Bonus 20% cash or 50% credit @ FYE - Now til 8/27?

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
It's been a while but it looks like its that time again. FYE is currently running their brown bag deal where if you fill up their promotional bag, or any other bag with items, you get either a bonus 20% for cash or 50% for credit

To break it down, If you have an item thats worth $15, you can bring it in the brown bag (or any other bag) and get either $18.00 for cash or $22.50 for credit.

If you are wondering how much your cd's/games/movies get at FYE, a good place to check is www.secondspin.com . Their game TIV's are usually spot on, DVD's & CD's can vary between 10-25% between Secondspin's TIV and the actual FYE TIV.

Pic of bag behind the spoiler:
fyebag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']Do they take Xbox games?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they take xbox games, though their TIV's a pretty bad when it comes to most games. There used to be a lot more flips back in the days of B1G1 sales at Blockbuster, decent coupons @ Gamestop, etc. If it doesn't show up on Secondspin.com, then most likely the TIV is going to be 1 cent to 1 dollar.

[quote name='themidnighter23']do i need the bag or can i just go int there with a box of dvds?[/QUOTE]

It varies depending on how friendly the people at the store are. One thing that Transworld (parent company of FYE, Suncoast, etc) is notorious for is very poor marketing and training. I basically drove 15 minutes from one store to another and the "rules" for the deal changed from being free bags and you dont need to turn the bag in once you trade something to being that you need to buy something to get a bag, and then u have to turn in the bag once you trade.

[quote name='joker______']i have a quick question where do you get the bag at? sry if it sounds like a noob question[/QUOTE]

The bags will either be at the counter, or spread through the aisles in the store. If your stores want to be assholes like one of the stores by me, they might try and get you to buy something before you can get a bag.

Ahhh, FYE thanks to this promo, I was able to buy two 60 gig PS3s two years ago...though I paid 138 for the second one. Luckily I have all the games/systems/movies/music I want so I'm sitting this one out. :)

[quote name='hopeunknown']Some good TRU to FYE flips:

Stoked 360 9.98 > $16 (base)[/QUOTE]

Shoot, I passed up at least 7 of those the other day.... Thanks Hope!

damn, my local mall has an FYE and Sears right next to each other, and a TRU across the street. I hope they do trade ins.

Yo Berzerker, check out my post in the DVD section in the FYE coupon thread. You should get a full $24 for Stoked (and Buzz) per my receipt.

For some reason on secondspin.com Singstar Vol 2 standalone trades in for $2 more than the bundle, so that might be another semi- decent TRU flip. 9.98>$12 base

^^^Yep, just did SS v2 at lunch. Confirmed. $18 net.

Also did the following (base/total credit)(bought from):

Stoked 360 $16/$24 (TRU clearance)
SNK arcade treasures(?) PSP $10/$15 (TRU clearance)
Super Mario Galaxy $19/$28.50 (had from a while ago, TRU B2G1?)
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party $13/$19.50 (FYE 50% off sale)

$105 put on a merchandise credit card

Once again 4 years in a row (I think) my local FYE's doesn't know JACK SHIT about this promo OR always out of the brown bags.

[quote name='gi60']Do they take multiples?[/QUOTE]

Like GS unlikely but YMMV. In the past, I've snuck in 2 of one title a couple times, one guy said no, other guy didn't notice.

I don't try anymore because the FYE I regularly frequent, the manager is cool there so I don't want to hose him. So if I have multiples, I do them on a separate trip with other stuff.

[quote name='s2k']I dont see where it says 45% more trade in credit.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a 25% bump over their usual base store-credit bonus of 20% so 25+20=45%. It's an awesome deal. I got my PS3 by doing this with all of my old CDs back in 2007.

[quote name='gi60']^Thanks for the info.. 1 more question, how's the pricing and promo there? Is it like GS?[/QUOTE]

It's a bit high and not as much selection. They're mainly a media store (DVDs, BRs and CDs). Games are just a side thought I think. Small sections with high prices. I think on the game side, they're comparable to BBV.

