Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Gran Turismo 5 - 1000+ Cars! - 1/6: GT5 XL Edition w/DLC & Spec 2.0 - 1/17 - $39.99

• Please log in to reply
1319 replies to this topic

#31 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

Just looking at the things that we do KNOW about Forza 3 and GT 5... can't be all agree that GT5 looks like the more "comprehensive" racing game. The problem with Forza 3 is the 360. I'm sorry, but I think that the 360 has reached its limit and has done all it can do. Forza 2 was a more complete game than Prologue but graphically it was out classed.
Posted Image

#32 MisterBee

MisterBee

Slave To DOTA2

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

Man that trailer got me really excited for a sim racing game, might have to get NFS: Shift if GT5 isn't this year. I think I'm going to have to hook the ps2 back up, breakout the DFP and play some GT4 today...

#33 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

Forza 3 will be very good but 360 will always be handicapped by that toy wheel. I don't get how Microsoft who wants to topple the GT series is dumb enough to not support Logitech wheels or put out a premium wheel. But Sony is even dumber for giving Microsoft this opening.

http://news.teamxbox...l-for-Xbox-360/

900° steering rotation
clutch
sequential shifter
6+1 H-pattern shifter
force feedback

#34 Pavel6969

Pavel6969

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 05:51 PM

Must say, this looks awesome. I have always been a fan of the GT series, even dropped $30 on the "demo". And as a Nascar fan, this game looks even better. I was planning on buying it anyways, but Nascar makes it a must have. Now if it would just get released this century!

#35 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

Just looking at the things that we do KNOW about Forza 3 and GT 5... can't be all agree that GT5 looks like the more "comprehensive" racing game. The problem with Forza 3 is the 360. I'm sorry, but I think that the 360 has reached its limit and has done all it can do. Forza 2 was a more complete game than Prologue but graphically it was out classed.

You are sadly mistaken if you think the 360 has reached its limit. Gears 2 is still arguably the best looking game this gen. As far as graphics in a racing game I would suspect it is MUCH easier to ramp up the graphics on in game models when the game itself isnt even a full game. Forza had full car customization along with integrated online features - none of which the GT series has ever had. You cannot compare a polished demo to a full retail release. That is just plain dumb.
Posted Image

#36 MiniB0ssBattle

MiniB0ssBattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:22 PM

Exciting news! I hope for three things:
Lobby with friend invites for game, host and invite games.
Season/Set of tracks with online friends
Racing Ladders, friend's stats.

#37 laaj

laaj

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:22 AM

http://news.teamxbox...l-for-Xbox-360/

900° steering rotation
clutch
sequential shifter
6+1 H-pattern shifter
force feedback

That wheel will have limited production run of 5000 (not counting the gutted version) which means not many games will support it other than Forza 3. But I can't wait until this reaches my local stores so I can try it out before spending nearly $500 on it.

#38 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:11 AM

That wheel will have limited production run of 5000 (not counting the gutted version) which means not many games will support it other than Forza 3. But I can't wait until this reaches my local stores so I can try it out before spending nearly $500 on it.

So you make fun of MS' racing wheel and whel someone shows you a badass wheel you nay say it because of its price and production run?

As far as working with other racing games it seems like it will work with pretty much all of them PLUS PC games.

Official licensed for Xbox 360 (fully compatible with PC and other platforms as well)
Backwards compatible with existing games on the Xbox 360 Wireless connection with Xbox 360 and wireless connection through RF dongle to PC (new and improved technology) – Optional cable connection to PC and other platforms

Fantec has a few different versions of the wheel and not all approach $500.

Did the Official MS Wheel even sell 5000 units?
Posted Image

#39 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:42 AM

Turn 10 is talking shit:
http://www.joystiq.c...mpetes-with-us/

Forza Motorsport 3 game director Dan Greenwalt is proud of his game. More specifically, he believes that Forza 3 has surpassed all of the competition, most notably Gran Turismo. When asked how Forza is positioned against other racing stalwarts like Need for Speed and Gran Turismo, Greenwalt did not mince words.

"I'm in this industry because of Gran Turismo, let's just be frank," said Greenwalt. He then explained that Gran Turismo inspired his first "stressful" car purchase, a Mitsubishi 3000GT, saying that is was "a great car in that game, and I thought 'Oh my God, if I'm ever going to have a car, that's the car that I want.'" Then things got ugly.

