Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #162: Motion Sickness - An E3 2009 Wrap Up Show

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31 panurge

panurge

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:15 PM

good show guys. Cheaps, how did you score buds in LA?

I think it was the limo driver that hooked Cheapy up with the "Giant Bag of Weed". This was a great show. I LOL'ed at the story of Cheapy trying to convice the black guy he wasn't a "racist asshole" while totally baked thanks to the GBW.

Posted Image

#32 djplasmid

djplasmid

Stand On Your Own

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

I don't understand why people would criticize last weeks show. You went to E3 because you wanted to and were able to get in. I would have done the same thing. On top of that, you took time to record a show.... a show that is always free and always awesome. My only complaint was that it was not longer. Keep up the good work guys. ...and tell everyone whining that they can go Fuck themselves.

#33 Viper139

Viper139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

Shipreck looks nothing like what I thought, lol
Posted Image Check out my blogs :D

#34 AgentSushi

AgentSushi

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

You have said in the past that your parents listen to the show, are they cool with you always smoking weed? As i lost count how many times you mentioned it in the show.:)
Posted Image

#35 skol

skol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

* Thanks for turning me on to 1 vs 100. I don't know how I missed it, but it's something the wife may actually like to play too.

#36 kiddvid

kiddvid

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:47 PM

assasins creed did a complete 360 wombat? Oy. A 180 I think you mean. What is the size of a wombats brain anyway? Bigger than a peanut? Smaller?

#37 ObiBen

ObiBen

Form Titan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

I agree that you guys shouldn't have to bust your asses to cover E3. CAG is for deals. Another great show guys.

#38 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

assasins creed did a complete 360 wombat? Oy. A 180 I think you mean. What is the size of a wombats brain anyway? Bigger than a peanut? Smaller?

they completely turned the game around, so thats a 360, also wasn't I talking about Splinter Cell?

#39 Thevoiceinyourhead

Thevoiceinyourhead

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:52 PM

Great show as allways guys, who cares if you didn't cover much of E3, as Shipwreck said this isn't a new site. *

#40 el swordo

el swordo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

*Modern Warfare 2 i was pretty sure i was going to purchase day one but now I know that they are already have dlc planned and the game is 6 months from release it feels shady. I'm not paying $80 to get the complete package maybe i'll wait until i find it used or find a deal online but Infinity Ward can suck it if they think i am going to buy some dlc that should be on the disc and splinter the online community

#41 Marcus Gv

Marcus Gv

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

Great show guys, especially because you talked about Sacred 2.

Got my copy on 4th June and I've played nothing else over the weekend. I'm loving it. I'll worn you it has a steep learning curve but once you understand it, its a great game (if your into this type of game). The link below is a great source of info because the manual is a bit thin considering how deep the game is: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5...2:Fallen_Angel

The best thing is my wife has got into it. We have spent many hours playing local coop. I had heard that you can't trade items when in local coop, however we could, so I guess this was fixed in a patch (great move).

There are a few minor glitches, but non are game breaking and can easily be overlooked when you consider the size and scope of the game. Local coop is good, my only gripe being that only one person can enter the inventory, menus, etc at a time. Again, I can overlook this issues because there is nothing better than being able to play a coop game with my wife.

Sorry I'm going on a bit, but I feel I need to make up for the fact that no one is talking about the game. Best game of the year so far in my opinion.

Gamertag: Marcus Gv

#42 Xavin

Xavin

cFX Erryday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

they completely turned the game around, so thats a 360, also wasn't I talking about Splinter Cell?

Number 1, I agree, and number 2, yes you were talking about Splinter Cell.

Posted Image

#43 flyinsquirrel145

flyinsquirrel145

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

I thought Nintendo*s E3 conference wasn't that exciting. I thought Microsoft and Sony's conference were much better. And the PSP Go is terribly expensive, even if it is a lot more slick than the normal PSP. I think it should get at least a $50 price drop

#44 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

I can't believe that Wombat or Shipwreck didn't butt in and tell you to shut the hell up about the damn weed. I love ya Cheapy, but goddamn you were annoying as hell this week with the weed talk.

We get it. You like to get high.
Posted Image

#45 ihih

ihih

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:05 PM

I just love when Cheapy talks about weed, sounds like a really fun trip feel kinda bad for Wombat for not going. Wombat BUY UNCHARTED 1 NOW!!! cant believe your hyped for Modnation racer and havn't played Uncharted. My fav game after Infamous.
Wtf is an "asteric" english not my 1st language ;*(

#46 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:07 PM

sweet I'll give this a listen hope it's just as good as the last one

1xz7eo.gif

#47 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

Well I've been saying it for a while now, classic RPG style games are very few and far between and from E3 it looks to be one of those genre's where most developers are too scared to dive into, or they just don't want to put the time and effort into creating them.
I'm quite disappointed as I have a PS3 and I have had to wait a long time and continue to wait for a decent one. Valkyria profile has had good reviews but not quite what I am looking in a RPG, i'm talking WKC, Demon's Souls, and FFXIII. But it's still a ways off and now I am left with all summer to not play them and then when they do come out I will be going to school and won't have the time.
/end rant
Anywho, good job on the cast guys. *
Posted Image

#48 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

Cheapy I know you mean no harm, but you could work on racism thing like you did with the whole homophobia thing it'll extend the appeal of the show without alienating people. Obviously it'll save you from awkward meetings with former fans, and we know how much you like awkard meetings at videogame conferences. Do you think living in Japan you've become less culturally sensitive? I'm sure Wombat will enjoy calling you out on these remarks if you put him on duty.

