Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#181 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:58 PM

For those who got a shit name on Origin back when you made an old EA account or whatever, you can now officially change your player name.

http://www.origin.com/us/change-id

#182 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:04 PM

Is this what shows up as your player name in-game, or do you get to create a separate soldier name?

#183 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, it's what will show up as your player name.

#184 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

I'm sure I'm not the first to complain about this, but that's bullshit.

#185 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Yeah, it sucks that you cant just change your display name on the fly like Steam, but at least they added this option finally.

#186 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

OK, that is fucking unacceptable. I can't choose my soldier name because it's taken. I'd have to add my clan tag to get it. WOW EA has fucked this up all thanks to this fucking bullshit Origin. You know what's killing PC gaming? Shit fucking companies.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#187 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:33 AM

Whoa there junior, calm down. It's been pretty well known for awhile now that your Origin name you choose when creating your account is the name you'd be stuck with in-game. Previously you couldn't even change it at all, so this is at least a step in the right direction.

#188 bigant262

bigant262

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:50 AM

Question, would I be able to run BF3 at max settings with 2 PNY GTX 460?

#189 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Whoa there junior, calm down. It's been pretty well known for awhile now that your Origin name you choose when creating your account is the name you'd be stuck with in-game. Previously you couldn't even change it at all, so this is at least a step in the right direction.

Uh, I made my Origin account years ago to register for my BF vet rewards and BC2 sure as hell didn't force me to use that name. So no, it wasn't a pretty well known fact at all and during beta I just assumed it was a limitation of the client and wouldn't be that way in retail. Your name in-game should also NEVER be your account name because that's just asking to be hacked. It's the same reason I disabled realID for Blizzard games.

So no, it's not a step in the right direction. In fact it's not a step in any direction other than incompetence.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#190 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

Question, would I be able to run BF3 at max settings with 2 PNY GTX 460?

Maybe not max, but pretty close. It also depends on your processor though too and whether not not it's bottlenecking your cards.

@Jodou

Your name in game ISNT your account name. Your account name is your email, which you use to login. It's not like you login with the name that's shown in-game. Also, I said it's been a known thing for awhile now, like at least a few months. They're allowing your to change it, so I dont really get what the big deal is here. How is them originally not allowing you to change it, and now making it so you can change it a "step towards incompetence"? Seems like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

#191 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

@Jodou

Your name in game ISNT your account name. Your account name is your email, which you use to login. It's not like you login with the name that's shown in-game. Also, I said it's been a known thing for awhile now, like at least a few months. They're allowing your to change it, so I dont really get what the big deal is here. How is them originally not allowing you to change it, and now making it so you can change it a "step towards incompetence"? Seems like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

All I'm saying is the system we had before wasn't broke and now they're forcing a draconian system on us where no two soldiers can have the same name. All in the name of what exactly? How hard would it be to program a field that displays your soldier name in-game lol. It probably would have taken more or less the same time to allow us to change our Origin account name that should have been programmed from the start anyway.

And as far as I'm concerned, when I log in and see my account name it doesn't say welcome *email address*; it says exactly what my soldier name would be. It's an added layer of protection to have a separate call sign and given how stupid EA can be, I don't need some nerd I made rage calling them up and getting my email address because all they needed was my soldier name to get it. Call it paranoia if you will but in ten years of online gaming I've never once been hacked since I take the necessary precautions.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#192 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

OK, that is fucking unacceptable. I can't choose my soldier name because it's taken. I'd have to add my clan tag to get it. WOW EA has fucked this up all thanks to this fucking bullshit Origin. You know what's killing PC gaming? Shit fucking companies.

I would say if anything is killing PC gaming is shitty consumers buying into the ads thinking they are going to get a great game.

That....

and over emotional gamers. :D

Too bad nothing short of an world wide EMP strike will kill PC Gaming :bouncy:

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#193 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

I would say if anything is killing PC gaming is shitty consumers buying into the ads thinking they are going to get a great game.

That....

and over emotional gamers. :D

Too bad nothing short of an world wide EMP strike will kill PC Gaming :bouncy:

Hey Fuck you, at the time I was watching baseball so I was already riled up. :P

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#194 Lemarfanz

Lemarfanz

Video Games Are Art!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

All I'm saying is the system we had before wasn't broke and now they're forcing a draconian system on us where no two soldiers can have the same name. All in the name of what exactly? How hard would it be to program a field that displays your soldier name in-game lol. It probably would have taken more or less the same time to allow us to change our Origin account name that should have been programmed from the start anyway.

...no two soldiers having the same name is draconian?
I LOVE INDIE GAMES!

I SUPPORT THEM WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

#195 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

So you can unlock the game early, if you use a korean VPN and start the game in Origin. Servers are up, game runs quite well. Just played some mp, there are a number of servers up.

#196 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

So you can unlock the game early, if you use a korean VPN and start the game in Origin. Servers are up, game runs quite well. Just played some mp, there are a number of servers up.

Lol, the power of PC! Damn, if only a store would sell it early around here. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#197 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, for reference I have a 5870 and the game runs on Ultra in SP. In multiplayer I turned off a few things to keep the frame rate from dipping on the bigger maps. Optimized drivers should help, but I think they overstated their system requirements. It is by far the best looking game I have seen if you have everything turned on...

#198 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Yeah, for reference I have a 5870 and the game runs on Ultra in SP. In multiplayer I turned off a few things to keep the frame rate from dipping on the bigger maps. Optimized drivers should help, but I think they overstated their system requirements. It is by far the best looking game I have seen if you have everything turned on...

