Photo
- - - - -

Tales of Monkey Island Pre Order Bonus!!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 buckythekat

buckythekat

dv8 King of Concerns

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the website said if you preorder you get all the episodes as they are released on your computer in downloadable form, and then all 5 eps will be released on a single disc which you just pay shipping for, so you get it both ways.

yes but it wouldn't be download via Steam

#32 LoveLost

LoveLost

Slutting it UP!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:58 PM

TellTale games is Having their 5th anniversary Sale.You can get any game episode for $5. All their Games are great. I totally recommend them. Sam & Max, StrongBads Cool Game For Attractive People and Wallace and Gromit. Just need to use coupon code:
RGQ-ZM4-KHT-EB8

or click this link:

http://www.telltaleg...RGQ-ZM4-KHT-EB8

Sale ends on June 16th!!!!

#33 Starbuccaneers

Starbuccaneers

Coffee House

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:07 PM

What happened to Guybrush? He has a goatee now. Trailer

Spoiler

#34 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

if you order directly from Telltale you get 2 copies of the game. 1 download and 1 dvd. so you get both and you can gift/sell/trade the dvd if you want.

Yeah but I like buying PC games through Steam. Valve gives me lots of free TF2 content, I reward them by buying games though Steam.
Posted Image

#35 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:32 PM

The art looks fine, though I miss the art of COMI. The goatee also looks fine, it's like a blend of MI2 (full beard) and COMI (clean shaven). I'm very happy that they have the right voice (perhaps the voice from COMI?) for Guybrush. I just wonder who they're going to have voice Elaine, British or American.

I also expect a return for Murray -- he is comic gold.

#36 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

i played tons of pc games growing up, almost all the sierra games ie. kings/space/police quests, leisure suit larrys, x wing and tie fighter were great from lucas arts, never did play the monkey islands, always wanted to though. where can i get a hold of the originals?
Posted Image

#37 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:31 PM

i played tons of pc games growing up, almost all the sierra games ie. kings/space/police quests, leisure suit larrys, x wing and tie fighter were great from lucas arts, never did play the monkey islands, always wanted to though. where can i get a hold of the originals?

Wait for the remake of the original on XBL

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#38 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

Wow, this is the first I hear of this new Monkey Island game. Count me in!
Spoiler

#39 sundrop

sundrop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

*Season customers who order after July 7 will still be eligible for the DVD, but only pre-order customers will receive the limited edition cover. Shipping will be charged when you come back to order the Collector's DVD.

#40 KeyserSoze81

KeyserSoze81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

That was easily the fastest that I've ever typed my credit card number in; it has been purchased!

New Monkey Island! God read my letters!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 RaidenMGS3

RaidenMGS3

Past the mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:32 AM

That was easily the fastest that I've ever typed my credit card number in; it has been purchased!

New Monkey Island! God read my letters!

Now hopefully He reads mine and these will come out for the 360 or PS3 as well...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 tcolberg

tcolberg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 08:31 AM

Woot. Pre-ordered my season of ToMI. I'm expecting that DVD case to look extra spiffy.

#43 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:01 PM

Just wanna bump this up b/c the preorder bonus is ending soon

#44 DantheApe

DantheApe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:06 AM

i preordered this as early as i could. The extra forum is great, you can acutally interact with the dev team and the voice actors...Dominic Armato even has a q and a thread where he regularly posts.
"People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on."

~Bill Cosby

#45 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

I love Sam & Max. Is MI the same type of humor?

#46 Sulik2

Sulik2

Fallout Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

I love Sam & Max. Is MI the same type of humor?

Monkey Island is different humor, but I always found the MI games to be more funny than Sam N' Max as a whole. Thats not to say Sam & Max aren't funny, Monkey Island is just gold. Look up some clips of insult sword fighting to get an idea of the humor. Or anything with Murray in it.
Posted Image

#47 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

Supposed to be out today (episode one, at least). How the hell do I download it? I already ordered it days ago.

76561197983083270.png

#48 DantheApe

DantheApe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

the site is getting hammered, give it time
"People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on."

~Bill Cosby

#49 hobbie8046

hobbie8046

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

They don't even have a link for it yet. I have noticed that the site has been going down intermittently today.

76561197983083270.png

#50 DantheApe

DantheApe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:31 PM

people are really anxious for this one...methinks they were not prepared

~Bill Cosby

#51 Ness3

Ness3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

I want to get this on the Wii. Actual pointing and clicking sounds like fun. I hope it comes out soon or I might cave in and get the PC version.

Posted ImagePosted Image