Hollywood Video - Nintendo Monopoly for $1.99

tardoman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
At my local Hollywood Video they have several versions of Monopoly for sale. The prices vary for each version, but the prices tagged on the boxes are sometimes quite different from the actual scanned price. The Nintendo version was tagged at $34.99, but it scans at $1.99 at the local store. I even managed to purchase it at that price, but of course it's probably YMMV.

I found one store that had it in stock. I asked her how much it was and she just said $19.99 and pointed at the label. I asked her if she could scan it. She scanned it, did a double take at the screen, and scanned it a few more times before telling me "uh, its $19.99"

BS

[quote name='Bezerker']I found one store that had it in stock. I asked her how much it was and she just said $19.99 and pointed at the label. I asked her if she could scan it. She scanned it, did a double take at the screen, and scanned it a few more times before telling me "uh, its $19.99"

BS[/QUOTE]

That sucks! It's probably hers now. :cry:

[quote name='CloverField06']Is it only the nintendo version? One near me has a few other non nintendo monopoly sets.[/QUOTE]

The Nintendo one was the only one REALLY cheap. I think the Pirates of the Caribbean version may have been the second cheapest @ $11.99. I'll check tomorrow if I can remember. :dunce:

A GS near me has the Nintendo one for $15... I don't suppose there's a Sega version? I'm not much of a Nintendo fanboy but I'd definitely go for one bringing back the Genesis days...

[quote name='Bezerker']I found one store that had it in stock. I asked her how much it was and she just said $19.99 and pointed at the label. I asked her if she could scan it. She scanned it, did a double take at the screen, and scanned it a few more times before telling me "uh, its $19.99"

BS[/QUOTE]

I woulda said 'sure i'll take it' and ask for a recite to call out her bluff. or just ask to look at the computer screen.

did anyone see any yankees or mlb monopoly games at low price?

I hope some nice CAG runs across a stash and offers them up for cost + shipping + small extra on here. That would make my week.

Wow, $2 is really cheap. I really wanted to buy one a couple months ago, but it was $35 at a local gaming store.

I went looking for this, but no Nintendo ones were in stock. However, they were having a B1G1 on all used last-gen games, most being 4.99. I also found something unusual, a PS1 game for $.25.

I already have this, so I'm not too worried about it, but I know I've seen these at the Hollywood Videos when I was hunting for games during the 3.99 sale. I just gotta remember which one...

I looked at the prices for some of the other versions of Monopoly.

Pirates of the Caribbean - $7.99
Chronicles of Narnia - $7.99

Well, crap, I think there was a Beatles one too. My older son wanted that for Christmas and when I had extra HWV credit I was going to get it but he got plenty of other stuff and I forgot about it. I haven't seen any of these in my local store since around then though anyway.

Hollywood Video are friggin idiots. First store called their manager who automatically said it was an error and was going to override it to 19.99, even though I told them other people are getting it for a 1.99. Second store I spoke to the manager who immediately turned into a cock about it and was going to override it without telling me.

bread's done
Back