inFAMOUS Stunts

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

So, since some of the stunts in inFAMOUS are a pain to pull off and there is not an in-game list of all of the individual stunts I pulled together info from a number of web-sites I found by googling and supplied the links at the bottom.

I figure we can discuss tactics for each stunt and I can update this post with Spoiler tags for the different tactics or something.

Great Summary of Stunts and Estimated Difficulty Rating from the following site
http://www.thesixtha...he-stunts-list/
Solutions added by us.

Easy: :drool:

• Crush - Kill an enemy by crushing them with an object.
    Spoiler
  • Sticky Bomb - Kill an enemy by fixing a sticky shock grenade to them.
    Spoiler
  • Highfall - Kill an enemy by making them fall from a high place, usually over a ledge.
    Spoiler
  • Enviro Take Down - Kill an enemy with environmental explosion.
    Spoiler
  • Melee Finisher - Kill an enemy with the last hit of 5 hit melee combo.
    Spoiler
Tricky: :-#

• Air Strike - Kill an enemy with the Lightning Bolt move while Cole is in the air.
    Spoiler
  • Blast & Bolt - Kill an airborne enemy with the standard Lightning Bolt weapon.
    Spoiler
  • Flying Head Shot - Aim carefully, and take out an airborne enemy with a headshot.
    Spoiler
  • Flying Melee - Kill an airborne enemy with a melee attack.
    Spoiler
  • Unquenchable Thirst - Transfer to 4 different power grinds without touching the ground.
    Spoiler
  • Premature Detonation - Kill an enemy by making a bomb-equipped kamikaze enemy explode near them.
    Spoiler
Tough: :hot:

• Right Back At Ya - Use the Shockwave move to make enemy kill themselves with a grenade.
    Spoiler
  • Air Sticky Bomb - Like Sticky Bomb, but kill an airborne enemy by sticking a grenade to them.
    Spoiler
  • Insult To Injury - Stick a grenade to an enemy, but then kill them with another weapon (or melee) before it explodes.
    Spoiler
  • Whack A Mole - Take down a Conduit with the Thunder Drop move.
    Spoiler
  • Suspended Sentence - Kill an airborne enemy with the Lighting Storm move.
    Spoiler
  • Up Close And Personal - Take down 5 Enemies in 30 seconds with just the melee. Don’t fire in-between.
    Spoiler
Daft: :bomb:

• Crowd Control - Take down 5 Enemies at once.
    Spoiler
  • Splash And Crash - While in the air, Shock an enemy and then hit the same enemy with the Thunder Drop move.
    Spoiler
  • Have A Nice Fall - Kill 3 enemies at once by making them fall from a high place. Again, easier with a grenade.
    Spoiler
    Alternately
    Spoiler
    Then another possibility Warren boss-fight spoiler
    Spoiler
  • Ride The Lightning - Kill an enemy with Precision while rail grinding.
    Spoiler

General rule of thumb is to not take over all of the districts (yellow exclamation point side-missions) before you get all of the stunts or you'll be hard pressed to find enough enemies to finish up the stunts.

References:
http://faqs.ign.com/...6/986258p1.html
http://www.gamespot.....906&pid=942025
http://www.thesixtha....e-stunts-list/

Edited by woodcan, 08 June 2009 - 08:49 PM.
Added solutions for all

Spoiler

#2 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

Air Sticky Bomb is easy - once you upgrade Shockwave, it takes a lot longer for the enemies to fall and gives you more time to peg them with a grenade.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Chibi_Kaji

Chibi_Kaji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

Air Sticky Bomb is easy - once you upgrade Shockwave, it takes a lot longer for the enemies to fall and gives you more time to peg them with a grenade.

Isn't that upgrade on available to people with good karma?
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#4 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

Isn't that upgrade on available to people with good karma?

Pretty sure shockwave, thunder drop, melee, and damage reduction are all neutral skills.

#5 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

i cant do flying melee....any hints/tips?
Posted Image

#6 Chibi_Kaji

Chibi_Kaji

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

Pretty sure shockwave, thunder drop, melee, and damage reduction are all neutral skills.

Shockwave is a normal skill but the the positive Karma upgrade causes the enemy to float in the air for a second or two.
"People who get nostalgic about childhood were obviously never children." - Bill Watterson

Posted Image

#7 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

i cant do flying melee....any hints/tips?

On the IGN PS3 podcast one of the guys mentioned that it sounds more difficult than it is since when you do your melee attack repeatedly (combo) one of the last hits you do the enemy is airborne from a previous hit. I just kept hitting the melee button and pushing toward the enemy.
Spoiler

#8 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

Shockwave is a normal skill but the the positive Karma upgrade causes the enemy to float in the air for a second or two.

Theres good/evil upgrades on shockwave... I haven't upgraded that yet.:lol:

#9 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

My personal tally for me to keep track of my Hero run-thru stunts.

* = certain/performed multiple times

21/21 Stunts :whee:

• Sticky Bomb*
  • High Fall*
  • Enviro Take Down*
  • Blast & Bolt*
  • Flying Head Shot*
  • Premature Detonation*
  • Splash And Crash*
  • Ride The Lightning*
  • Flying Melee*
  • Unquenchable Thirst*
  • Whack A Mole*
  • Have A Nice Fall*
  • Insult to Injury*
  • Crush*
  • Air Strike*
  • Right Back At Ya*
  • Air Sticky Bomb*
  • Crowd Control*
  • Melee Finisher*
  • Up Close and Personal*
  • Suspended Sentence*

Edited by woodcan, 08 June 2009 - 08:36 PM.
personal status update -- complete

Spoiler

#10 Sovietmethod

Sovietmethod

For Stalin Grad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

ive got all the last set and all the first set i just need the middle set

Steam: SSovietmethod

Stream: Twitch.tv/sovietmethod

gallery_474050_8161_81208.jpg"Designed By Lilchiji"

ToxicinZanity.png

Get a Free Xbox One/Cash or Giftcards! - Join the CAGs Referral Conga Line – Super easy and it works!

