CAGcast #162: Motion Sickness - An E3 2009 Wrap Up Show

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Woo! Another podcast I can listen to tomorrow!

That's some forbidden love right there, Cheapy. You and that pink dinosaur...

Wow, first time I'm on that a cagcast gets released. Still haven't listen to the previous one yet. Gonna have to do both of these tonight.

Haha, Cheapy D calls Wombat a jerk off for calling him early in the morning, yet its fine for him to call Wombat when hes sick as shit?

[quote name='SeanAmI']Haha, Cheapy D calls Wombat a jerk off for calling him early in the morning, yet its fine for him to call Wombat when hes sick as shit?[/QUOTE]

Wombat was at work and he TOLD ME TO CALL HIM. He gave me his phone number!
So yes, it is fine.

[quote name='CheapyD']Wombat was at work and he TOLD ME TO CALL HIM. He gave me his phone number!
So yes, it is fine.[/QUOTE]

I was unaware. Sorry.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I'm all backed up with podcasts this week, with all the E3 coverage and extra specials. I'm gonna have to fake paying attention to my conference calls and give this a listen.

[quote name='JMEPO']Alright new CAGcast ^__^
Haven't heard Wombat in a while![/QUOTE]
*I agree.. The last cagcast was definitely lacking some Wombat!

*Although I didn't listen to the podcast from last week, criticism about your coverage of E3 seems silly to me. I've never really expected the Cagcast to provide me with a real serious approach to providing video game news and its always been more about hearing the cast's opinions and experiences in the gaming world.

Please don't change a thing.

Here's my E3 coverage: Booth Babes are back! Bayonetta cosplay best of show!

*Also, CAG isn't a place to get your E3 coverage. It's a place to get video game deals. Not sure why anyone would think this year would be different from the others.

* I really enjoyed the blend between the 3 of you this week and think it should happen more in the future it sounded more natural . also shipwrecks comments on cheapy's single player experience with pot at e3 i thought was funny. one thing i didn't like though was the reviews at the beginning about last weeks e3 show i really don't know who i want to call a tard more cheapy for constantly trying to defend a point that didnt need to be or the people who downloaded it even they knew it would be crap.also great show this week.

This is going to sounds super stupid, but I've got an Uncharted 2 Beta code I won if someone wants it? I won it from Platform Nation, not knowing that it was a PS3 only title... *insert large DER!*

So you now have 11 to give away!!

And Wombat is dead on about Sacred to, freaking awesome, it's soooooo Diablo for Xbox, not Wow for Xbox... More a WoW lite for Xbox... The only flaw with the freaking game is that it's such a time hore! I've played it for over 10 hours and not even 15% done!!!!! RWOAR!

PM Me if you want the Uncharted 2 Beta code to giveaway too... :)

Despite Wombat's annoyingness.. (butting in while Cheapy is talking) great episode!

I agree with Motion... It's just not useful on xbox... If someone wants to play a game like that... they'll get a Wii.... they know that the Wii is purpose built for that type of thing...

I saw an interview with Stephen spielberg & some xbox employee... They said it would bring the people who dont have a console to the xbox.... WHAT? no it won't.. Wii is established as a motion, fun console... If they wanted that they would have that already...

Oh and... Didn't Wombat say a few episodes ago it was his Birthday on the weekend.... No happy birthdays for Wombat since??

Wombat is so hardcore. Drinkin' from a Wolverine 7-11 cup. Cheapy is just jealous.

EDIT: I say "star-fee." I think Wombat was right.*

*but I guess it doesn't really matter how you say it.

You know, I think the fact that Cheapy goes to E3 just to get high is fine. I mean, E3 is pretty crazy anyway and if you're looking for news there are just a lot of places out there. For example, both 1up and Giantbomb did 4 podcasts that week.

I might have zoned out a bit, but did you guys check out Heavy Rain? Apparently they showed a strip tease demo in their closed doors walkthrough. :lol:

Oh, and not to be subtle about it: *********! (That's a yes to the code!)

[quote name='firehawk12']Oh, and not to be subtle about it: *********! (That's a yes to the code!)[/QUOTE]

Shhhh!! It's a secret!*

good show guys. Cheaps, how did you score buds in LA? a dispensary? I'm glad a bunch of the E3 games are coming out in 2010, I'm still working through my '08 pile and waiting for price drops on early '09 releases like RE5, KZ2, etc. I just got the collectors edition of Saints Row2 for $30, and Stranglehold for $10. Shit man, I got no time to play all these great games ***

Oh, Cheapy, don't be a crybaby. :cry::cry::cry:, "don't wake my high, drunk ass up". You are correct though that Wombat should have recorded it, since he went through the trouble of pranking you.

Completely understand about the E3 "coverage". You made an attempt, and after all, it's the thought that counts. :applause:

I was unaware about the DLC news regarding both Rock Band Beatles and Modern Warfare 2. So to discredit yourselves as non-news site is a bit of a stretch. I learned it first on CAGcast that Activision and EA are continuing their quest to rip us gamers off.

Thanks fellas.

If there was one letdown for me this E3, it was the lack of any news coming out of the semi-officially announced Twisted Metal game. While Eat Sleep Play did say they wouldnt show off any projects at E3, I want a new TM game already.

