CAGcast #162: Motion Sickness - An E3 2009 Wrap Up Show

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#121 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:51 PM

Unrelated but i'm liking CheapyD's Audiboo. Randomly appeared in my iTunes feed. Although I already listened to some from your twitter.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#122 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

Nice to have the crew back together. Cheapy, I think you took the E3 show complaints too seriously. You mentioned beforehand you wouldn't cover the show. Just ignore them, we don't need the giant boring rant at the beginning of the show. **** the haters.

#123 StupidGamer

StupidGamer

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

Great show!

Cheapy, I don't get why people are giving you and Shipwreck such a hard time about the lack of E3 coverage during the show. As far as I'm concerned, you don't "owe" anybody any coverage, since this site is more about bringing people deals rather than breaking news and hands-on coverage. When you do talk about games we listen because we value your opinion, but to me it just seems like E3 is just like any other vacation you might take.*

Hopefully Wombat can make it out to the show next year. I looked for you and Shipwreck on the show floor and didn't see you. I guess my ability to spot tall, baked bald men has diminished over the years. Anyway, thanks for doing the CAGcast (mostly) each week. It's on my short list of must listen shows.

Edited by StupidGamer, 12 June 2009 - 06:54 PM.

Being cheap 24/7 - My gaming site: http://www.gamertheory.com

#124 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:52 PM

I appreciated the coverage of E3 for what it was from you guys. A lot of sites do comprehensive coverage of every title, but you guys pick the good stuff and give an honest opinion in an entertaining way. Great job!

Edited by stonefry, 12 June 2009 - 04:53 PM.
Typos

#125 thelimper.

thelimper.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:28 PM

I've never felt the need to comment on the show, but god damn cheapy, please stop with all the weed talk.

I love the CAGcast (most of the time), but the constant weed talk is driving me insane. It all seems so immature to me, and I can't imagine bragging about it with kids.

#126 super_ultra

super_ultra

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

I can't believe everyone is complaining so much about the E3 podcasts. I thought they were good!*
Posted ImagePosted Image

#127 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 12 June 2009 - 11:54 PM

Just to let you know Cheapy. I know you think you are the main aspect of the show... but, you are not. It is the dynamic between you and Wombat that makes it good. Without Wombat they show is nothing- vice versa. As you can tell from the previous, Shipwreck and Cheapy show.

You are no more important than Wombat!

P.S. I had a Exhibitor badge, yet I still did a ton of work/interviews. Not all green badges are Best Buy employees...

Edited by DarkNessBear, 13 June 2009 - 12:24 AM.

360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#128 pb0000

pb0000

Posted 13 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

The original Left 4 Dead was a rippoff at a $60 game. But I bought it since valve has always been good at adding content to a game afterwards. The original game lacked enough content to be a full priced game. So i guess that is why people are kind of mad at valve for pushing out L4D2 which looks like its more of the same.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Edited by pb0000, 13 June 2009 - 12:45 AM.

#129 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:11 AM

The original Left 4 Dead was a rippoff at a $60 game. But I bought it since valve has always been good at adding content to a game afterwards. The original game lacked enough content to be a full priced game. So i guess that is why people are kind of mad at valve for pushing out L4D2 which looks like its more of the same.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Yea, I could not imagine buying that game for 60 bucks (I got it for 20 on that halloween sale)... it is a great game, but it is definitely lacking in content. Games are already way to expensive as is...

#130 kiddvid

kiddvid

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:44 AM

they completely turned the game around, so thats a 360, also wasn't I talking about Splinter Cell?

* Maybe it was splinter cell, turning the game around would be considered a 180, going the opposite direction of sucking - 180. You don't turn the game around by doing a 360, that would be turning completely around and heading back in the original direction of sucking - 360. I believed they even covered this in a Seinfeld episode.

#131 orko60

orko60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:35 AM

* Maybe it was splinter cell, turning the game around would be considered a 180, going the opposite direction of sucking - 180. You don't turn the game around by doing a 360, that would be turning completely around and heading back in the original direction of sucking - 360. I believed they even covered this in a Seinfeld episode.

I was just about to post about this. Kiddvid is right. It's a 180*

Also, I agree with those who say that there's too much weed talk in the last episode. Christ, Cheapy, you really do sound like a teenager when you talk about smoking weed. We're not impressed.
Posted Image

#132 kennyrulez25

kennyrulez25

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:36 PM

I loved last weeks podcast and mass effect 2 but I wanted to know how you feel abot red faction so far I am on badlands and almost done their do you think you would buy a sequel of this if one came out

#133 rick1000

rick1000

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:51 PM

Its nice to hear all three masterminds talking out of there asses great show though

#134 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

*i loved your show.. people have to stop complaining about crap such as Left for dead 2*

#135 TheMoniter

TheMoniter

Posted 13 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

90% of the gaming in Ohio done in Shipwreck's house?!? Hell no Cheapy, that's done here in Columbus.

#136 Costa

Costa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:25 PM

**I do agree with Cheapy, Wombat, and Shipwreck about the beatles game being a rip off, 45 songs thats it and then annouce albums right after launch, FU RB, at least give the same amount of songs like RB1 and RB2, man I will wait till I can get the game used b/c RB will milk this the same as GH.**

#137 Jicky Jacks

Jicky Jacks

Posted 14 June 2009 - 01:38 AM

Should have renamed the show to the Weedcast for this last one. Cheapy, you smoked a s#*t ton of weed during E3, we got the idea the first time you brought it up in the show. Didn't need it brought up again and again and again.

