Photo
- - - - -

Hollywood Video - Nintendo Monopoly for $1.99

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 tardoman

tardoman

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:46 AM

At my local Hollywood Video they have several versions of Monopoly for sale. The prices vary for each version, but the prices tagged on the boxes are sometimes quite different from the actual scanned price. The Nintendo version was tagged at $34.99, but it scans at $1.99 at the local store. I even managed to purchase it at that price, but of course it's probably YMMV.

#2 ddrlenz

ddrlenz

Jedi Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:50 AM

Nice find...was it a Hollywood Video as a stand-alone or one with a GameCrazy attached?
Check out my reviews of the best GPT and referral sites!
Total Freebie Site Earnings To Date: $4000.00+

Posted Image

#3 tardoman

tardoman

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:41 AM

It's a stand-alone Hollywood Video, however it does have what they call a "game zone" aka glass case.

#4 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

Hmm, the store by me had a ton of them the other day. I'll have to check this out.

Thanks op!

538822.png

#5 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:45 AM

What? What? Whaaaaat? Got to take a looksy for this.

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#6 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

I found one store that had it in stock. I asked her how much it was and she just said $19.99 and pointed at the label. I asked her if she could scan it. She scanned it, did a double take at the screen, and scanned it a few more times before telling me "uh, its $19.99"

BS

538822.png

#7 tardoman

tardoman

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:52 AM

I found one store that had it in stock. I asked her how much it was and she just said $19.99 and pointed at the label. I asked her if she could scan it. She scanned it, did a double take at the screen, and scanned it a few more times before telling me "uh, its $19.99"

BS

That sucks! It's probably hers now. :cry:

#8 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

my hollywood sold out of these within a week of getting them, while i was on vacation and was not able to purchase :(

#9 CloverField06

CloverField06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:53 AM

Is it only the nintendo version? One near me has a few other non nintendo monopoly sets.

#10 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:01 AM

Must hunt tommorow

#11 tardoman

tardoman

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:32 AM

Is it only the nintendo version? One near me has a few other non nintendo monopoly sets.

The Nintendo one was the only one REALLY cheap. I think the Pirates of the Caribbean version may have been the second cheapest @ $11.99. I'll check tomorrow if I can remember. :dunce:

#12 Pirate331

Pirate331

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

A GS near me has the Nintendo one for $15... I don't suppose there's a Sega version? I'm not much of a Nintendo fanboy but I'd definitely go for one bringing back the Genesis days...
Posted Image
Earn money by filling out mindless surveys!
http://www.cashcrate....php?ref=200970

#13 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:19 AM

BS

I woulda said 'sure i'll take it' and ask for a recite to call out her bluff. or just ask to look at the computer screen.

did anyone see any yankees or mlb monopoly games at low price?

#14 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:31 AM

Went to three Hollywood Videos and no dice. I am a Nintendo fanboy.

#15 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

I hope some nice CAG runs across a stash and offers them up for cost + shipping + small extra on here. That would make my week.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#16 Vhehs2

Vhehs2

Trading Ban

• Trading Ban

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:27 PM

Wow, $2 is really cheap. I really wanted to buy one a couple months ago, but it was $35 at a local gaming store.

#17 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

I went looking for this, but no Nintendo ones were in stock. However, they were having a B1G1 on all used last-gen games, most being 4.99. I also found something unusual, a PS1 game for $.25.

#18 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

I already have this, so I'm not too worried about it, but I know I've seen these at the Hollywood Videos when I was hunting for games during the 3.99 sale. I just gotta remember which one...
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#19 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

Most were bought up by HWV employees when the notification of the price drop came through late last month.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 tardoman

tardoman

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

I looked at the prices for some of the other versions of Monopoly.

Pirates of the Caribbean - $7.99
Chronicles of Narnia - $7.99

#21 io

io

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

Well, crap, I think there was a Beatles one too. My older son wanted that for Christmas and when I had extra HWV credit I was going to get it but he got plenty of other stuff and I forgot about it. I haven't seen any of these in my local store since around then though anyway.

#22 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:23 PM

There was also a James Bond version.

#23 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

Hollywood Video are friggin idiots. First store called their manager who automatically said it was an error and was going to override it to 19.99, even though I told them other people are getting it for a 1.99. Second store I spoke to the manager who immediately turned into a cock about it and was going to override it without telling me.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.