Namco Museum Virtual Arcade 360 -- $9.98 at TRU Online and In-Store

Any free/discounted shipping coupons available for this?

Also, can anyone who has it confirm that after HDD install of the arcade titles, you can play them without the disc inserted?

You always HAVE to have the disc in to play the game, including this one. Yes I have installed it. As a matter of fact, it seems to play the XBLA games off the disc even if you have installed it. No matter, $10 for 9 XBLA games plus 30 others is FTW.

[quote name='gordojones88']You always HAVE to have the disc in to play the game, including this one. Yes I have installed it. As a matter of fact, it seems to play the XBLA games off the disc even if you have installed it. No matter, $10 for 9 XBLA games plus 30 others is FTW.[/QUOTE]

Thx for the quick response, I'd basically be buying this for the Xbox Live games so no play w/o disc is probably a deal-breaker for me. But you certainly get a lot of gaming for your $10.

[quote name='dfo']Any free/discounted shipping coupons available for this?

Also, can anyone who has it confirm that after HDD install of the arcade titles, you can play them without the disc inserted?[/QUOTE]

This is not the case. In fact, even after a HDD install, the disk still spins in the drive when playing the arcade titles.

[quote name='dfo']Thx for the quick response, I'd basically be buying this for the Xbox Live games so no play w/o disc is probably a deal-breaker for me. But you certainly get a lot of gaming for your $10.[/QUOTE]

Having the disc in is a small price to pay for the amount of XBLA games you're getting. Buying them separately on XBL would cost way more than $10. Plus you can sell the disc once you get bored of it.

And yes, Pac-Man C.E. is awesome.

I paid $15 from EBGames a few months ago and thought I was getting a great deal. I was just playing Galaga today--definitely a recommended purchase!

I would SO get this, but I already have it! This is an amazing deal for such a group of games. I highly recommend this, and for $10, everyone should get this.

[quote name='gordojones88']You always HAVE to have the disc in to play the game, including this one. Yes I have installed it. As a matter of fact, it seems to play the XBLA games off the disc even if you have installed it. No matter, $10 for 9 XBLA games plus 30 others is FTW.[/QUOTE]

It should also be noted that only the 9 XBLA arcade games have achievements/leader board support. The other 30 games are pretty much "offline" experiences. This is still a great deal for those of you who missed out on the Gamestop sale.

I got this on amazon for 7.98 shipped and i have to say its hands down one of my best purchases next to silent hill homecoming for 9.99.

This happens with the other 'Arcade compilations' discs as well. I guess it's a bit off topic, but why would it sound like it needs to read the disc everytime you're playing the games. What's the benefit of installing it, if it's still reading the disc?
This does not happen with the other regular game discs.

Seems its out of stock online. I'm not able to add to cart :( I checked this at 6 but was on my phone and didn't want to order it then, dam me!

Same here. Say's In Stock but when I add to cart it won't let me ... I wish they had an option to buy it online if available in local store like BB ...

Picked one up after work today-- they were a little hard to find & still marked at $19.99. Scanned correctly as $9.98, though.

Had a blast reliving my old 80s arcade days, playing Xevious. Thanks OP!

Good game. I picked it up at GS during the Game Days when it was $15. I still feel like I got a decent enough deal being able to use cheap credit and not pay tax.

Does this game differ in achievements from their respective titles alone? Meaning, if I owned Pac-Man CE, Galaga Legions, and a handful of others would this just be those same achievements or do they actually list them seperately under Namco Museum Virtual Arcade?

Sucks that I own nearly every one of those games, but getting it might be worth it if the achievements stacked plus the 30 other odd games on there.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Does this game differ in achievements from their respective titles alone? Meaning, if I owned Pac-Man CE, Galaga Legions, and a handful of others would this just be those same achievements or do they actually list them seperately under Namco Museum Virtual Arcade?

Sucks that I own nearly every one of those games, but getting it might be worth it if the achievements stacked plus the 30 other odd games on there.[/QUOTE]

The XBLA titles are the same versions as the ones you'd download from the store. When you play pac/ms pac man or pacman CE, you're playing the XBLA version of the game, not a "namco museum" game that has its own achievements.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']does this game have multiplayer locally or does everything have to be played online to be multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

It's all local except for Mr. Driller Online (obviously).

[quote name='h0mi']The XBLA titles are the same versions as the ones you'd download from the store. When you play pac/ms pac man or pacman CE, you're playing the XBLA version of the game, not a "namco museum" game that has its own achievements.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, so much for that. If I didn't own 7 of the 9 titles already, i'd jump.

Thanks OP. Picked up the last copy at my local TRU. Even through I already have Pacman CE, Galaga Legions and Ms. Pacman from XBLA, it was still too good of a deal to pass up.

I bought 1 of these at gamestop a few weeks ago because for $15, that was a lot cheaper than the $5 each for ms pacman, pacman, pacman CE and the other games (and I already had pacman CE from my arcade bundle). Shame that the museum games do not have achievements.

bread's done
Back