I think it's funny that people complained about the E3 shows, but really I think it's a testament of how polished the cagcast normally is. I listen to a lot of podcasts and a lot of them are unpolished and pretty terrible.... especially at these shows (often unlistenable). Cagcast when edited is consistently awesome, and I guess it's understandable that people's expectations have become high.

* Loved the show as always! *

#49 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

*I am kinda shocked that Shipwreck, the man that owns tons of disc based games, would support a digital only distributed platform (PSPgo). Maybe this is a change in time.
Click Here to try GameFly for FREE or start for only $8.95!!

#50 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

I was unaware about the DLC news regarding both Rock Band Beatles and Modern Warfare 2. So to discredit yourselves as non-news site is a bit of a stretch. I learned it first on CAGcast that Activision and EA are continuing their quest to rip us gamers off.

I don't think they talked about this, but the other news is that Beatles Rock Band and the Beatles DLC will not work with Rock Band 2. I mean, you basically have to be a hard core Beatles fan because you're either all in or you're not.

#51 Captain Freeze

Captain Freeze

Totally Party!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:51 PM

should have called this one the weedcast...

trying to decide which cheapy i dislike more, the stoned cheapy or the sober cheapy talking about weed.

still love the podcast, but i could do without the constant weed dropping. i get there are some stories where weed is just a part of it, and those are fine, but it was like every 5 minutes we were getting more weed talk...

Q; who had the best booth?
A: i dont know, but i know who had the best blunt...

Q: what do you think about map packs?
A: i dont know, but i wish there were more paper maps so i could roll a fatty with them...

Q: what did you think of God of War?
A: i think they should have called me the god of weed...

Edited by Captain Freeze, 11 June 2009 - 12:05 AM.

#52 progman3

progman3

Shisso Buraiken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

"ALARM SOUNDS LIKE : WHOOP". That's a great pic Cheapyd.

Seriously, with the ridiculous PSP GO price & still no price drop on the PS3, it feels like Sony missed that game winning shot.
Posted Image

#53 iPhone

iPhone

Forward thinking.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:07 PM

I have to agree with Cheapy on motion controls. Project Natal* is just a hyped up interface at the moment. The PS3 dildo is a me too Wiimote. Even the Wii motion plus is another way to sell motion control to consumers. Until a game comes along that shows an experience that a controller can't match, count me sick of this gimmick as well.

#54 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:21 PM

Not sure why CheapyD would take even a tiny risk of getting busted for smoking weed and then not be allowed back into Japan. But maybe Japan isn't as strict as the US is when it comes to drug convictions. In America there is no waiver for a drug conviction if you want to apply for a green card unless the conviction involves a single offense of possession of marijuana under 30 grams. Otherwise, the drug conviction will keep you from obtaining permanent resident status in the United States.

#55 SoulFinder

SoulFinder

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:26 PM

Good show as usual. Really enjoying the podcasts with Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck. I got the coverage of E3 that i would expect, and thank you for that. Look forward to next week! **
Posted Image

#56 lyger

lyger

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:41 PM

*I used to go to E3 years ago, but haven't gone in awhile. It's good to hear that this years was a good show.

#57 chesspiece_face

chesspiece_face

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

Shipwreck at E3:

"I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hotdog. I want a milkshake..."

Cheapy:

"You'll get nothing and like it!"

#58 AgentSushi

AgentSushi

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

Not sure why CheapyD would take even a tiny risk of getting busted for smoking weed and then not be allowed back into Japan. But maybe Japan isn't as strict as the US is when it comes to drug convictions. In America there is no waiver for a drug conviction if you want to apply for a green card unless the conviction involves a single offense of possession of marijuana under 30 grams. Otherwise, the drug conviction will keep you from obtaining permanent resident status in the United States.

Yeah Japan is very strick on Drug control, especially on migrants.
Posted Image

#59 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

I would really like Ship to expand his hands on PSP go experience. *

How long did he get to try it, was it mounted on something?

Did he end up clawing his hands to rest it on his fingers (crane and fold them under the device to support it)?

I am reading conflicting reports on the long term comfort of playing on the PSP go; Specifically relating to how your hands support it and a love it/hate it with the analog nub placement.

* His exposition on it was far too short. ;)

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#60 zephyr702

zephyr702

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:16 PM

* References to double dragons and vitality genital sensors make for a great episode *