CAGcast #161: An E3 2009 Podcast

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]Uploaded at a blistering speed of 11kbps, here is an E3 podcast that was almost a video podcast. You may listen if it pleases you.

Note: It probably won't please you.

[podcast]69[/podcast]
Download - 61 minutes, 55MB
[/preview]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a bad podcast? Meh, I just like pretending I have the company of beautiful women... I try to tune CheapyD out...

[quote name='ashkpa']It's a bad podcast? Meh, I just like pretending I have the company of beautiful women... I try to tune CheapyD out...[/QUOTE]
I like your Style!

SuperCAGifragilistic!

(some good old red eyed, beer powered E3 coverage would be fun, though)

thanks!

Awesome. My Train ride home just got a LOT better! Thanks for taking the time to make this Cheapy! (and Shipwreck)

Was just listening to the ABNORMALLY LONG Giant Bomcast from day 2. Leigh Alexander just absolutely goes OFF for about an hour. I think I'll switch to the CAGCast. Thanks for taking the time Cheapy and Ship.

Damn it I won't be able to download until tomorrow morning. Nice surprise though.. is this like the first ever podcast you've done WHILE at e3? If so kudos doing it for the fans!

Edit: Just wondering quick did you do the regular show feedback/CAG bag on this? Or are you waiting to do show 160 when you're back home? Thanks.

Only an hour show? Is it going to be 20 minutes talk of E3 and the rest just talks of Cheapy getting stoned and buying pants? If it is I can definitely settle for that.

[quote name='gunm']Rats, I can't stream it off the web-based player.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had to download it from iTunes. I'll listen to it on the train ride home.

hehe E3 envy, eh?

I want cheapy and ship to actually TRY Natal and then see if they still feel the same way about the tech and it's future.

[quote name='Wombat']about halfway through, feels like something is missing I just can't place it...[/QUOTE]

you know you're right, but i wonder what that something is hmmmmmmm:roll:

[quote name='ShinAkumA21']you know you're right, but i wonder what that something is hmmmmmmm:roll:[/QUOTE]

speaking of it, what happened at the very end - the scalping part?

So, when Wombat and Shipwreck make a podcast, it's a CAGplay Forecast. When Cheapy and Ship make one, it stays a CAGcast? :whistle2:k I dunno, it makes it seem like Wombat is a disposable part of the CAGcast crew.

CheapyD... I didn't see you once at E3 and at one time I was standing in line a few people behind Shipwreck but you were no where to be found. And I pretty much saw everyone there, I'm guessing you weren't there to often? I was bummed! Oh well.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']CheapyD... I didn't see you once at E3 and at one time I was standing in line a few people behind Shipwreck but you were no where to be found. And I pretty much saw everyone there, I'm guessing you weren't there to often? I was bummed! Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Did you say hi? I'm curious as to what I was standing in line for now as I don't remember standing in too many without Cheapy.

I'm 92.5% sure it was you standing in line for Dantes Inferno. But now that I think of it... that doesn't seem like a Shipwreck game. But the guy looked identical to you!

a video podcasts would have been nice,but i guess cheapy isnt superman, oh well...cheapy if ur going to attend next years E3 make sure that you have a decent prepared show. No, im not bashing you for having a underprepared show however i will say you could have done more for the show, like interview someone or make an actual video podcast and give tour of E3 , something like that would have been awesome becuase most of the time us regular folk only get to see the games in action, seeing games is nice and all, but sometimes we need something more.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I'm 92.5% sure it was you standing in line for Dantes Inferno. But now that I think of it... that doesn't seem like a Shipwreck game. But the guy looked identical to you![/QUOTE]

Nope, that wasn't me. I didn't see that game.

[quote name='stonefry']Was just listening to the ABNORMALLY LONG Giant Bomcast from day 2. Leigh Alexander just absolutely goes OFF for about an hour.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You were not exaggerating. Even when other people are talking, she's still talking... loudly.

[quote name='Wombat']about halfway through, feels like something is missing I just can't place it...[/QUOTE]

more cowbell. eh you all should have just waited and done a show later on after you got some sleep. i didnt finish this show since your monotone delivery kept putting me to sleep. so whats up with the booth babes tell me you got some freakin pics, video something concerning the booth babes????

thats what E3 is really all about. and did you get cop a feel off of Olivia Munn or Morgan Webb? bet theyre pretty fun after a few drinks.............

[quote name='Chadfx']a video podcasts would have been nice,but i guess cheapy isnt superman, oh well...cheapy if ur going to attend next years E3 make sure that you have a decent prepared show. No, im not bashing you for having a underprepared show however i will say you could have done more for the show, like interview someone or make an actual video podcast and give tour of E3 , something like that would have been awesome becuase most of the time us regular folk only get to see the games in action, seeing games is nice and all, but sometimes we need something more.[/QUOTE]

You obviously didn't get the memo. Cheapy warned us in advance to expect NOTHING from him at E3, so this small suckling from his teat is actually a treat, believe me.

[quote name='orko60']You obviously didn't get the memo. Cheapy warned us in advance to expect NOTHING from him at E3, so this small suckling from his teat is actually a treat, believe me.[/QUOTE]

that could be the next big thing in snack foods. Teat Treats, When Jerky Just Isnt Enough.

