that price.[/QUOTE]
Wow that's a cool g'ma. Mine wouldn't even use a microwave, and my dad only gets frustrated when he's tried any games. :cry: Except Solitaire.

[quote name='donssword']I first gamed via modem on a teletype, and I played...Trek...[/QUOTE]

Is that the game that print a new ASCII map after every turn, where you had to destroy the ships with torpedoes? If so, I played that, as well, and it was a lot of fun. I remember stuffing the handset into those cups to play via the phone. Now I really feel old...

[quote name='Baron O Hell']
I have that pocket gear slim case and it is a great case to own. To bad magazines are dying though because that leaves less stuff to cut out for the case.[quote name='J7.']Huh?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

He's talking about the ability to put a custom graphic into the case cover area.

Just placed my order for the case last night, thanks for the deal OP.

[quote name='mastermind']Just placed my order for the case last night, thanks for the deal OP.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be happy with that decision, mastermind. I own two PSP Slims (one was a gift) and used the Joytron/Nuritech case for one and the Logitech for the other. The Joytron was fitted to the Slim like no other case I've seen, but it was also, at day's end, a set of flimsy pieces of clear plastic, some of which eventually broke. The piece on the UMD cover had a way of flying off at inconvenient times. Meanwhile, the Logitech, which I hadn't pictured using at first, became more and more comfortable in the hand. Its solidity and grip didn't pose the same problems as the Joytron, either.

I now own two Logitech cases and use them constantly. Neither shows any sign of cracking, and the rubberized interiors keep the bodies of the PSPs smooth in ways that scuffed hard plastic could not (another reason the Joytron disappointed over time).

Wow, thanks for reassuring me on my purchase! I've been told the Joytron cases are the best, but I'm glad I haven't been able to find them now. Thanks for the mini-review, fidgeteer! :)

[quote name='Mysterio']Is that the game that print a new ASCII map after every turn, where you had to destroy the ships with torpedoes? If so, I played that, as well, and it was a lot of fun. I remember stuffing the handset into those cups to play via the phone. Now I really feel old...[/QUOTE]

I played the one with the ASCII map, but mostly the older all text one (but not the Script one)--they are both related though--the map version is a later iteration:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_(text_game)

My 50ish yr/old dad played NES w/ me the whole time I grew up. He plays Wii and DS; big racing and Metroid guy. When he's over at my place, he plays 360.

I got a 3mo/old. I'm his game playin' daddy now. :)

[quote name='mrmoodz']GTA Chinatown Wars is an awesome game!!! Especially for that price![/QUOTE]

It was a slightly better deal a little bit ago at Best Buy for $19.99.

For those thinking about the PSP GTA Stories, just a heads up that a PS2 Stories 2 pack is being released for $30 later this month. I am getting that (wish they would release an XBOX Originals version for XBOX 360 even though they never released it on disc). I own III, VC, and SA for both PS2 and XBOX and the XBOX side is only coming up short on Stories.

Yeah bro, I have 5 boys and game pretty hard core with and without them, what kinda question is that?

GTA Chinatown Wars appears to be back up to (near) full price. I thought this sale was supposed to last through June 21?

I updated the OP! Select Wii Games on Sale until next Saturday.
This is the first time I've written a page of deals with links on CAG - please let me know if there are any mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybee']GTA Chinatown Wars appears to be back up to (near) full price. I thought this sale was supposed to last through June 21?
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

That sucks...I wanted to pick that one up at a discount.

bread's done
Back