I'm stoked, I got a 560 ti but was worried that I'd need a 570/80 to enjoy the SP at max. Multiplayer I obviously don't mind toning down though to keep it consistent.

#199 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

My single 580 maxes the game at 1920x1200 in both SP and MP. So much for needing 580's in SLI to max the game.

Game looks absolutely gorgeous.

#200 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:05 AM

I have a crossfire 6870 setup with a Core2Quad @ 3.4Ghz. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. You guys add me if you want to play some co-op or multiplayer. I should be playing a lot. My Origin ID is jugsta42.

I'd really like to do that port forwarding thing but I'd just screw something up. I'll just wait until tomorrow night :(

#201 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

There is no port forwarding. You just go to your internet options and set up a proxy. Takes like one minute.

#202 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

plz explain... step by step. I would appreciate it but don't expect it.

#203 SEH

SEH

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:00 AM

First make sure Origin is closed:

(For windows 7)
Goto control panel>small icons>internet options>connections>lan settings> use a proxy server for ur lan> 210.107.100.251 port 8080> press ok

After you do that, run BF3 and it will verify. Once all the steps complete it will open the battlelog and all that crap. Close the Battlelog and Origin, go back to your internet settings and turn off the proxy, then launch Origin again and you're good to go.

#204 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:59 AM

This game is :drool:

Although my game started to just randomly not crash just get to a blank white screen yet I can move the cursor around. Probably a bug on EA's end but I am going to update my graphics drivers tonight since Nvidia just made new official ones (I refuse to download beta drivers).

I can't wait to install the drivers and play more of this tomorrow. This is awesome.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#205 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

I have a crossfire 6870 setup with a Core2Quad @ 3.4Ghz. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. You guys add me if you want to play some co-op or multiplayer. I should be playing a lot. My Origin ID is jugsta42.

I'd really like to do that port forwarding thing but I'd just screw something up. I'll just wait until tomorrow night :(

Hey, I have a 6870 crossfire setup too! I added you, my name is soulvengeance, definitely looking to do some multiplayer, pretty much ran around getting killed in my first game.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#206 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

Hey, I have a 6870 crossfire setup too! I added you, my name is soulvengeance, definitely looking to do some multiplayer, pretty much ran around getting killed in my first game.

Count another one for having a 6870 CF config!

Add me:
eg0npax (<--that's a zero)

#207 CrimsonPaw

CrimsonPaw

Professional Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

How is this running compared to the beta? My PC ran the beta pretty well and I'm hoping that the release is a bit more optimized (that and I download the latest AMD preview drivers). I'll be running this on my Asus overclocked A6 laptop with a 6720 graphics card; so far this machine has been able to keep up with anything I throw at it!

#208 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

My single 580 maxes the game at 1920x1200 in both SP and MP. So much for needing 580's in SLI to max the game.

Game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Pfft, my 5870 kicks its ass on max; seems like this one will be really accessible to whoever wants to play.

You know, after seeing a few reviews I finally understood what the deal was with such a shitty map in alpha/beta. They pulled a COD making each map representative of happenings in the SP campaign. What a dumb move; really no need for that. Makes me wish this was a pure BF release with no SP mode.

I just don't get DICE. It's like they want to compete with COD by becoming it. What they don't seem to fathom is the best way to compete is by offering what they always have: massive sandbox maps with vehicles. Very disappointed in them for trying to fix what isn't broken, but at least the core gameplay didn't suffer for it. I'll just be avoiding the garbage maps like the plague and chances are most good servers won't even have them in the rotation. I'm willing to bet Caspian and Karkand 24/7 servers will be the norm.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#209 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

How is this running compared to the beta? My PC ran the beta pretty well and I'm hoping that the release is a bit more optimized (that and I download the latest AMD preview drivers). I'll be running this on my Asus overclocked A6 laptop with a 6720 graphics card; so far this machine has been able to keep up with anything I throw at it!

This final build definitely runs better than the beta did on my 6870x2 rig. There was a huge difference when I updated the drivers during the beta, before that I was getting screen tears, bad fps, lower quality, crashes, et al. Updating to the latest drivers is a must for BF3, even though I don't even think I'm running THE latest and greatest.

Pfft, my 5870 kicks its ass on max; seems like this one will be really accessible to whoever wants to play.

You know, after seeing a few reviews I finally understood what the deal was with such a shitty map in alpha/beta. They pulled a COD making each map representative of happenings in the SP campaign. What a dumb move; really no need for that. Makes me wish this was a pure BF release with no SP mode.

I just don't get DICE. It's like they want to compete with COD by becoming it. What they don't seem to fathom is the best way to compete is by offering what they always have: massive sandbox maps with vehicles. Very disappointed in them for trying to fix what isn't broken, but at least the core gameplay didn't suffer for it. I'll just be avoiding the garbage maps like the plague and chances are most good servers won't even have them in the rotation. I'm willing to bet Caspian and Karkand 24/7 servers will be the norm.

Yeah Op Metro was a craptacular map. I was so glad when they officially opened Caspian Border during the beta because it was WAY more representative of what BF3 is.

Although I didn't look that hard at the server lists, I did notice at least one Caspian 24/7! Caspian is a GREAT map, but some of the others are pretty good as well. Firestorm and Seine for example... I don't remember the rest. It was like a blur playing from 2-5am! lol.

#210 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Is it just me or is anyone getting horrible server lag for like half of the servers they join? Game runs fine now since I updated the graphics drivers but about half the servers I go in I get almost unbearable lag. Plus everyone in the server bitches about the lag, lol.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly