Battlefield 3 - Armored Kill out now

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#211 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

Is it just me or is anyone getting horrible server lag for like half of the servers they join? Game runs fine now since I updated the graphics drivers but about half the servers I go in I get almost unbearable lag. Plus everyone in the server bitches about the lag, lol.

It's not just you, I was rubberbanding all over the map earlier. I tried to pick a low ping server too, but it was still laggy.

#212 Bacon Parade

Bacon Parade

Moonstone Cannon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

Wow, haha lots of people using CF 6870's, game is running awesomely for me on ultra. Name is RiceRiceRice if anyone wants to add me.

Tiger_Driver.png

Spoiler

#213 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:41 PM

It's not just you, I was rubberbanding all over the map earlier. I tried to pick a low ping server too, but it was still laggy.

Yeah I read it's happening to everyone who plays in Large Conquest mode. Apparently if you play on low player low ping servers it works fine but, I don't want to do that because I am having a blast playing 32 vs 32.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#214 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

32v32 just irks me. Way too much chaos going on with rockets flying everywhere, tanks, jets, and a billion snipers. 24-32 man servers are where it's at. You still have tons of action but you can actually accomplish objectives without immediately dying after spawning.

Also, Rush mode can blow me. I love Conquest, but Rush is terrible. DICE is completely inept at balancing a map for Rush. Like, I don't get how making the points you have to bomb in the enemy spawn is a good idea. You're just fighting non-stop waves of enemies with zero chance of actually advancing.

#215 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

32v32 just irks me. Way too much chaos going on with rockets flying everywhere, tanks, jets, and a billion snipers. 24-32 man servers are where it's at. You still have tons of action but you can actually accomplish objectives without immediately dying after spawning.

Also, Rush mode can blow me. I love Conquest, but Rush is terrible. DICE is completely inept at balancing a map for Rush. Like, I don't get how making the points you have to bomb in the enemy spawn is a good idea. You're just fighting non-stop waves of enemies with zero chance of actually advancing.

I hate rush, always have. It's just so one sided. Personally I kinda like 32 vs 32 because it is so crazy, but I am waiting for DICE to patch up this lag before I really get into the game again. I love BF3 but too much lag on their end.
Posted Image

#216 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:08 PM

I feel like 24v24 is the sweet spot, although 48 player servers are uncommon. Not crazy crowded like 64 players, but with good teams there will usually be something going on at every control point.

Not a fan of rush, either. Linear attack/defend gametypes don't do it for me in general.

#217 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:02 AM

anyone having microstutter problems? On fraps its running 55 fps on avg but I can definitely see it stuttering. I'm running 460 sli on i7 930 oc to 3.8 ghz. When I check evga precision, my vram nor clock speed are being used to its maxed.

#218 j-cart

j-cart

BOOM BOOM SHAKE SHAKE, NOW DROP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:19 AM

Conquest is great with 64 players. Rush on the other hand is a crowded mess even on 32.

I'm running 55-50, drops to 40 fps under combat on my GTX 470.

#219 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

No stuttering here. OMG this game is awesome. Battlelog is actually a pretty damn nice app TBH. Lots of neat features tucked away in there including clan support. Just played for five hours straight, but need a break for dinner lol.

#220 dreamerslost

dreamerslost

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:21 AM

I hate rush, always have. It's just so one sided. Personally I kinda like 32 vs 32 because it is so crazy, but I am waiting for DICE to patch up this lag before I really get into the game again. I love BF3 but too much lag on their end.

you guys just cant handle the heat... rush is awesome.... maybe not with 64 ppl, but with 24 ppl, rush is my favorite game mode out of any fps

#221 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:28 AM

You should spend more time playing Conquest. It's like Rush for grown-ups.

#222 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:09 AM

you guys just cant handle the heat... rush is awesome.... maybe not with 64 ppl, but with 24 ppl, rush is my favorite game mode out of any fps

Well I been a TF2 player and it's like push the cart. If you have one bad team it's one sided. If you have even teams it's giving a slight advantage towards the defenders unless the defenders Fuck up. It's not a bad idea, just not my cup of tea.
Posted Image

#223 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

This final build definitely runs better than the beta did on my 6870x2 rig. There was a huge difference when I updated the drivers during the beta, before that I was getting screen tears, bad fps, lower quality, crashes, et al. Updating to the latest drivers is a must for BF3, even though I don't even think I'm running THE latest and greatest.

Yeah Op Metro was a craptacular map. I was so glad when they officially opened Caspian Border during the beta because it was WAY more representative of what BF3 is.

Although I didn't look that hard at the server lists, I did notice at least one Caspian 24/7! Caspian is a GREAT map, but some of the others are pretty good as well. Firestorm and Seine for example... I don't remember the rest. It was like a blur playing from 2-5am! lol.

I love Firestorm, not crazy about Seine though.....maybe I just don't like the city maps.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#224 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

I love Firestorm, not crazy about Seine though.....maybe I just don't like the city maps.

After playing Seine again last night I realized I don't care for it as much as I thought. I guess the first time I did okay so it I liked it.

I played Kharg Island and I'm digging that one. I usually don't do recon but I did pretty well on points (tons of spotting, ordering - which are like getting free points, etc.)

#225 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Yeah, I ended with Kharg Island last night and it's easily my favorite map so far. I love blowing up tanks and tank commanding, so the amphibious assault/beach-head defense is right up my alley. Has a real D-Day invasion feel to it.