#138 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:16 AM

I wish I could've gone to see the show in person, but Cheapy was right in saying that everything is accessible online. The only things I was interested in was Uncharted 2, Just Cause 2 and Natal, the first two of which I saw online, and Natal on Jimmy Fallon show. Oh, and booth babes...but that's what the Internet was built for. *
Posted Image

#139 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:08 AM

As my name suggests, I am a White Sox fan, and blah blah blah makes a good point.......

You know, I am not a big baseball fan, but I know that there is a Red Sox and White Sox team so I can not really tell that you are a White Sox fan from your name, its kind of a toss up.

I do think that its funny that some people are upset with the no in-depth E3 coverage and instead we hear stories about weed and shopping at Macy's. Thats just the equivilant of reading Hustler and Swank for in-depth hard to the core news stories. If cheapassgamer is anyway indebted to their audience it should be consumer price alerts and news (wich they did cover well). Good job pointing out the DLC for Rockband Beatles and laughing about Activision and Natal. This website is here primarly for pricing details of stuff, not current news coverage for games.
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#140 sdp

sdp

Social Hermit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

Shipwreck sounded so sleepy near the end. :lol::lol:

#141 KraznRazn

KraznRazn

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:07 PM

It's obvious that Cheapy was very happy about his *weed smoking experience*. I'm curious if Mr. D will use his wealth and power to help legalize marajuana all around the world. What say you Cheapy D?

#142 panurge

panurge

Posted 14 June 2009 - 02:03 PM

Cheapy, don't listen to the haterz. The weed talk is typical of the honesty and humour of the CAGcast and it would be a lesser experience if you start editing yourself.

#143 SuxoR

SuxoR

What choice did I have?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:22 PM

Yeah I'd agree, Cheapy made a choice about his personal life and since the CAGcast is very personal expect things like weed and poop stories...hey it's what makes the show the show

I guess you guys can put a warning in the OP?

1xz7eo.gif

#144 Kingfalcon

Kingfalcon

Look at what you did!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

Cheapy,
It makes me laugh that people don't know what they are getting from you, the CAGcast, and CAG's E3 coverage by now. You said it as plainly as can be last year and again this year. Your honesty and hilarious stories is one of the reasons I have been listening so long. Don't change a thing. *

#145 Hbomb5

Hbomb5

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:13 AM

Sounds like you guys had fun. I'd proably be more like Ship trying to see as much as possible.

A little more weed references than I would like, but otherwise a good show. *
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Cheapy's chops, and hating on Jack White. (Blue Orchid sucks!)

Hblog- http://hbombgames.com
The Internet's newest home for gaming news, reviews, commentary, and community.

I am NOT on the glue!

#146 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:23 AM

I wasn't quite sure if Cheapie smoked weed at E3 after listening to the podcast. He beat around the bush too much and didn't talk about it enough. Next time just say I smoked weed. And say it more than once. Say it more than 20 times. Try to say it more times than the characters in House of Dead Overkill dropped (the videogame world record number of) f-bombs. Otherwise your audience is left dazed and confused.

#147 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

Right when CheapyD gave best in show to a bag of weed, I instantly turned it off and listened to 1up's Listen Up...

Waste of time. Keep justifying that Media Badge cheapy... :roll:

#148 ianoid

ianoid

5me77i.us!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:33 PM

Wombat- enough with the jealousy. You are a critical player in the CAGCast. You make the show great. But if you left, there would still be CAG, there would still be a CAGCast. On air, can you please reckon with the fact that you didn't start the website, Cheapy did. And he has give you a great opportunity to discuss one of your passions publicly, one you would have been unlikely to have had otherwise. You are the Jackie Martling of the show. A critical player, and nobody (umm, not me at least) wants to see you leave. But if you left, the show would go on. Yes, you helped start the show, credit is due. From there, you have to have the humility to accept that it's Cheap's coat tails you're riding, and your opportunity. I hope that something good in the gaming industry comes of it for you- again.

And why do you have to call Cheapy out on the friends thing? Seriously, Cheapy is the professional here, not getting pissed about that. I would have been furious that you brought that up on air, even if it rings true.

Enough Wombashing.

Who turns off the CAGCast to turn on 1up (see above post)? I can't listen to any other gaming podcast, if just because the production values suck. A travesty for companies or divisions of companies 10-20x larger than CAG. Not to mention the content is rambling and dull.

I do sometimes get sick of some CAGCast topics. I heard enough about Lobster munching this episode.

#149 daminion

daminion

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

still waiting for that video podcast *in HD!* if only to see Cheapy's new sweatshirt :)

Also, really like Ship on the show. Would be nice to have him on a bit more since Foreplay Podcasts are few and far between.

#150 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 15 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

Who turns off the CAGCast to turn on 1up (see above post)? I can't listen to any other gaming podcast, if just because the production values suck. A travesty for companies or divisions of companies 10-20x larger than CAG. Not to mention the content is rambling and dull.

I do sometimes get sick of some CAGCast topics. I heard enough about Lobster munching this episode.

It is just that I hear enough about weed from my friends. That is all they talk about/do. I don't particularly like it, or think it is a healthy life style and I hate how people act like it is the greatest thing in the world and never shut up about it. I've lost a lot of friends over that junk and I just don't want to hear it in my podcasts as well. I'm still going to listen - just need to let Cheapy get his E3 Weed extravaganza out of his system first.