Photo
- - - - -

Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#91 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

I can only assume the regenerating armor would work like soldier health: once you're not taking fire you slowly regen to full (unless you're on fire). On HC servers, it will likely be disabled.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#92 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

I'm really surprised nobody picked up on this yet, but for those who were in alpha better get used to the server browser because that's how it is in retail. For those who don't know, there will be no in-game server browser. Since EA is pushing Origin so hard, they've tied DICE's hands with how this works. Let me explain: the server browser is launched through Origin, opening the Battlelog website which means it will open in your internet browser of choice. From there you choose your server and the game launches. To select a new server, you must exit BF3 and repeat the process (from Battlelog if it's still open). Those familiar with Quake or Wolfenstein ET will already get the picture of how this works.

Is it the most efficient method of browsing? No. Is it fast and relatively painless? Yes. Is this EA at the reins trying to enforce Origin and guarantee incompatibility with other services (i.e. Steam)? Definitely.

I suspect once this gets more press, there will be backlash considering DICE criticized IW for lack of in-game server browser with MW2. Especially once people realize the console version will have an in-game browser. I'm personally not thrilled, but it could be much worse. Honestly, I'm just sick and tired of these games being mired in some way every single time. It's like they're trying to find some way to piss us off whenever a game is released. There's really no excuse at this point.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#93 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

Origin I don't really have a problem with this time, because all the games I've purchased in the past have given me the choice of registering or not. If Origin becomes mandatory in the future for shit like DA3 or whatever, then I will take issue. For BF3, well it is an online game, so it's really no different from their login servers from the past (kind of like Blizzard with Battlenet, etc).

My beef with Steam is when the publisher/developer decides to take my freedom of choice away with games that quite literally have no business requiring internet login (through Steam). Games like FNV, Metro 2033, or Skyrim for example. There's no MP component, so there's no excuse for enforcing such bullshit DRM.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#94 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

When I read you have to fully exit the game just to change servers I couldn't believe it. I really hope it's as fast and seamless as they say it is, because god knows the whole dance to get your squad onto a good server (let alone the same team) is enough of a headache as is.

#95 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:41 PM

As a heads up to anyone who ever tried to get those SPECACT skins for BFBC2, Best Buy is the only one offering them here in the US for BF3. If you followed the whole Dr. Pepper fiasco for BC2, you'd remember that these ended up never being offered to PC gamers in the end. The promotion is for pre-orders only and works in-store because they verify the email a code will be sent to when you put $5 down. There's no obligation to buy at that point and whether you get a refund or not is up to you. I would scan your RZ card and be signed up for their gamer club (which is free) just in case, plus it auto-populates the email when they ring you up too.

BTW, when did they start using these new pre-order kiosks? Reminds me of when TRU had those shelf tickets for buying games way back in the day. It's pretty damn nice having a barcode they can just scan when you take it to the register because they don't even have to ask you what system, etc.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#96 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

http://www.battlefie...lefield3/1/beta

Beta begins on the 29th for everyone, the 27th if you've pre-ordered or own MOH.

#97 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

Heads up, just got my early beta access code for having MoH LE. Check your email friends!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#98 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:47 PM

Just finished a few matches and the game is awesome, everyone who can run it should definitely check out the open beta in 2 days.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#99 KrizB

KrizB

Flrying into FWEE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:29 PM

How are the graphics compared to the Alpha?

zantar45.jpg

#100 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

The same for the most part.

#101 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

I don't know why they had to pick the same map from Alpha, but I hate it. Metro is a map I'll definitely avoid in retail because it's so boring. The whole thing just funnels you along the same path and allows people to just camp the entire game. This garbage belongs in a COD game, not BF. Whatever, the game is still awesome and once I can play whatever maps I want it'll be heavenly.

Battlelog was updated from Alpha too and wow, they added a ton of features. That whole lobby system and voice chat via browser is new, but doubt I'd use it. I do like the battle reports they added because a lot of the time I'd be in a game, round ends and I'd like to review a bunch of stuff, but it's off to the next round or map too quickly. Don't even have to worry now!

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#102 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

I like Metro, but it's still horribly one-sided, even after they moved one of the points in the first area to the bridge. Offense is just WAY too hard. If by some chance you do get past the first area, it's almost impossible to make it past the first part of the tunnels/subway.

In all my time playing the Alpha, and now the Beta, I've still only been all the way to the end of the map one time.

#103 TLPRIME

TLPRIME

Aim small. Miss small.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

I agree with Jodou, except i hate Rush mode in general. Rush is so skewed toward the defenders that's it makes it unfun. It was the same in Bad Company 2, but now everyone can go prone. Conquest all day baby.

I'm not sure about the battle log yet. So far my friends and I haven't gotten the Party system to work. And I've had trouble just joining games, but that's probably just issues with servers not the Battle Log itself.

#104 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

I agree with Jodou, except i hate Rush mode in general. Rush is so skewed toward the defenders that's it makes it unfun. It was the same in Bad Company 2, but now everyone can go prone. Conquest all day baby.