If you keep track of the high trade in values and stack promos on it, then turn around and buy stuff using coupons/promos, you can do ok on movies and Pocky (LOL). Otherwise, their everyday pricing is high and promos aren't as good as GS if you do a side by side comparo.

I mainly use FYE for movies (mainly BRs) where my flipping/stacking promos average me out to paying about 15-20 cents real money per $1 retail.

Disc only games and extra bonuses for BSP are YMMV. It varies on the areas your in and whatever rules the employee feels like following.

And Yes Cmart, you do need to bring in a bag. I guess it is what would be considered the "coupon" for the deal.

I seem to remember reading that FYE's TIVs tend to fall in line with wherehouse.com. Does that sound right to anybody?

Usually they're closest to secondspin.com

So annoyed...apparently "they don't do trades after 7pm". I hate how some FYE employees are lazy/the company doesn't train non-managers to do trades. Guess I'll try a different store tomorrow and do my trade.

Also all new Xbox/GBA/GC/PS1 games are 75% off now. Grabbed a whole bunch today. :)

[quote name='hopeunknown']Usually they're closest to secondspin.com

So annoyed...apparently "they don't do trades after 7pm". I hate how some FYE employees are lazy/the company doesn't train non-managers to do trades. Guess I'll try a different store tomorrow and do my trade.

Also all new Xbox/GBA/GC/PS1 games are 75% off now. Grabbed a whole bunch today. :)[/QUOTE]

They don't do trades after 7pm and a lot of them don't do trades on the weekend. I've never seen a store that wants your used stuff yet doesn't want to go through the hassle of actually purchasing it from you.

I have a small stack of games that would get me $49.30, but I think maybe even gamestop would give more... I'll have to look into it.

Hmmmmmm..... With the news of this gamestop B2g1, there might be many more options to trade over the FYE at a profit. I myself was just looking for even trades as I like to buy movies as well and have a ton of GS credit.

Okay, I could just SCREAM. After dragging my 100+ CDs into local FYE (Bezerker knows which one), they told me that the bags were out to promote the trade in advance, and it didn't officially start until the 21st. What the hell?

I called 2 other local stores that said it was going on, then called my local store back. They said that they must have manager override approval, and my store didn't do that. Come back the 21st.

I haven't seen this 21st nonsense on the rest of the thread. I just know that Bonnie was being lazy. I'm ticked, because I am leaving town until the 23rd. If I miss the window, I am going to go dynamite TNT on her.

I was in (2) different FYEs this afternoon and both of them told me that the bag promo does not start until next week.

[quote name='hbk1313']I was in (2) different FYEs this afternoon and both of them told me that the bag promo does not start until next week.[/QUOTE]
Thanks HBK. Makes me feel like I wasn't the only one.

Yeah, I was told that yesterday also, but they had the bag promo on a sign by the outside of the door and I pointed that out to the manager and he was like "oh, k. here's the bag"

donnie, i'd probably try to contact their district manager. it kind of amazes me how FYE is in business since their managment never knows a fucking thing about their promos going on. you always have to walk them over the the signage to remind them of their own store's promos, especially since their register system isn't smart enough to automatically put in promos for them. i got in an argument with a manager a couple weeks ago for the 50% off xbox sign RIGHT ABOVE THE SECTION and the buy 1 get 20% off used promo signs like two aisles away from them, and had to walk him over to the section and show him because he was yelling at me that neither promo was going on. :roll:

and all this trade nonsense about nothing before 7pm...hey, why don't you put that on your sign if that's the case? -_-;

Hmmm, I might try this....I NEVER traded into FYE before, but I have a stack of DVD's that I no longer want and some 360 games.

Errr...maybe not, after checking secondspin, some of the DVD's are only $0.10! wow!

Street fighter IV for 360 is down to 49.99 at gamestop, and trades for $26.50 base at FYE. Same thing with terminator salvation. If you can find another game that is about the same its about a $90 to $120 flip.

Call of Duty W@W is now @ 39.99 NEW / 34.99 USED.

Good flip for credit -> cash.

I used 3 of these copies on Amazon's Trade75/Get75 deal. Including the bonus, I was paid $50 a piece.