[quote name='rogueweapon']good show guys. Cheaps, how did you score buds in LA? [/QUOTE]

I think it was the limo driver that hooked Cheapy up with the "Giant Bag of Weed". This was a great show. I LOL'ed at the story of Cheapy trying to convice the black guy he wasn't a "racist asshole" while totally baked thanks to the GBW.

Asterix01.jpg

I don't understand why people would criticize last weeks show. You went to E3 because you wanted to and were able to get in. I would have done the same thing. On top of that, you took time to record a show.... a show that is always free and always awesome. My only complaint was that it was not longer. Keep up the good work guys. ...and tell everyone whining that they can go fuck themselves.

You have said in the past that your parents listen to the show, are they cool with you always smoking weed? As i lost count how many times you mentioned it in the show.:)

* Thanks for turning me on to 1 vs 100. I don't know how I missed it, but it's something the wife may actually like to play too.

assasins creed did a complete 360 wombat? Oy. A 180 I think you mean. What is the size of a wombats brain anyway? Bigger than a peanut? Smaller?

I agree that you guys shouldn't have to bust your asses to cover E3. CAG is for deals. Another great show guys.

[quote name='kiddvid']assasins creed did a complete 360 wombat? Oy. A 180 I think you mean. What is the size of a wombats brain anyway? Bigger than a peanut? Smaller?[/QUOTE]

they completely turned the game around, so thats a 360, also wasn't I talking about Splinter Cell?

*Modern Warfare 2 i was pretty sure i was going to purchase day one but now I know that they are already have dlc planned and the game is 6 months from release it feels shady. I'm not paying $80 to get the complete package maybe i'll wait until i find it used or find a deal online but Infinity Ward can suck it if they think i am going to buy some dlc that should be on the disc and splinter the online community

Great show guys, especially because you talked about Sacred 2.

Got my copy on 4th June and I've played nothing else over the weekend. I'm loving it. I'll worn you it has a steep learning curve but once you understand it, its a great game (if your into this type of game). The link below is a great source of info because the manual is a bit thin considering how deep the game is: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5...2:Fallen_Angel

The best thing is my wife has got into it. We have spent many hours playing local coop. I had heard that you can't trade items when in local coop, however we could, so I guess this was fixed in a patch (great move).

There are a few minor glitches, but non are game breaking and can easily be overlooked when you consider the size and scope of the game. Local coop is good, my only gripe being that only one person can enter the inventory, menus, etc at a time. Again, I can overlook this issues because there is nothing better than being able to play a coop game with my wife.

Sorry I'm going on a bit, but I feel I need to make up for the fact that no one is talking about the game. Best game of the year so far in my opinion.

Gamertag: Marcus Gv

[quote name='Wombat']they completely turned the game around, so thats a 360, also wasn't I talking about Splinter Cell?[/QUOTE]
Number 1, I agree, and number 2, yes you were talking about Splinter Cell.

I thought Nintendo*s E3 conference wasn't that exciting. I thought Microsoft and Sony's conference were much better. And the PSP Go is terribly expensive, even if it is a lot more slick than the normal PSP. I think it should get at least a $50 price drop

I can't believe that Wombat or Shipwreck didn't butt in and tell you to shut the hell up about the damn weed. I love ya Cheapy, but goddamn you were annoying as hell this week with the weed talk.

We get it. You like to get high.

I just love when Cheapy talks about weed, sounds like a really fun trip feel kinda bad for Wombat for not going. Wombat BUY UNCHARTED 1 NOW!!! cant believe your hyped for Modnation racer and havn't played Uncharted. My fav game after Infamous.
Wtf is an "asteric" english not my 1st language ;*(

Well I've been saying it for a while now, classic RPG style games are very few and far between and from E3 it looks to be one of those genre's where most developers are too scared to dive into, or they just don't want to put the time and effort into creating them.
I'm quite disappointed as I have a PS3 and I have had to wait a long time and continue to wait for a decent one. Valkyria profile has had good reviews but not quite what I am looking in a RPG, i'm talking WKC, Demon's Souls, and FFXIII. But it's still a ways off and now I am left with all summer to not play them and then when they do come out I will be going to school and won't have the time.
/end rant
Anywho, good job on the cast guys. *

Cheapy I know you mean no harm, but you could work on racism thing like you did with the whole homophobia thing it'll extend the appeal of the show without alienating people. Obviously it'll save you from awkward meetings with former fans, and we know how much you like awkard meetings at videogame conferences. Do you think living in Japan you've become less culturally sensitive? I'm sure Wombat will enjoy calling you out on these remarks if you put him on duty.

I think it's funny that people complained about the E3 shows, but really I think it's a testament of how polished the cagcast normally is. I listen to a lot of podcasts and a lot of them are unpolished and pretty terrible.... especially at these shows (often unlistenable). Cagcast when edited is consistently awesome, and I guess it's understandable that people's expectations have become high.

* Loved the show as always! *

*I am kinda shocked that Shipwreck, the man that owns tons of disc based games, would support a digital only distributed platform (PSPgo). Maybe this is a change in time.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

bread's done
Back