#11 bmachine

bmachine

somewhat damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

Any advice on get the Unquenchable Thirst stunt? I can't seem to find an area with 4 grind areas relatively close together.

Posted Image
VGH#78: Forking Paths is now available
on iTunes, the Zune Marketplace and from http://vghangover.com.

Spoiler

#12 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

Cant you do it on power lines? That's what I did...

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#13 Voodoo_Lou

Voodoo_Lou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:06 PM

Any advice on get the Unquenchable Thirst stunt? I can't seem to find an area with 4 grind areas relatively close together.

Train tracks. Jump from one track to the next. Much easier then jumping across power lines. And easier still with the gliding power.

#14 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

haven't got the game yet but tagged for later. thanks for doing and compiling the research OP, very nice!!!
Posted Image

#15 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:24 PM

Great post, OP! This will definitely serve us well as we quest for that Platinum. ;)

Just wish the game had a more detailed explanation in-game...
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#16 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:26 PM

i can't get flying melee for the life of me. i've got most of the rest. the only other one i'm worried about is up close and personal

#17 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

For "Insult To Injury" the easiest way to get it is to stick a grenade to one of the junk-crab things, then fire your standard lightning bolt, it's a one hit kill and they tend to just stand still when they are a fair distance away from you.

#18 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

i can't get flying melee for the life of me. i've got most of the rest. the only other one i'm worried about is up close and personal

The easiest way to do it is to melee an enemy off of a roof and continue hitting the button. You should be able to get it no problem.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#19 erectiontown

erectiontown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

The easiest way to do it is to melee an enemy off of a roof and continue hitting the button. You should be able to get it no problem.

i've tried that a couple times, but must be doing something wrong... i'll try again tonight. thanks.

#20 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:02 PM

Flying melee can be done on the ground. Just keep kitting square. One of the hits will usually hit them up into the air and if you keep hitting them you will get it.

Those groups of spiders are good for Up Close and Personal.

#21 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

Strange... I swear I got Up Close and Personal with a shockwave... Since I don't remember ever meleeing 5 enemies....

#22 Gspoon

Gspoon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Subscribed

thanks i was wondering how to do some of these

#23 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

Train tracks. Jump from one track to the next. Much easier then jumping across power lines. And easier still with the gliding power.

Yeah, this is what I did.....I'll update the OP

Flying melee can be done on the ground. Just keep kitting square. One of the hits will usually hit them up into the air and if you keep hitting them you will get it.

Those groups of spiders are good for Up Close and Personal.

Yes, the continuous melee combo launches the person into the air near the end and you just hit them with the next hit of the combo.
Spoiler

#24 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:55 PM

Is there any way to see a list of what you have done so far? I'm at 18

#25 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

Is there any way to see a list of what you have done so far? I'm at 18

Nope, unfortunately not. You can only see the next stunt that you haven't done on the list. That's why I started redoing a lot of the stunts to mark them off as definitely done.
Spoiler

#26 Magus8472

Magus8472

The Sudden Stop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:33 PM

I got Suspended Sentance multiple times without even trying on the mission you get Lightning Storm in (the game encourages you to use it against several mobs of enemies). If you have trouble just try to hit the various exploding barrels/trucks when you're directing the thing and you'll probably knock someone in the air. If you're past that you can just look for any mob clustered around something that explodes.

Failing that, you'd have to try to shockwave someone against a wall (preferably a flat one like a billboard) and then immediately launch the storm before they hit the ground. Should be rather easy with good shockwave, but not so much with the evil one.
Posted Image

#27 diddy310

diddy310

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:12 AM

Okay, just need to do Splash & Crash, and the grenade deflect and 3 enemies off a rooftop one i believe. Hard enough getting an enemy to throw a grenade let alone actually hit him and kill him with it.

#28 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:12 AM

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a place to do Have a Nice Fall ... any potential in the Historic District?

#29 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

Woohoo!!! I got my all stunts trophy! :whee:

I got Suspended Sentance multiple times without even trying on the mission you get Lightning Storm in (the game encourages you to use it against several mobs of enemies). If you have trouble just try to hit the various exploding barrels/trucks when you're directing the thing and you'll probably knock someone in the air. If you're past that you can just look for any mob clustered around something that explodes.

Failing that, you'd have to try to shockwave someone against a wall (preferably a flat one like a billboard) and then immediately launch the storm before they hit the ground. Should be rather easy with good shockwave, but not so much with the evil one.

Yeah, that's where I got it too. I had my Megawatt Hammer fully upgraded so that people float when hit by it which helped to hit them with the Lighting Storm.
Spoiler

#30 fizzywix

fizzywix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:54 PM

About Have a Nice Fall:
There are side missions like the water tower ones that spawn lots of enemies on the roof, I would try to get this on one of those missions. Otherwise, grind and fly around the rooftops until you find a spawn of 3 enemies standing in a circle and blast them off.

I'm having trouble with right back at ya :[ Do reapers and dustmen throw grenades? I only recall seeing the first sons use them