[quote name='shipwreck']Nope, that wasn't me. I didn't see that game.[/QUOTE]
Wow, crazy. Good thing I didn't shout "Shipwreck!" at him...

[quote name='stonefry']Was just listening to the ABNORMALLY LONG Giant Bomcast from day 2. Leigh Alexander just absolutely goes OFF for about an hour. I think I'll switch to the CAGCast. Thanks for taking the time Cheapy and Ship.[/QUOTE]

She absolutely ruined that podcast. She wouldn't shut up about how GREAT Metal Gear is, how underrated it is. blah blah blah. I don't think MGS could be rated any higher. People freaking worship that game. She also went into a strange rant about how "sexless" Resident Evil is. It might have been a little better if her voice didn't sound like a dog humping a cheese grater. You should just skip halfway through and she finally leaves.

Why is there no video for this if it has been recorded? Just because of bandwidth? Will it come later?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys. You are the first ones I've heard to actually call out how silly it is to watch a movie with a "party" on Xbox Live, and how it's not very feasible that you can stream 1080p video while you watch. I can't even stream flash movies from Youtube at high enough speeds sometimes. How is this going to work?

11kbps...really? If that's on wireless, then Holiday Inn is either using shitty routing equipment, or someone in that building/parking lot is hogging the bandwidth. No chance in piggybacking off a local unsecured connection even if only temporary? Maybe a nearby Starbucks with free wi-fi? I would assume especially out west that the connectivity would be much better then what it sounds like.

[quote name='ryanflucas']11kbps...really? If that's on wireless, then Holiday Inn is either using shitty routing equipment, or someone in that building/parking lot is hogging the bandwidth. No chance in piggybacking off a local unsecured connection even if only temporary? Maybe a nearby Starbucks with free wi-fi? I would assume especially out west that the connectivity would be much better then what it sounds like.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever been to a Holiday Inn? It's probably the cheapest connection they could buy split between 50 other people.

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']Have you ever been to a Holiday Inn? It's probably the cheapest connection they could buy split between 50 other people.[/QUOTE]

I haven't but yeah they must have cheaped out. I think I'm spoiled by the laziness around here. Most chain hotels here have static ips running business class cable. If it's still slow there's usually enough businesses nearby that never secure anything so wireless is plentiful. Not many holiday inns though, mostly la quintas.

[quote name='rogueweapon']what, no best of show personal picks or weed stories?[/QUOTE]

I tuned in for weed stories and was bitterly disappointed.

It did sound like Cheapy had scored some benzos as he didn't seem to care about anything he'd seen. He was all 'meh' and 'feh' and 'that doesn't interest me' about just about everything.

Man, Cheapy sounded bored as hell. I Tuned in for buying pants while stoned stories. I DIDN'T GET THAT! INSTEAD I GET ACTUAL DISCUSSION OF VIDEO GAMES!? THIS IS NOT THE CAGCAST I KNOW OF!

Well, this was different. A CAGcast where Cheapy sounds like he's bored the entire time, with absolutely nothing added in there except for what was done during the E3 days.

So where's the WomCast? Part of me expected Wombat to make his own podcast by himself. Probably could have been more entertaining. Though a guy talking to himself can be somewhat creepy...

[quote name='rogueweapon']what, no...weed stories?[/QUOTE]
Read between the lines. Those big, powdery, white lines.

I was just happy to get a CAGcast, as to Cheapy's monotone-ness, or meh-ness, the jet lag he is experiencing now is unimaginable, +drinking, + other things = tired cheapy.

I like cheapy's veiw on the motion controllers, til they come out with some good GAMES with these things I can't give 2 *****.

Look how well they did with the Live vision cam.......

Man it's funny I have this friend who can't stand the Wii and the casual turn they have gone to, when the Wiimote came out he said it was a gimmick and it wouldn't work

Right when I saw project Natal I sent him a msg just saying "Project Natal" and he said "something new"

lol pwned

great podcast guys, where is this video hosted? Would love to see a tired tired Cheapy and semi drunk Shipwreck wobbling around

[quote name='Energy Penguin']Read between the lines. Those big, powdery, white lines.

I thought the cabbie hooked him up with his buds but then again if that happened he'd say "this E3 was Awesome Dude!".

Needs Wombat. No offense to Cheapy or Shipwreck, but his snarky comments and analysis are what make the CAGcast to me.

It's amazing to me that LA is such a wasteland of bad internet during E3. Maybe next year rent a cellular data card for your laptop? Or maybe visit a Starbucks and spend $10 for decent WiFi.

You mentioned throughout a couple of times about "hopefully doing a video like this everyday" "enjoy the video podcast". Are you just mixing up your words or have you actually recorded some video? If so were is it?

great lil show. loved the impressions.

btw Cheapy, New Super Mario Bros Wii has a full single player mode with drop in/out co-op for up to 3 additional players. :)

Will there ever be a podcast where I don't have to turn my Zune/car speaker up to the max to be able to hear Shipwreck?

Hey thanks for giving us a show, much better than IGN did (no shows at all that I'm aware of.)

I don’t really agree with your comments on the Final Fantasy Wii game, the main reason I buy Final Fantasy games is for the interesting story. I don’t think graphics have anything to do with it and that’s why FF 7 is still so popular. Now days the FF 7 graphics look terrible but I still wana play it. (Sooo hyped for FF13) :)

bread's done
Back