"So, props to Kazunori Yamauchi-san and the PS1 team," said Greenwalt. "That said," he continued, "I feel that he's passed us the baton. Perhaps he hasn't meant to, but we have taken the genre to new levels and they've stopped evolving the genre. So again, tremendous respect to him, but I'd say the differentiator is they're old school." He conclued, "The emperor's naked, and I don't want to, you know, I don't want to slap him around, but no game competes [with] us right now."

A bold claim to make, especially considering that neither Forza 3 nor Gran Turismo 5 have actually released yet. Whenever they do, we're hoping for a good rumble, Sharks vs Jets style.

#40 laaj

laaj

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:59 AM

How is he talking shit? Basically he's saying that there are no true challenger to Forza 2/3 for hardcore racers. Which is definitely true until Sony puts up a challenge by finally releasing GT5. All this reminds of how Sony fought Sega's Dreamcast with future promises of awesome titles while they had nothing at the time. Microsoft isn't Sega and they have the money to fight back.

#41 laaj

laaj

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:11 AM

So you make fun of MS' racing wheel and whel someone shows you a badass wheel you nay say it because of its price and production run?

As far as working with other racing games it seems like it will work with pretty much all of them PLUS PC games.

Fantec has a few different versions of the wheel and not all approach $500.

Did the Official MS Wheel even sell 5000 units?

I have never heard of Fantec before now but it is a safe bet that $500 wheel won't be good as that price tag. Porsche license alone will be like $100 and another $50 for less streamlined production model compared to Logitech. It also appears they don't have any 3rd party retailers so buyers have to spend money on wheel they have not even demoed. I'll stick to G25 until something better comes along.

#42 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:12 AM

He is clearly talking shit when he says Kaznunori and PDigital are old school and have passed the baton, unable to evolve, and that no one can compete with Turn 10. He isn't talking about Forza 2 he's talking about Forza 3 vs GT 5, NFS Shift, and any other competitors, but specifically GT 5. And it's kind of stupid to talk like he is when he is unaware of what his competitors have to offer and has not played their games.

#43 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

GT5 had a rather non-showing @ E3. No demos or anything upstairs or downstairs.

Forza 3 on the other hand had some really crazy nice setups, but then again the game is launching in fall and GT5 is TBD. This kind of bums me out because the Forza 3 people there said my G25 wheel probably wouldn't be compatible for Forza 3 which kind of kills it for me.

On the other hand I know that GT5 (whenever it's released) will def be nicely compatible w/ the G25 wheel.... and the good quality wheel is almost half of the fun for me.

btw, after playing forza 3 w/ the fantec wheel, I can still say it's clearly inferior to the G25 and I refuse to have more than 1 wheel periphial in my house at any time, esp when they all support USB.... bastards..

#44 laaj

laaj

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

He is clearly talking shit when he says Kaznunori and PDigital are old school and have passed the baton, unable to evolve, and that no one can compete with Turn 10. He isn't talking about Forza 2 he's talking about Forza 3 vs GT 5, NFS Shift, and any other competitors, but specifically GT 5. And it's kind of stupid to talk like he is when he is unaware of what his competitors have to offer and has not played their games.

Kaznunori himeself have stated damage physics might not make it to GT5. You don't think that doesn't fit "unable to evolve"? And yes PD have passed the baton just by not even showing up for the race (pun :-P). It doesn't matter how good GT5 will be because until it actually gets released, Forza 3 will be on top of the hill even with the gimped wheel support.

#45 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

LOL at that brash statement. If that had been Sony staff that said that, the news sites would be all over it with snarky comments to add to the dogpile.

#46 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:29 PM

LOL at that brash statement. If that had been Sony staff that said that, the news sites would be all over it with snarky comments to add to the dogpile.