#226 binici

binici

www.TheTradeBox.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:51 PM

Did everyone update the NVIDIA drivers? Seems so much smoother with the drivers.
My GTX 560 blows my old GTX 260 card into dust.
However, I do experience a smoother playing experience if I run the game in Windowed Mode (on my 27 Samsung LCD monitor) running on 1080p.

Fullscreen runs fine for awhile, but the game crashed (only once)?

#227 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

I'm actually behind on my drivers; haven't updated Catalyst since May and it runs silky smooth. I want to update but I just know soon as I do they'll release a BF3 optimized driver. Kind of annoying having to click OK to the driver warning every time I launch the game, though.

#228 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

Tried Seine Crossing today. I tried it at 64 and could not do shit. Tried it at 32 players and did 1,000 times better. Yeah Seine Crossing is one of those maps I will only play on 32 players now. That map is way too small for 64 players and there is too much action to even react sometimes.
Posted Image

#229 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

I'm actually behind on my drivers; haven't updated Catalyst since May and it runs silky smooth. I want to update but I just know soon as I do they'll release a BF3 optimized driver. Kind of annoying having to click OK to the driver warning every time I launch the game, though.

They had beta (I know a bit scary) Catalyst BF3 beta "optimized" drivers at some point I believe.

Found the official Catalyst Twitter account for more info:
@catalystcreator

And for you Nvidia guys:
Nvidia

NOTE: These are "preview" or "beta" drivers. Use at your our risk!

#230 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

I used to do beta drivers until an nVidia card burned up that was only a year old. So yeah, don't do those anymore lol.

#231 egonpax

egonpax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

I used to do beta drivers until an nVidia card burned up that was only a year old. So yeah, don't do those anymore lol.

Ouch. Duly noted.

#232 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

I really dislike Terhan Highway. I don't know what it is, just the whole layout of it. Just got done with a few rounds with it and I just can't get into it.

You know when I first heard of the battlelog I hated the idea, but I have warmed up to it. It's super easy to find a game and I don't have to even launch the game until I am ready. It's still no Steam but hey it's good enough.
Posted Image

#233 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

Tried Seine Crossing today. I tried it at 64 and could not do shit. Tried it at 32 players and did 1,000 times better. Yeah Seine Crossing is one of those maps I will only play on 32 players now. That map is way too small for 64 players and there is too much action to even react sometimes.

Yeah, maybe that's the problem, once you get pinned down somewhere, it's hard to even move without being taken out.
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#234 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

If anyone wants to friend up my origin name is zoglog. currently empty list :)

#235 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

been playing with a friend for a bit.

there are really very few maps i like so far. metro being the absolute worst.

the feel of this game is so much different from 1942 dc and even bf2. plays just like a black ops round. i don't care for it which is unfortunate since i put down 60$ blindly. hopefully it'll grow on me but i just keep thinking why am i playing this when i could be playing bf2 instead.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#236 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:13 AM

Yeah, maybe that's the problem, once you get pinned down somewhere, it's hard to even move without being taken out.

Not only that but especially at that map, there is literally sometimes like 3-4 people at the same spot, it's almost impossible sometimes to even move. Even with my own team there will be like 3 people in one small ass corridor and it's ok what can I do that isn't going to block their firing or run in front of them.

Way better on 16 vs 16. Now that I play more, I feel like Dice just threw in 32 vs 32 to just appease the old Battlefield players but did not take into account how the maps themselves would handle 32 vs 32. I mean the craziness is fun, but wow on some maps I just feel I can't do shit because every 5 seconds there is a firefight and I am usually not the guy in the right spot.

Even though I still love the game.
Posted Image

#237 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

anyone having microstutter problems? On fraps its running 55 fps on avg but I can definitely see it stuttering. I'm running 460 sli on i7 930 oc to 3.8 ghz. When I check evga precision, my vram nor clock speed are being used to its maxed.

Me!

I had 11.10 preview driver up and running with crossfire 6870s. I didn't have stuttering, but my frame rate just wasn't very good. I then installed CAP3 even though I read plenty of people saying not to. Well, the performance actually got better in a way. I was able to go up to "Ultra" and things look like they were gonna be good. It looks like I'm getting really good FPS but then there is this "stuttering" thing. Correct me if I wrong; but isn't that where the FPS looks like it is going great but you get all these short bursts of slow down? I know it will only be a matter of time before they fix this but it sucks.

#238 metaly

metaly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

Ordered my system this morning so it will hopefully be up and running in time for next weekend.

In the meantime, I played a bit with my PS3 group and had a good time. Top score in my first round since I was the only one grabbing objectives. :D Pretty hard to find Conquest servers on PS3, though.

#239 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

played a bunch more games and finally got to play some of the more fun maps. seine bridge/city/canal is fantastic. reminds me of berlin/basrah's edge. caspian border is also great. a little happier now that i've played some good maps.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#240 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:44 AM

Me!

I had 11.10 preview driver up and running with crossfire 6870s. I didn't have stuttering, but my frame rate just wasn't very good. I then installed CAP3 even though I read plenty of people saying not to. Well, the performance actually got better in a way. I was able to go up to "Ultra" and things look like they were gonna be good. It looks like I'm getting really good FPS but then there is this "stuttering" thing. Correct me if I wrong; but isn't that where the FPS looks like it is going great but you get all these short bursts of slow down? I know it will only be a matter of time before they fix this but it sucks.

Turned off AA and its gone. It is smooth as silk now. I still want that enabled eventually.