This. I am done with the Beta unless they let us play conquest. My initial reaction was it was awesome, because the game is good and I was finally getting to play it. But after a bit the game mode just started to make the experience suck. Every game I have played the defenders won handily. (My team, as defenders, never lost the initial set of Mcoms. As attackers, we never got past the second set)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#105 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

I can't stand conquest, because it always feels like I'm chasing the battle. With Rush you always know where the fight is at. Rush, on a good open map like Arica Harbor was, is a blast. Granted you could blow up buildings to get the mcom, but you never felt like it was a for sure victory on either side. I also like to get my snipe on, so that was my favorite map for sure. Those are the type of maps I hope to see in BF3, so hopefully Caspian can provide a good followup.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#106 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

Rush mode only for the beta is fucking weak. Metro is a borderline piece of shit IMO. It doesn't feel like a BF map at all, at least not to me. It feels like I'm playing a game where BF and CoD had sex and then 9 months later out shit Operation Metro. The game feels like it's sandwiched in between the two franchises with no real identity of its own. Needless to say I am kind of concerned over this game now, it's one of my 3 most anticipated games this year so I hope I'm wrong but so far something just doesn't feel "right" to me. Maybe once I get my hands on Conquest I will have a change of heart. The one good thing I can say about it though, it runs really well. It's way less taxing on PC's than Metro 2033 is that's for sure, it's not even close for me.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#107 Kaoz

Kaoz

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:21 AM

I can't stand conquest, because it always feels like I'm chasing the battle. With Rush you always know where the fight is at. Rush, on a good open map like Arica Harbor was, is a blast. Granted you could blow up buildings to get the mcom, but you never felt like it was a for sure victory on either side. I also like to get my snipe on, so that was my favorite map for sure. Those are the type of maps I hope to see in BF3, so hopefully Caspian can provide a good followup.

I enjoyed Rush sometimes in BC2 as well. On the right map so fair enough.

But OP Metro is crap, I don't understand why they would choose this map as the one to show off before the game comes out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#108 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:23 AM

Use the password "Appletini" to get into servers playing Caspian Border on Conquest. Why that isnt the default beta map I have no clue. It's SO FUCKING GOOD.

#109 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:33 AM

Haha wow. Someone at DICE is a Scrubs fan?

I'll be trying this on PS3 over the weekend, and then at the local LAN cafe once they get it installed on their PCs. Going to spend the next few weeks trying to figure out where to order a machine. Anyone have suggestions? I've heard doghousesystems.com recommended, but I'd have to scrape up some extra cash. I don't really know what price range I should be expecting, honestly.

#110 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

Haha wow. Someone at DICE is a Scrubs fan?

I'll be trying this on PS3 over the weekend, and then at the local LAN cafe once they get it installed on their PCs. Going to spend the next few weeks trying to figure out where to order a machine. Anyone have suggestions? I've heard doghousesystems.com recommended, but I'd have to scrape up some extra cash. I don't really know what price range I should be expecting, honestly.

Can't you build a PC? It's not hard.. Also you'll get a good amount more for your money....

But if you must purchase a prebuilt system, either go with a Dell XPS system, or one of these boutique builders as I've never heard of doghousesystems.com , http://www.velocitymicro.com/ , http://www.pugetsystems.com/ , http://www.digitalstormonline.com/

It also depends highly on your budget.

SnoT8282.png

#111 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:42 PM

New password is "videokilledtheradiostar".

EDIT

Nevermind, apparently they just changed it again. I'll post back once the new one is found out.

Edited by SEH, 29 September 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#112 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

New password - "shoppingcartsareagoodride"

#113 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

How about they stop fucking about with passwords and just rotate metro out. Seriously, I'm not going to waste my time on the beta until they do.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#114 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Anyone else having problems joining a server?

#115 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

How about they stop fucking about with passwords and just rotate metro out. Seriously, I'm not going to waste my time on the beta until they do.

They switch the passwords daily it seems. Who really cares though? You're able to play Caspian Border which is all that matters. You seriously arent going to play the Beta just because Metro is the main map and you need a password (that's readily available mind you) to join a server playing CB?

#116 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

Benchmarks for GPUs:

Love how my 5870 is still a top competitor.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#117 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

Benchmarks for GPUs:

I am running crossfired 5870s in eyefinity, but I will never get to play cause this game won't join a server.

#118 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:52 PM

I played for a little bit this morning, doesn't seem too bad, even in Eyefinity, pretty fun overall. I'm not hard to please though.:)
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#119 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

played xbox this morning for just a few min. never been a battlefield fan and the few min i played this morning did NOT impress me. still gonna keep the preorder just for the campaign. Ill have to get into the multiplayer a bit more to see if I can enjoy it. not much to offer on the beta.

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#120 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Benchmarks for GPUs:

My 5850 does alright, but I think I'm going to wind up ordering a 580 sometime between now and when the game releases.