Of course they would. Why would Sony say something like that without at least a current gen racing sim out there? So yes, if Sony said they were king of the racing games everyone would be like "where the Fuck is your game?"
Posted Image

#47 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

this game looking so fucking awesome

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#48 cartman58

cartman58

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:54 PM

God I can't wait. But I was thinking it would be out this year....:cry:

#49 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:45 PM

Of course they would. Why would Sony say something like that without at least a current gen racing sim out there? So yes, if Sony said they were king of the racing games everyone would be like "where the Fuck is your game?"

btw Where the Fuck is their game? At this point, anybody in the PD building should be working on the game. Hell even the janitor can pitch in. I want GT5 this year, but if PD isn't ready I respect that. Yamauchi is the Miyamoto of cars. I respect that fact that he's passionate and has an attention to detail. GT5 I think is going to be a celebration of racing, whereas Forza 3 is just another game in the series.
Posted Image

#50 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

btw Where the Fuck is their game? At this point, anybody in the PD building should be working on the game. Hell even the janitor can pitch in. I want GT5 this year, but if PD isn't ready I respect that. Yamauchi is the Miyamoto of cars. I respect that fact that he's passionate and has an attention to detail. GT5 I think is going to be a celebration of racing, whereas Forza 3 is just another game in the series.

Hopefully it is a good celebration, not an overhyped shitty one...
Posted Image

#51 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:32 PM

Hopefully it is a good celebration, not an overhyped shitty one...

lol if it sucks we'll call it Gran Turismo 5: Alan Wake Edition

j/k you know people are talking about this game now because of E3, but honestly, the hype is probably going to die down. The release date is still set for a brisk TBA.
Posted Image

#52 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

Gran Turismo Forever!

:P

#53 J7.

J7.

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:53 PM

Kaznunori himeself have stated damage physics might not make it to GT5. You don't think that doesn't fit "unable to evolve"? And yes PD have passed the baton just by not even showing up for the race (pun :-P). It doesn't matter how good GT5 will be because until it actually gets released, Forza 3 will be on top of the hill even with the gimped wheel support.

So it's not talking shit in your opinion because you take the guy's words as fact... apply that same logic to other things. It doesn't matter if its true or not, what matters is the guy said it.

Anyways GT 5 will probably have damage and even if it did not, damage is not the biggest things in terms of evolving a racing game. I'd think career structure overhaul, AI, online features, number of opponents, etc are more important.

So you think they passed the baton straight into Turn 10's hands because they didn't rush GT 5 to market like Forza 2... yes Forza 2 was rushed when you see what they have achieved with Forza 3.

Edited by J7., 08 June 2009 - 08:20 PM.

#54 smiggity

smiggity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Im gonna laugh when this game has over 1000 cars and then the Forza people are like "But we can paint and stuff...."

GT is the ONLY true racing sim out there. Forza is closer to Burnout than GT.

#55 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

GT is the ONLY true racing sim out there. Forza is closer to Burnout than GT.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

#56 smarkbran

smarkbran

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:50 PM

This game might be enough to turn me to the darkside....this and uncharted 2.

Visit UltraMegaCyborg.com for the latest Gaming and Entertainment News/Reviews and of course: CONTESTS!

Who is Ultra Mega Cyborg:

#57 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:24 PM

http://e3.gamespot.c...ries;play_btn;5

The interview GameSpot had with Kazunori Yamauchi suggests that they may be working on a feature to let you transfer cars to future Gran Turismo games, regardless of the platform they came from.

#58 J7.

J7.

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:54 PM

http://www.guerillap...om/blog/?p=2365
There is suppose to be another feature coming to GT5 like customization. In this feature you’ll be able to get on the actual web browser ‘m assuming through the games browser and go to an online store and purchase different car parts like engines, mufflers, exhaust pipes and such. And the cool thing about this is that they will be actual manufacture parts with actual specs as if you were really buying it for your own car. You’ll also be able to mix and match different parts to make you car top notch. This will be the first time we see real official car parts from real manufactures make available in GT5 for a great customization experience. These features are apparently being discussed and if these features make it into the final game then this will be huge.

#59 laaj

laaj

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:44 AM

Anyone thinking NASCAR and WRC features will be very light? Because if GT5 becomes "THE" NASCAR and WRC racer then holders of NASCAR and WRC rights might find it difficult to sell those licenses in the future. Like no more annual EA's payment to NASCAR for example.

Fun reading about PD checking out Forza 3 and taking notes during E3: http://www.eurogamer...ecked-out-forza

#60 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

Anyone thinking NASCAR and WRC features will be very light? Because if GT5 becomes "THE" NASCAR and WRC racer then holders of NASCAR and WRC rights might find it difficult to sell those licenses in the future. Like no more annual EA's payment to NASCAR for example.

Fun reading about PD checking out Forza 3 and taking notes during E3: http://www.eurogamer...ecked-out-forza

I doubt it because the more games that use the license the more money that they will make.
Posted Image