Rock Revolution bundle at Kmart 17 -> 24, and word of warning FYE is very picky about the game quality, even scuffing of the disk will result in the item being rejected. I got lucky last night as some other guy had just been rejected by the manager for his copy of terminator, so when I challenged the clerk when she rejected a basically dirty disk, he relented and allowed my trade. I guess he didn't want to be a jerk 2 times in a row.

Here are some DS and PSP GS->FYE possibilities available during GS' B2G1 that take advantage of FYE's +45%:

All prices are base GS -> base FYE:

PSP:
Cake Mania - $13 -> $9
Code Lyoko: Quest For Infinity - $10 -> $9
Smart Bomb - $5 -> $4
Taito Legends Power Up $5 -> $6

DS:
Code Lyoko: Fall of XANA - $10 -> $9
Di-Gata Defenders - $4 -> $3
Emma at the Farm - $9 -> $7
Emma in the Mountains - $9 -> $7
Six Flags Fun Park - $9 -> $9
Wacky Riders - $9 -> $7
Zoo Hospital - $9 -> $7

[quote name='Survivalism']Do they take Xbox games?[/QUOTE]

I seriously, seriously DOUBT they're going to take Xbox games, since they've put ALL Xbox/GC/GBA games on clearance.

[quote name='themidnighter23']do i need the bag or can i just go int there with a box of dvds?[/QUOTE]

The last time I tried this promo, I tried coming in with JUST some games or DVD's and I was told I NEEDED the bag. It's YMMV as always, but I'd go in and get a bag just to be safe. But it says right on the bag that you can bring extras(in the event it doesn't all fit in their bag)in in 'another bag, ANY bag'. Of course, they also gave me shit for that last time too, saying I HAD TO HAVE THEIR BAG.

[quote name='jedik']Do they take disk only games?[/QUOTE]

Not from my experience they don't, unlike Gamestop they actually CARE about the condition of what they take in and will nitpick even the smallest surface scratch and they don't take disc only or otherwise incomplete stuff.

[quote name='Drkirby']I have a small stack of games that would get me $49.30, but I think maybe even gamestop would give more... I'll have to look into it.[/QUOTE]

If it's current gen stuff and trades in for OVER a dollar at Gamestop, you can trade sets of 3 for a $10 bonus for each three at Gamestop right now. However, as I said above, if any of the games are incomplete or have even the smallest bit of dust on them FYE may not even take them at all.

[quote name='donniedroc']Okay, I could just SCREAM. After dragging my 100+ CDs into local FYE (Bezerker knows which one), they told me that the bags were out to promote the trade in advance, and it didn't officially start until the 21st. What the hell?

I called 2 other local stores that said it was going on, then called my local store back. They said that they must have manager override approval, and my store didn't do that. Come back the 21st.[/QUOTE]

How far off were the other local ones to you though? Since they said the promo WAS going on, why didn't you just take the CD's THERE? Personally, that's what I would've done once they said they were taking trades and the deal was going on.

I picked up the bag myself just a bit earlier and the store I got it from said they 'weren't taking anymore trades for today'. I ran into this shit the last time, where the lazy sob's didn't wanna process anything more for the day and turned me away after I lugged everything in a COUPLE of times.

If that happens more than just this one time this time around, I'm making a nice call to corporate or their DM and getting whatever asshole rejected my trades in some serious shit.

Unless they have a sign up stating 'no trades after X time', they damn well better take trades.

Well after picking up a street fighter IV today I peeled off the gs label to find that the box says "Not for sale/No UPC"M how is FYE about this stuff? Do I need to "make" a barcode for it or can they look it up? Is this another YMMV thing? I don't want to give them any reason to reject any of my trades....

YMMV on the above. I got a Bionic Commando that had it's UPC label punched out. They were able to look it up and take it. I'm cool with both managers there so it wasn't a problem. However, I did run into a cashier who resisted but eventually did it after I pressed.

Sorry for the noob question, but when I'm looking at the base values on, say, Secondspin.com, and it says 8.00, is that 10.00 cash? If it is cash, does that mean there's a percentage added to it, plus the extra 45% added to it for taking it as credit?

bread's done
Back