Obama Care Could Be Deadly

• Please log in to reply
5463 replies to this topic

#5071 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

I can't wait to go on Medi-Cal on Tuesday. This is going to rule. I'm going to go to the doctor like every week with my psychosomatic bullshit. 

#5072 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I can't wait to go on Medi-Cal on Tuesday. This is going to rule. I'm going to go to the doctor like every week with my psychosomatic bullshit. 

how can you get on it tuesday. I thought none of the new plans take effect till Jan 1.  yes you can sign up but you wont be covered until jan 1

WOOOO I STINK

#5073 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

how can you get on it tuesday. I thought none of the new plans take effect till Jan 1.  yes you can sign up but you wont be covered until jan 1

https://www.healthca...e-january-2014/

Short answer: he doesn't know anything beyond what he's heard in his echo chamber.

PaulManda.png

#5074 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm going to find out what happens when you refuse to pay for health care/insurance and also refuse to pay the fine. :bouncy:

sudo mklove

#5075 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

SNL:

http://www.breitbart...ama-bashes-cruz

#5076 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm going to find out what happens when you refuse to pay for health care/insurance and also refuse to pay the fine. :bouncy:

Talk to you in 2015? You should probably be more interested in finding out how to get health coverage.

PaulManda.png

#5077 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

you going to have to sit in a room for 6 hours with al gore

WOOOO I STINK

#5078 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

https://www.healthca...e-january-2014/

Short answer: he doesn't know anything beyond what he's heard in his echo chamber.

Yes, my joke proves that I have no idea what's going on with Obamacare.

What I do know is going to happen, and is already happening, is that hours are being cut. Sure, we'll be able to go on Medi-Cal (or whatever your state equivalent is), but who knows how we are going to pay for everything else in life. 

#5079 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

dat obama money gonna cover u homes

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#5080 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:49 AM

My state exchange is getting hammered more than GTA: Online. 

#5081 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

People are still using the part time jobs argument?

http://img12.imagesh...2/3974/h9pf.jpg

Find March 2010 on this chart and try again to make that argument.

The vast majority of employers that will be required to provide insurance already do.  Of the remainder, the vast majority will.  Are there a few businesses owned by Romney fundraisers who will cut hours, absolutely.  But anyone looking beyond anecdotes to actual data has no leg to stand on.

#5082 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

http://weaselzippers...macare-website/

#5083 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Wal-Mart just made 40k (over 9000) employee s full time. Thanks Obama.

wahhhhh noone helped me so they must not help anyone. - knoell

#5084 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

Are you sure you don't mean "part-time"? 

#5085 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Are you sure you don't mean "part-time"? 

Its possible that Forbes made the same mistake

#5086 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

http://poorrichardsn...f-obamacare-for

Is he lying?

#5087 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Loving the reasons why half of the states in this country refuse federal money in expanding their Medicaid under Obamacare, mostly out of spite. It's like getting health care was soooo much before Obamacare.

Batsugunner.png

#5088 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Yes.

#5089 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Funny how some states refuse federal money for Obamacare, yet NOT ONE STATE refuse money from the federal gov't to turn their police force into military units

YAY!!!! for police state............

#5090 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:06 AM

He's not lying per se, but he's greatly simplifying a very complicated argument.

For starters, sick people without insurance don't just roll over and die in their homes. They run to the emergency room for care. Since they (probably) don't have the money to pay for the treatments, because hospitals are F***ing expensive, the hospital swallows the cost, which gets reimbursed by the government. Which gets its money from taxes. And because of no insurance, the hospital charges the FULL cost, instead of some negotiated lower cost between them and the insurance company.

So basically, we pay the cost for the uninsured sick people today through our taxes. 

Where there is room for argument is that it is possible that while our insurance rates go UP, our taxes could possibly go DOWN by more, because the cost of the treatment is less.

--

Another argument to consider is that if ONLY sick people without insurance now got insurance because of ACA, then yes, the insurance premiums should go up. HOWEVER, young healthy people who believe they are invincible are also forced to get insurance. 

Thus, it is entirely possible that the addition of young healthy people paying premiums might offset the increase from the sick people.

--

I don't know the actual numbers, so I don't know how they are actually expected to turn out. But it is at least more complicated than the guy says.

#5091 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

My premiums doubled and I get less coverage thanks obama!

#5092 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Not saying its impossible gun, just unlikely. Care to explain how that happened?

#5093 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Msut77 doesnt believe that under ACA premiums rise? 

http://www.huffingto..._n_2956986.html

http://www.forbes.co...n-62-for-women/

http://theweek.com/a...urance-premiums

#5094 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'm not surprised to see premiums go up, but then when I look at my insurance (health, auto, home), over any time frame, they're always increasing. (And this is as someone in good health, no smoking, no drinking, no accidents, basically no claims at all)

Sometimes, I just think the insurance companies are using ACA as a scapegoat for what they were going to do anyway, only slower so you wouldn't notice. Like boiling a frog.

#5095 Msut77

Msut77

Occam's Shank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

ask me why im a little hesitant to believe the stories:

http://www.salon.com...y_on_obamacare/

#5096 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hopefully we will get a truly all encompassing and factual picture of how rates are effected soon enough. I hope we didn't spend all this money and effort for minimal rate reductions while giving the gov't the power to mandate private purchases by its citizenry. How over budget is the ACA as projected by the CBO now? And surely no one here believes that any special exemptions or waivers should be given for any law, right? I mean, the law should apply to everyone equally, right?

#5097 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

Unless you're union. Then, you get various exemptions.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#5098 egofed

egofed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

Unless you're union. Then, you get various exemptions.

Correctomundo. How cool is that?

#5099 Finger_Shocker

Finger_Shocker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

HA HA HA!!!! you be dead before you get to even sign up online

Its amazing we can single out and kill a terrorist half a world away or spy on billion of innocent people, yet we can't design a website that runs properly.

I honestly have to wonder if all these "terrorists" we killed are actually terrorist to begin with... 

Couldn't the FBI, NSA or CIA just do the signing for us, considered the gov't LEO already have a database of everyone on file :I

#5100 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

Governments have a lot more experience in spying and killing, than in webpage building.