Photo
- - - - -

GameStop's Guitar Hero & Rock Band Blowout Sale + $500 in Gift Cards Giveaway!

• Please log in to reply
3246 replies to this topic

#3241 Earmuffin585

Earmuffin585

Modding Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:18 PM

woot!
Posted Image

#3242 brandyinindiana

brandyinindiana

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2009 - 12:57 AM

I just got my 360 GHIII bundle that was ridiculously trashed - used guitar with stickers all over it (plus the used sticker sheets), and the game case didn't even have the disc! I am so frustrated right now. I knew GS's business practices were shady, but this is a bit ridiculous.

So, after being told on the phone that the only thing they could do was send me a refund slip and have me send it back for a refund, I decided to call my local store and see if they could do anything about it.

Talked to the manager of my local store, who said the SKU for my bundle was no longer in their system, so he couldn't do a straight trade. He also informed me that the SKU for the item I bought is how their old "used" bundles used to be marked, so there is no "New" about it. Instead of just telling me off like the phone people basically did, however, he proceeded to talk about how stupid GS's shipping people were, especially since I didn't even get a disc and got on the phone with someone apparently fairly high up, who admitted that there had been a miscommunication on the website, and that they were willing to do full refunds for everyone affected.

Store manager then told me that I could either take customer service's offer of returning the unit via the mail, or that he could give me a replacement disc, along with updating me to a better guitar by tricking his system into giving them to me for free. The guitar was still used, but it looked to be in absolutely perfect condition - no stickers, scratches or other blemishes. Just some fingerprints that were easily wiped away. Played for about an hour earlier - no complaints. Synced right up.

So, even though I still don't have a new bundle, I did get a much better version of the crap that the website sent me.

For everyone else in my situation, you might try taking it into your local store and see what they can do for you.

/ramble

#3243 iali86

iali86

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

Check out Gamestop price drops, some pretty good games.

#3244 Ronin317

Ronin317

The Yinzer Slayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

Check out Gamestop price drops, some pretty good games.

You bumped a 5 week old dead thread for this? WTF?:bomb:
Posted Image

#3245 Camwi

Camwi

Can I be a sasquatch too?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

iali86, I know you're a newbie and all but please don't do this type of thing anymore. It's bad CAG etiquette.

#3246 Mugen Power

Mugen Power

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:15 PM

Well, since it's bumped and I totally forgot about it, were winners chosen for the gift cards yet?

#3247 bananafish900

bananafish900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2009 - 01:45 AM

Well, since it's bumped and I totally forgot about it, were winners chosen for the gift cards yet?

Agreed, I want to know who got my gift card by mistake.